6.9 Update: Trials of the Conqueror

No help at all!

Yes, each time a Kingdom is the weekly event Kingdom and the fresh Epic Trial runs you will earn free pets for participating and receive the Offers again.

The article is up now:

1 Like

i’m largely close to end gamer.
have all possible kingdoms pl 21 or above.

WAS missing only about 10 pets, and one of those was war corgi [my eternal nemesis] and the others were campaign pets they have not yet released into the pool, since they stopped releasing them now a year ago.

i have decided i am 100% fine with not maxxing out these new pets.

i got better things to spend my gems on, and won’t need them for kingdom power levels in almost every kingdom.

i’m not defending the changes, but i am saying that except for ppl even more completist than me, this spending gems on the trials is not worth it.

if i’m still playing in a year and have all forge weapons maxxed, i might rethink things.

otoh, if i have all forge weaopns maxxed, i might have gotten enough pet orbs too…

4 Likes

So yet again veteran “completionist” players are stuffed !

It was the main thing that has kept me playing - keeping up with all the new troops and weapons.

I have just wasted 7 months and 80k+ gems trying to obtain all the dragons (finally get there next week) and now this.

Great, I can forge these weapons when it is the kingdom event week.

This year, next year, sometime - NEVER !

I am pretty much done here :frowning:

4 Likes
  1. Vulpacea pet for 1 MILLION gems??? LOL?
  2. Why can I only do epic trials on one kingdom? Is that intended?
  3. This is definitely not a fun system - extremely boring, repetitive and restrictive. Like a worse version of arena. You learn more about game mechanics if you have a chance to actually do something about the enemies’ skills rather than being forced to - in this case try to loop with Todd and hope the enemy team gets no lucky skull drops and/or lycanthropy matches.
  4. I don’t know what the easier tiers are like as I did all the challenges before, but judging by the ones I could do, this is going to turn newer players off more than bait them into playing/spending money.
2 Likes

Congrats. The devs broke guild wars again.

1 Like

Thanks! It worked

I’m an end gamer with almost everything despite a 2-year layoff. I agree with all the angst of yet another update that nobody wants. At least they got rid of the annoying green check mark on main map!

However this update helped me out somehow. As I had all Kingdom tasks at 8ish. This allowed me to finally finish them off in just 2 battles each. I did about a dozen last night in the NE part of the map. Suprisingly, I enjoyed the logic puzzle. The in-game hints actually are the solution.

Stupid me for liking the official post when it came out, thinking they made changes for the better. Why is it that every time they update something, they either break it, or suck all of the fun out of it? Can you please start listening to your customers and try to make them happy, instead of pushing them away with things we didn’t ask for or need?

4 Likes

“Trials teach new players game mechanics”

No way.

Once again, you got 25% of the way there. Want to teach new players?

Put the hero back in! That’s what this game and the story is all about. Restrict the weapon choices to the kingdom, restrict the class to the kingdom, let players choose from the kingdom troops they already have and if they don’t have enough to fill the four slots, then fill with a designated troop as currently designed.

That would enable a new player to focus on how to use traits, and class settings to their advantage to win battles in a focused setting while gaining resources to upgrade their troops. It would allow new players to level up their kingdom class at the same time.

Oh…and it would be FUN!

32 Likes

The first lot of Trials can do that, tbh, although the last few get a bit repetitive and tedious. Epic Trials aren’t included in that statement, and are just extended challenges that no one’s too interested in.

I think after maybe Trial #5, relaxing the restrictions in the manner you said might be a good idea – i.e. picking other troops from the kingdom, using the hero with the kingdom class and kingdom weapons.

1 Like

Star icon needs adding to Help Centre – I assume it means the following:

A list of kingdom icons / markers and their meanings would be good for referencing in a kingdom / map article, as well.

3 Likes

This is the only thought I’ve seen so far that comes close to my early reaction to the 6.9 update. Yes the bugs are really unfortunate. But streamlining old content, while adding a short, non-grindy challenge that can be repeated endlessly and actually requires using your brain (unlike any non-GW content where you can use the hero) are good impulses by the devs in my book. :man_shrugging:t5:

I’m not crazy, however, about adding such a gem sink every week to our plates. Something approximating the holiday event pet gem cost (or perhaps leaving the purchase options permanently unlocked after the player clears the epic trials) would be much more fair than just adding a 1000 gem weekly tax to players who want to tackle this extremely time-gated content. Especially given the scattered, rng nature of the weekly kingdom rotation (the underlying villain causing many problems with the game currently).

3 Likes

I noticed this too – it needs to be duplicated on the “Trials” panel (maybe the specific message “Epic Trials Available”) in the same way that the orange Mythstone bonus icon gets duplicated on the “Explore” panel.

1 Like

Was anyone offered Hunter to buy with gems or is this already misleading (aka lying) ?

2 Likes

Yes, but only for the regular trials and not the epic trials. I might have been tempted to part with 500 gems during the epic trials when a tank would have been helpful.

2 Likes

So we will be able to buy Hunter next week from the Val trials since it won’t be Epic at that time?

No. If you have completed the regular Vulpacea trials then you won’t be able to do any trials there next week. If you haven’t done the regular trials yet then Vulpphire Hunter will be offered this week and next, but for 1,000,000 gems. I expect the usual 500 gem price will not be available until a new client is released (my guess is there will be 6.9.1 or 6.9.5 patch release in a week or two).

The only offers i ever received were for Red Fox and the Starry Pet. I do not have Vulpphire Hunter and was never given an offer for it.

1 Like

I was offered the Troop Pack for its intended original price (500 gems) and purchased it.