6.9 Update: Trials of the Conqueror

Did you even read what I wrote or just carelessly throw advice around?

I know perfectly well that Rattigar Cutpurse comes from deep delve (and should be available in portals this weekend).

They said in patch notes that Rat Swarm (not to be confused with Rattigar Cutpurse) will be available in chests after weekly reset but it seems nowhere to be found (not going to open chests randomly when the troop does not exist under Unowned).

Lapina Healer, by the way, appeared in portals expected 4 weeks after deep delve event.

1 Like

Lol I dug for 4k shards getting none.

1 Like

The Lapina Healer has been available in the portal, for The Warrens, for a while now.

Currently, I have ten copies.

More importantly, any update on the epic task purchases in Khetar?

The screen itself was so cool!

Too bad they’re not that good, at least for the hammer I pick. Damage is so low I rather use Common weapon. Extra attack from free weapon upgrade is nice though.

Any update on this? Release data is still not set (default Jan 01, 2030), so it’s also not in Unowned list yet. Doesn’t look like it would be on the Gold key pool.

Edit : Despite Broken Spire already get a rework, thus updated quest line, it was updated again to include this troop. Aw…

1 Like

Just jumping in to say BRAVO! Most of the Monday pain is gone with the new campaign! This is what we need for players to stay in the game, ease the burden!

They still cost ONE MILLION.

Those 3 weapons are basically just Rock Worm. At one point in the game’s life cycle, Rock Worm looping was effective. In 2023? no clue.

Don’t forget that classes give +5 magic to weapons of a specific color, like Warlord is to Red Weapons and Spiritwalker is to Green Weapons etc.

Matters more at a lower level.

I completely misunderstood the campaign update.

Instead of rerolling to complete an easier task. You just added another option to pay more gems. Real classy. Im sure going forward there will be more"quality of life" issues that don’t have extra pay options for no reason…this game is circling the drain as you push to increase your bottom line. Be careful.

1 Like

can you hear that? its the sound of “pay for extra stats”

1 Like

Which task is hard for you tho?

To be fair, so far those new campaign tasks have been pretty similar to the old rerolled tasks, easy to complete for everyone, no time gates. I didn’t feel any need to reroll, if it keeps up like this I can find no reason to complain.

4 Likes

This might be why you got instructions on what Rattigar Cutpurse is and where to find him? I understood what you were asking but can see how someone might have turned it around. :woman_shrugging:

I don’t think i said anything was hard. No need to be condescending.

Epic trials were added supposedly as a tutorial or whatever. The old campaign task had things like “use a kingdom team” which seems like the same thing as epic trials to me, but with the flexibility EVERYONE is asking for. Of course people skipped/rerolled it before but some people skip the entire game and only play treasure hunt, the idea is to make it accessible for everyone, not only the 2% of people who can complete epic trials. Who was this made for again?

I know my words wil be lost here because yay i don’t have to think about X aspect of the game anymore, it just happens. My issue is, and its probably only my issue like all my issues apparently, is that i have no motivation to play Monday morning to get campaign done. That was a jump start to my trophy count. I have no motivation to do pvp because there is no associated task for it. Now i can just mindlessly play the game and kill stuff even more so than before… when is the next Chalcedony/Seekra/Todd release please?

Credit where credit is due imo. I waited until actually playing the new campaign before commenting, but unlike another promise to give tasks normally done in course of playing (forgot which update that was promised, but ranked PvP isn’t something I do despite the task being something most of us do), these new tasks feel like rerolls. This is relaxed gameplay for me. Thanks Devs!

Strictly speaking, no, that’s what the regular Trial tiers are for. And the lowest tiers are actually fine for demonstrating the intended mechanic/gimmick. It’s just that they scale badly. Oh, and the Epic versions are just an extension that rotates around with each weekly kingdom.

1 Like

I find it silly how they are trying to teach strategy to new players yet with update they keep adding more RNG into the gameplay. Now we have death mark gems to deal with. :man_facepalming:

Excuse me, not the epic ones. Im completely wrong i guess. The old challenges did not do that because you could use any team you wanted. Like i said trials were added/modified to be tutorial. Doesn’t change anything i said.

I just finished this week’s Campaign. I actually am going to say that yes it ‘seems’ much easier this first round. I didn’t have to go back and keep checking on what I was doing. I liked that I could complete by doing what I do in the game.

Now before I get all excited - I am going to see how the next 9 weeks go and see what happens. But it’s Tuesday night, and I get the bennies of finishing earlier than normal. I normally finish up on Thursday night or Friday, sometimes even Saturday, and have re-rolled at least 3 of the tasks in the past

Has there been any statement on whether gnomes appearing in trials (unlike the old challenges) is intended to happen?
On the one hand, it makes it easier (or even possible in the first place) for players to beat the epic versions, so development can’t really like it.
On the other hand, it drains verses, which is always a good thing to them.

Should we expect a “fix”?

1 Like