A Different Perspective

OP has a lot of valid points & I would agree there’s a large population of collectors in the player base.

I don’t understand how anyone can say there’s a lack of resources available, specifically gems. I think what it boils down to is something I’ve said in other threads that people used to get a ton of resources and more or less got used to squandering them because they were freely available. Classic ant & grasshopper story. But now that the belts have been tightened everyone is crying because they can spend as freely as they used to and can’t fully trait/ascend every new troop 5 mins after being released or might not be able to grab every new mythic the week it’s released. Heaven forbid it now takes a few weeks to obtain what could have been attained in minutes before.

Gem nerf or not, I still continue to increase my gem reserves.

• my guild roams in B3-B6 for +100/125 gems
  • I don’t purchase any gems w/ real $
  • I’m VIP 3
  • I purchase all 7 dungeon gem bounties (-300 gems)
  • my guild finishes all tasks maybe 1-2 LTs (+290 gems or something close to that?)
  • I collect 10-15 tributes daily (30-60 gems/day?)
  • I raise GW sentinels to level 4 (-140 gems)

I haven’t used gems on keys for a while because I have a stockpile of keys to pull from. I don’t spend event keys unless I’m missing a legendary or mythic from that kingdom. Gem keys I’ll only spend the week of a new mythic if I’ve exhausted seals or if we don’t hit 40k seals and a reasonable number of glory keys didn’t turn the mythic up.

I have over 10k gems and growing and maintain a buffer of 5k+ gold keys/2k+ glory keys/300+ gem keys 100+ event keys, 35k+ glory & 2m+ gold. I do maybe 200 pvp battles/week and always finish weekly event whatever it is. I’m only missing 6 mythic + xathenos at this time.

If I can do this on my activity level in a GW optional guild that’s fairly lax, there shouldn’t be any complaints from those doing a ton of PvP + LTs + GW B1-2 in top guilds.

Accept that you aren’t going to get every mythic the week it releases & wait for it to arrive in the forge. Accept that you can’t ascend everything immediately to mythic. Accept that resources aren’t endless and plan them accordingly.

Besides, for the collectors among us, how boring is it to not have something missing from your collection that’s driving you insane to try to get? :wink:

I’m impressed that your stockpile keeps growing! You spend more than I do. I’m in the same GW brackets, but I only purchase Sunday’s gem bounty, and I only go to level 3 of sentinels.

However, I still feel like I can’t earn the amount of gems that I’ll need on average to get the new mythic each month. Maybe the last one just hit harder than normal, but I feel like it was an average amount (just shy of 7k, all gem chests). I have heard people spend more to get nothing.

EDIT: I totally agree with this. Having something missing is what keeps me playing.

1 Like

Yeah, OP hit the nail on the head. Collecting and getting everything to mythic & traited keeps everyone moving forward whether they know it or not. Casual, competitive or social, doesn’t matter the type of player, we all need goals to complete. Only difference is how quickly they feel they need to accomplish them.

2 Likes