8th Anniversary on GW - How many of us are still here?

That’s the one.

I finished the tutorial on 2015-05-11. That’s about the time I found out about GoW. I was watching a TotalBiscuit video and he said “If you like Puzzle Quest, you’ll like this!”.

Played for about 5 months, then took about two years off because there wasn’t much else to do, besides grind your nose against meta teams in PVP.

I kept peaking in every week or so until it got to a level where it would actually be interesting to play and I had time. I saw the potential.

Came back in Dec 2017 and discovered all of the great resources everyone came up with. Thanks to all of you for the hard work. It really helps. :slight_smile:

As for the state of the game, I think they really need to focus on upgrading the rest of the old systems. Treasure Hunt is really atrocious when it comes to rewards for time, compared to all of the other activities. I can literally get more done if I just sit and grind PVP.

February 2015.
And…

Capture

But @esslee and @Shimrra very probably beat me.

5 Likes

Oops I meant to be tracking that …

I was gonna screenshot the 2k. Missed it by that much.

2 Likes

I have been in Match Masters years ago

2015 for the xbox version. And that gray area where i didn’t know others were playing, too, so i just played maps. Did that for 3 or 4 months until i was like, “who are you people and how did you message me?” Seems i made the pvp lb :shrug

2 Likes

I’ve been on as a Guild leader for 1,839 days today :slight_smile: I’ve been playing longer than that before i started TAG but don’t know when I actually started

1 Like

I think I’m at about 5.5 years now. Wasn’t playing exactly from day one. I think I started in May of 2015.

1 Like

You joined Anon in July 2015. No idea what your level was then. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was still pretty green. Felt happy the guild took a chance on me.

1 Like

2185 days in the guild (slightly less than 2100 as guildmaster) plus some time before that, not sure, probably more than a week, which seems like almost after the release date (November 20, 2014).

Damn, this game was so great back in the early days, even if it was a lot of simple things it still worked. And how I miss the old card frames etc. And actually regulary troop balance changes existed back then… But lets try to keep this a positive petras thread for once. lol :rofl: :joy:

4 Likes

Yearly check… and so, another anniversary has come. 7 years here for me.
How many “originals” are still around?

1 Like

Still here.

1 Like

Played every single day from when the GoW was released in November 2014. Joined Match Masters 31.1.15

3 Likes

Still here but not quite sure why.

5 Likes

Same but is like watching a car accident, you can’t look away. Also we are on the the car.

12 Likes

Still here, but only because of the people in my alliance.

3 Likes

Only 3 years 4 months here. I’m pretty sure I have logged into GoW daily ever since. I don’t recall ever missing a day. Joined a dead guild when I first started, then joined one of the Intrim guilds, before finally making my way to Carnivores, and the rest is history!

2 Likes

I’m going to start online dating next year and use this as proof that I can commit to relationships. Even the toxic kinds.

(First time ever in years that I’m missing troops because I’ve stopped spending money on the game.)

5 Likes