A Buff to Gloom Leaf, Please

In order to counter one IMBA team, you possibly may create more (with the Gloom Leaf buff). I do think Courage needs to be looked twice. I doubt the trait is supposed to work this way when it was originally designed.

Agreed. Pretty sure there aren’t very many troops that have any sort of trait that counters skull dmg (aside from the obvious defence trait that reduces skull dmg.)

Here’s a thought. Some sort of Undead/Necro type troop that ABSORBS skull dmg? It would be diff. Or maybe adding an ABSORB type trait all together…

A big problem with Courage is that he’s being stacked in a lot of setups.

If Gloom Leaf’s reflect damage is boosted to 100%, it will mean the demise of many explosion based teams, especially Gorgotha.

2 things:

1. Bone Dragon might be better balanced if his spell scaled off Magic, Succubus-style. So instead of “destroy an enemy’s armor” it would be like “destroy 20 of an enemy’s armor” - still pretty bad ass, but adding a cap that might limit the automatic extra turn plus killing 1+ enemy troops.

2. Gloom Leaf’s third trait is way more powerful than you give him credit for. No matter how much life he has, he reflects 50% of the full Skull attack damage. So even if he’s down to 5 health, a charged Bone Dragon attack for say 120 damage is going to reflect on the first troop for 60.

Granted this is only relevant for attacks that would otherwise kill Gloom Leaf, but it’s super effective against Bone Dragon teams because that massive attack will bounce back with a vengeance. I’ve been bitten by it myself many times when not paying attention.

This would be quite easy to add:

Spell effect: Deal [Magic+2] damage to all allies. All allies gain [Magic+2] life. Deal [Magic] damage to one enemy, boosted by the life gained (3:1).

What I sketched out could potentially kill one of your troops, but works early as a way to siphon armor and boost life. This counters both true damage teams and Bone Dragon. It also works well with anything that boosts on damage (Loyalty?), and joins Gar’Nok as the only troops that can damage your own team.

Actually just had the pleasure of testing this. Faced a team with Gloom Leaf in the top slot fully maxed. Let’s just say he offered no resistance to the onslaught. Dead in a single turn barely leaving a scratch on me. :cry: So gloomy.

I was thinking, how were you able to forget all the other 250 troops when you created this topic…

1 Like

Hey that’s the community’s job. I’m only a single cog in the machine.

I saw a problem in the current meta, I sought to offer a helpful solution.

1 Like

Did not know you had a secret love for Gloom Leaf. I think there is not much one know of anyone…

Only because Gloom Leaf makes me think of @ogunther

What’s your favorite troop Eika?

Gloom Leaf isn’t my favorite btw, he was just my first legendary.

Wait, surely not Manticore?

3 Likes

I am Groot?

I AM GROOT!

3 Likes

2 Likes

Yup, still a lot better than being a Seed.

1 Like

Ragnagord.

I love Gloom Leaf but I think the best Red/Green has to be Minogor (when buffed by Sunweaver)

Are you sure it’s not a Necromancer of some kind? :wink:

5 Likes

To be blunt about it - this zombie thread is from 2017. That’s about 4 years ago. I think only 1, maybe 2, of the original participants is still around. Maybe check the date before you reply to a thread next time? If you still want to discuss the subject, you can always start a new thread.

i know; i saw the date, and felt like posting it here. Thanks though