7.5 Update: United We Stand

Who is this for?

6 Likes

It wonā€™t be long before everyone is in the same alliance. Then you basically have another PvP leaderboard.
Maybe Iā€™m misunderstanding, the release notes are a bit complex to follow. But Iā€™m not liking what Iā€™m reading thus far. PvP died out within 8 weeks. I fear this mode will have the same lifespan

4 Likes

Nothing on the sentinels? Targeted dragons? Another rubbish update

1 Like

New stuff looks fun! I already know which alliance Iā€™m going to pick.

1 Like

The winning one just like everyone else

2 Likes

Hands up whoā€™s joining yellow knights, or brown dwarves
Hands down , whoā€™s not joining the dark order

:rofl::rofl:

The dark order
Best colour
Best art and banner.

God I hope they have thought ahead.
To stop everyone joining one colour
Itā€™ll be a car crash.

5 Likes

6 Likes

The baddies always have the best uniforms
You can go back thousands of years, even in real life.

Baddies just look better :rofl:

2 Likes

So, all 7.X updates will be for PVP. To either broke it more or create more modes that will be completeley ignored by some or praised to some point by others.
I donā€™t even know if Iā€™ll pursue the new trophies. As people are saying itā€™s kinda GW compensation. The fear I have is that this mode will postpone even more GW overhaul for those who really want it back.
The update that I liked most is the Legends Reborn rework. No more doing tons of battles with the same animation sequence. It will be narrow to complete, but worth it.

2 Likes

Summing this up, it doesnā€™t matter how well alliance members play. The alliance that plays the most battles wins, which is going to be the alliance with the most members. Players will flock to that winning alliance, because all other alliances are guaranteed to lose.

Apparently the devs anticipated that almost every regular player will end up in the alliance that always wins, so they found a way to not really hand out rewards. Anyone remember GaP?

15 Likes

Where is the Fix Xbox Achievements in the fix? This is crazy it has not been fixed yet.

2 Likes

Where is the update for NS???

1 Like

Good LORD, thatā€™s overcomplicated.
So, 5 alliances to pick from, and you better pick the right one immediately because thereā€™s big penalties for changing it. But also they donā€™t matter, so who cares what you pick, we might as well randomly assign players because thatā€™d actually be fair, instead of all the best players being able to pick the same alliance and dominate all the others.
Is there a plan for what happens if EVERY player migrates to a single alliance, once it starts dominating all the citadel wars? Or even if MOST players pick the same alliance?

Youā€™re trying to monetise guild wars, oops, I mean citadel wars, by waving gold marks under players noses and telling them they can buy more sigils to do more battles to try and win the citadel and earn more gold marks, but if everyone can do that, whatā€™s the point?

Why is there no citadel war on Wedneday? itā€™s one of the slower days, so I donā€™t get why itā€™s been excluded. Sunday makes sense, as thatā€™s voting day, but is something special supposed to be happening midweek?

What happens if you lose a citadel war battle? Obviously you get no VP or CP, but do you potentially miss out on facing the citadel guardian if you lose earlier battles?

Seems like a lot of players are gonna get kneecapped by elementalist opponents with super-tough teams and miss out on the guardian, only to give up on the whole alliance wars concept.

And how much after subsequent battles, if thatā€™s just the 1st battle?

WHY???
I donā€™t mind most hero gems, but you KNOW most players hate them, or at least hate some of them. I doubt anyone wants them added to PvP in general, given the backlash whenever a new one arrives and players have to put up with it in PvP, so why would you now add them to every PvP region except central spire?

Every third battle (3,6,9,12,etc) or the third in every group of 5 (3,8,13,18, etc)?

Meh. Hard to get, but pretty powerful. I guess itā€™s good but I doubt itā€™ll make a huge difference to most players.

I donā€™t understand what this means.
So, every battle gives gold marks? Or every 5? Or just when the silver mark bonus is in that region, it now gives gold instead? Or just something completely different and I donā€™t get it at all?

So more players means more gold marks (more reason for all players to migrate to a single alliance) or more players means less gold marks (which would spread players out I guess)?

Brilliant. This is a great change.

Also a great change. Iā€™m always careful to grab rewards ASAP, but this will probably help a lot of players who would have missed stuff.

Cool, simple is better. Good design choice.

Oh for the love of-ā€¦ WHY? Youā€™re making the pause menu even MORE complicated? All players want was to go back to the old layout, with all the information on ONE SLIDE, so you could see everything you needed at a glance. You can have the fancy new graphics around it if you feel the need to justify wasting money on making changes, but keep the menu simple so players can see what they need. PLEASE consider changing it back to a single slide and clear layout, like it was before.

Cool. Can you make it INSTANT? No idea why it was animated in the first place.

With all the new gems, this is a great addition. Especially for newer players, who may have missed the gems when they were added and need to know what they do.

Overall, some really good stuff, overshadowed by a new mode that seems way too complicated and a couple of bad changes. Great(!).

9 Likes

But also, thank you for continuing the trend of announcing changes days before the patch comes out, so that players have a chance to plan ahead and get ready to-ā€¦

Checks calendar
Never mind, I guess.
SIGH

1 Like

Wondering who exactly asked for this update in the player base, I bet zeroā€¦

8 Likes

just bring back the old way of gw and let us gw battlers play again, devs get a break from trying to fix an already failed pvp /gw problem and gw battlers can start doing the gw that we come to love about the game

7 Likes

While itā€™s not similar at all, this reminds me King of Avalon and similar city builder/army mobile games. The idea of having to battle for Citadels at set times, ugh. Iā€™m sure this will be nowhere near as stressful as any events in KOA, but itā€™s still making me anxious just thinking about it.

I hope alliances end up being somewhat balanced or this will become rather boring.

3 Likes

100% it will be real money.
the wording purchased always meant real money in the past

5 Likes

@Kafka
Plz dont keep radiosilence, answer the main question:
By the description the most populated alliance always wins just because total of their points is higher than low member alliances. Is there are any kind of balance system for that or itā€™s totally forgotten?

7 Likes

This is the type of content that gets dominated by guild families, more so if different families now decide to contact each other out of game and ally up.

2 Likes