6.8 Update: Treasures & Temptations

Daily dungeon duamond offer

50 gems 20 diamonds

Merchant offer

60 gems 10 diamonds.

Update is epic lol

2 Likes

150 for 30 vs 300 for 60 doesn’t really change anything. Those same players can easily buy the daily version at a later time without losing anything and they won’t notice a difference if they weren’t buying it daily in the first place.

This is the only thing I see that is a possibility, but seeing that other thread about duplications makes buying more feel so wrong. Maybe it’ll matter more if they ever change the Dragon crafting…

Is the achievement for the Daemon working for anyone?

The Faustian Bargain
Encounter the Daemon 5 times

I encountered him twice, took him up on his offer and it hasn’t progressed. This is on Steam.

Mine progressed, Steam as well

1 Like

Thanks! I restarted the game and it updated.

5 Treasure Maps for 5,000 gold showed up for me

1 Like

Sure, which “most” and which “us” are you referring to there?

I like to “speed farm” too, I just don’t choose to spend much time farming to begin with, so the impact on my play pattern personally is pretty low.

Fair enough. I actually didn’t have a point to make there, other than some mild caution against making premature judgements…

Nah, have to disagree on that. Yes the average is the same, but the lower price tag shifts the psychology of it ever so slightly closer to “impulse purchase” (or at least “discretionary spending”).

How about that other Dungeon offer of 15 Diamonds for 100 Gems? Why is that still even a thing.

The new Pet Food offer, for its worth, is a STEAL compared to its equivalent Soulforge cost (1,000 Souls and 1250 colored Jewels).

Another bargain (as compared to Guild Tasks, 5k for 2 Maps).

1 Like

Bah, I figured it wouldn’t include changes to Treasure Hunt. They baited it.

Also, still no change to Dragon system. This does slow down the battle crashers grind… thank you so much for that.

1 Like

Pet food and deed offers are great.

But dont deflect away from the diamond offer being a hell of a lot worse than the dungeon daily offer.

You was being a politicion there, saying forget the bad one there another one thats good lmfao…

So i reiterate

Dungeon daily diamond offer.

50 gems 20 diamonds good.

Merchant offer

60 gems 10 diamonds crap.

If you want to reply.
Stay on what i mentioned, and dont deflect.
Thanks.

1 Like

Sure its about as effective as $20 vs $19.99 making a difference in impulse purchases

Sure I’ll take 2 Token of Anu, :eyes:.

15 Likes

This seems odd. I feel like I’ve seen more Angel encounters than Daemons

1 Like

I like the update so far! :+1: i skipped through the complaints. :rofl::joy: it gets old seeig the negativity but that’s only human nature. Hence me staying away from the forums more these days.

10 Likes

Uh, no. Try the difference between a 12-pack and a 24-pack of otherwise the same cans of soda, at the same/similar unit price. (btw, I actually work retail for a living.)

Yes, the merchant offer for Diamonds is … kinda crap. Still slightly less crap than 100-Gem Dungeon offer, and it’s not as crap as the random Flash offers (costing 200-500 Gems, analysis pending), but when you compare all the different possible Diamond offers, the outlier is ACTUALLY how the 50-Gem Dungeon offer is so ridiculously good.

(Also, I don’t think I was “deflecting”? Whataboutism, yes, but not deflection.)

4 Likes

If you worked retail for a living, you would know 24 packs of soda are cheaper than 12 packs on most non-sale price per can price.

Where as 30 and 60 dragonite are equivalent in price per dragonite.

I’m just glad Treasure Hunt wasn’t changed in any capacity.

2 Likes

For me the Genie’s Lamp offer was 50 gems, not 500.

Yes, that is also usually true. The biggest example I can name is probably half-liter single bottles of water, where if a multipack (24 or 40) is broken we don’t treat it as a loss but just stock the bottles separately (they have appropriate labels for individual sale).

But it is not true of all cases, pun intended, for various reasons.

Some examples I can name

Tobacco: People can buy them in packs or in cartons of 10 packs, the system is configured to sell them both ways. But there’s zero difference in unit price between the two – though the manufacturers routinely run “buy 2, save $” style promotions.

Dry ramen noodles: These arrive in cases of 24 and, as one of the most convenient soup items people will definitely buy them whole cases at a time. Usually if somebody buys a whole case the cashier must still ring it up by individual item(s), but these cases actually are configured to scan both individually and by case. But there’s basically no difference in the underlying unit price.

Certain specialty energy/nutrition bars: Depending on the brand and flavor, these can be purchased in single bars, or boxes with 6, 8, 10, 12, 18, even 24 at a time. Like with bottled water, the bars inside are typically labeled for individual sale, but in general, the only bars intended for individual sale are the ones arriving in “shelf ready packages” ("SRP"s) of 12. The shelf has plenty of space to fit several cases of each item, and people do occasionally pick them up by the full case. But because it’s an item counted by individual bar, the SRP of 12 has generally no difference in unit pricing.
THAT BEING SAID, larger box sizes (not designed as an SRP for individual bars) are generally more cost-effective than smaller boxes. For example, a box of 10 bars will be more cost-effective than a box of 5 bars.

PS - One of my routine tasks involves inventory counts, and our system actually requires me to count full-cases vs. singles on certain items. So yes, it’s something I have to deal with daily.

That actually depends. Where I live, I can buy single cans or 6 packs for example and in a supermarket, the single can costs the same as a can from a 6 pack unless there is a sale on the 6 pack.

1 Like

speak for yourself. deeds are pl limiting and there was no way to farm them

2 Likes