7.0 Update: Underspire

Apparently more than 155, that’s the most battles you can fight without spending cash.

1 Like

Disappointing but not surprising how monetized it seems to be. As with most things for
F2P games, balancing time and available resources (time, gems, cash) is key.

6 Likes

Yep unless you play hours and hours per week, grab your wallet if you want to keep up!

6 Likes
  1. (20 x 20 grid).

That said, because the Underspire is broken into 7 blocks/sections, a successful run will require nowhere near that many rooms because once you clear a block/section (pass through the exit locked door for that section), you know that all remaining unexplored rooms in that block/section are not part of the critical path to solving the maze.

The critical path is maybe ~100 rooms or less. The problem is that to pass each section/block, a player needs both to find the exit door for the section and either the merchant or the gem dragon to obtain a key for that door. That is where luck comes into play and torches will be wasted in the search for either.

12 Likes

Which currency is the gem merchant asking for, gems? How much for the key (assuming it’s unchanged)?

2 Likes

Merchant key cost is (100 Gems * Section/Block number).

So, 100 Gems for the first key (the first merchant is intentionally placed on the critical path and can’t be missed, also has the free lantern; players have to find the merchants in later blocks which are not on the critical path), and up to 600 Gems for the key for the last locked door.

EDIT: Skipping key purchases does not lower the cost of keys in future sections, so there’s no way to reduce the cost of the keys.

10 Likes

It’s too much for me. I’m a old player and I announced my retirement to my guild after the GW.
I’m very disappointed by the road take this game. I know the game needs to give a pleasure for everybody and needs to be diversified.
GW is my favorite event, destruct by elemantalist, after that Wand of Stars and soon the new Zuul (sorry the name is so complicated) with 3 other colors.
Wand of Stars (Elementalist) 2 empowered and Zuul or new Zuul… 1500 troops for that :joy::joy::joy:
Just stop the GW it’s no sense now.
No strategies, no creativity, no teams. 2 teams and the board. OK, I’m exaggerating, but that’s not far from the truth. It has become a very easy event to play, which no longer requires thought or ingenuity. Only experienced players will be able to turn a lost fight into victory. The concept for this update is good, the game needs everything for everybody. Enjoy the new update :wink:

15 Likes

“Negative. On beta, the only way to get Shiny keys was to earn them through the new Stage 13-16 weekly event rewards (Stages 13 and 16 if I remember right) or buy them with cash through the Headstart, Booster, or Deep Shrine offers.”

Another way to get money from us. Getting kingdom power levels past 16 is pay to win. Now upgrading troops is pay to win. I was holding out hope for patch 7.0 like an idiot. Now, I just don’t know…

I think of his game like an old, worn down house that is need of serious repairs. Instead of fixing the squeaky door, clogged up sink, busted water heater, good-for-nothing furnace, broken windows, or front door, they decide to get a new puppy. We just want things fixed!

As an end gamer, I think many people would agree that this patch is not going to fix much. It only adds these new shiny tokens that are gated by money or spending more gems in events. It has been clear for over a year that the only way I can make meaningful progress is by paying money.:moneybag:

12 Likes

Actually, ten years ago it was a new house in need of serious repairs.

Actually, instead of a puppy they usually go for adding a second clogged up sink, buster water heater, good-for-nothing furnace and broken front door.

Actually, yes! Any word on the broken kingdom offers that were announced fixed with update 6.5? :see_no_evil:

12 Likes

My poor gem wallet cannot take it! :joy:

2 Likes

Spending money on Underspire is definitely off the table for me. How many gems I’m willing to spend, if any, will depend on how good the potential rewards are. I’m not a fan of having to rely on blind luck to find the right rooms.

13 Likes

Hey Lyrian,

I like the look of the Underspire, though I’m obviously not a fan of the blatantly p2w elements.

My biggest concern, though, is how long this mode will take each week. That’s especially because the devs have paid no attention to such concerns in the past (eg: GW, World, Campaign, Kingdom Pass, Season Event and Bounty in the same week – FFS!).

Can you give an estimate of how much time this mode will take to do each week without spending cash? Similar to Season Events?

I assume it will vary a lot because some kingdoms have no useful weapons. Has that been an issue for you?

Thanks for any more info.

5 Likes

Lot of people complaining about the huge amount of troops and new stuff in short period of time with no real use. Lots of complaints about bad designs bad mechanics, fixes where there were no need. Lots of suggestions on how to improve several game modes. Tons of bugs and minor issues that create a huge problem altogether. Then:

• Create a “new game” inside a mode that has few complaints
  • Ignore lot of bugs and issues that were promised to be fixed
  • Launch a ton of new stuff with several specific rules that will cause confusion
  • Insert a new update for troops with no ending on sight (30 of how many? 1000+?)
  • Other game modes that fan base is begging to remodel and nothing
  • Change other game modes to be more similar to one that received a huge negative feedback

I need to check really close this update but I don’t think I’ll spend time and resources on that underspire. Just like Epic Trials where I only play if I really need the pet, since they don’t release equally new ones.

Oh my. What I’d do for my guild.

5 Likes

A whole lot more. From information provided so far we are talking about > 100 battles, scaling way past E12 difficulty, with severely limited troop/weapon selection and no way to boost your power.

2 Likes

Thank you for saying what a lot of us, (at least me) are thinking. This is no way realistic for F2P players to achieve WITHOUT paying. And it’s obvious they know this but do they care??? Really? So yes, if logic serves us right, this would be ANOTHER motivating factor in making F2P to QUIT the game… or just ignore this game mode, after going 1/3 or 1/2 way and run out of torches, gems, or cash. You shouldn’t have to go broke with any of these to achieve the final goal. I want to look for the good in this game (there are some good additions in 7.0) but they ruin this ‘fun game mode’ (Underspire) with un-achievability and cash purchases in order get to the end.

5 Likes

Do under spire rewards include the shiny tokens for upgrading shiny troops? If not, then to hell with this game mode. It brings back the nightmares of doing pure factions all over again without potion effects.

How many bugs and imbalances will this bring? We don’t need to be saved by a heroic, and probably idiotic attempt at something exciting. We just need a professional to fix the foundation we already have.

I would like to remind everyone of a simple but brutally honest proverb from the carpenter Jesus Christ himself, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

4 Likes

I really wish you guys would knock this off. I can’t speak for anyone other than myself, but I hate this trend wave you guys seem to be determined to keep riding.

I don’t play GoW because I am excited to match a couple of gems and then click on something. (That’s the mechanics!) I play because I really enjoy all of the choices we can make, building teams. It seems like each new thing results in another choice being taken away.

It’s also not fabulous for monetization. Why care about obtaining anything, when you can’t use it for what you want to use it for? It’s just the dumbest saddest way to slow death your game. Please stop.

24 Likes

I really want this to be equally as good as well as achievable for all players with suitable stats (ie no need to spend real money)! But my hopes are not high. It seems to be another way to have my gem stack, small as it is, further raped and pillaged on a daily basis. To say most of us will have to exercise restraint is like having a new bike as a ten year old at Christmas, but only being able to ride it without the saddle. In no time at all, your arse is gonna hurt

5 Likes

At what time does this release? it says July 19th AEST but it doesn’t say what time.

2 Likes

Could you define “we” and “fun”?
The event is necessary once for everyone to fulfil the ridiculous achievement, but I doubt that anyone is actually looking forward to it.

Also

Great, even MORE troops. It’s not like there aren’t enough of those already.

Do you have ANY IDEA, HOW AWFUL THE ODDS TO PULL A SPECIFIC TROOP FROM CHESTS ARE GETTING?

11 Likes