6.8 Update: Treasures & Temptations

I even got 2 back to back in 1 explore run twice. But only useless stuff that I already had more than enough of. Hopefully there’s at least a decent offer every now and then.

Another one: 30 Dragonite for 150 gems (equivalent to the dungeon offer)

Hey, looks like this update is concurrent with Switch. Cool!

BRB after I check it out…

And at least twice as accessible! Lower Gem price for those without an endless supply of Gems on hand, and not explicitly limited to one offer per day for those with.

Say that again after you’ve clicked away a Dragonite offer.

3 Likes

Oooh, I like the merchants so far. :+1:

This says bless A random enemy… It blessed the entire enemy team.

1 Like

Maybe I’m just bitter, because of my years of playing this game and constantly being disappointed, but here are my thoughts on this so far.

First let me point out that this is yet just another update with nothing really new or interesting to add to the game. Just mostly updates on resource spending of course. Flash offer UI update? How about Delve or medal UI update first? Something that actually matters yea know?

Second this merchant system is awfully annoying. Maybe some of the merchant offers are fine? Like the pet food one is pretty good. But throwing in the genie and Daemon that provide absolutely nothing worth mentioning just adds to the spam factor of this mechanic. I feel like I’m being spammed because I am. As most of us like to speed farm, getting this pop up every couple minutes or whatever is incredibly annoying.

3 Likes

Just had it come up from the Merchant.

Should I be excited to pay the same rate as the daily offer?

Took the 3 event keys for 10k gold instead.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m on the same boat as you. 5+ years now, and the last « good » thing they put on is the Gap, even though it’s not as fun the last few months.

I really though they would try to improve treasure maps. That would have been a step in the right direction, but no, just more offers where the real goal is to slow down heavy farmers.

I still play because I care for GW, but right now, I’m thinking about stepping out

1 Like

Some of my guildmates got 3 Deeds of Ice for 150 gems and 10 Brown Pet Food for 2,500 gold offers

OMG, plz add an option to disable the wandering merchant!!!

3 Likes

Should I be excited to pay the same rate as the daily offer?

Maybe not excited, but it’ll make the grind a bit quicker for people buying the dungeon offer, or making dragonite a bit more accessible for free to play players and newer players.

3 Likes

at least give players the right to choose if they want or not want the wandering merchant

1 Like

Please tell me you have preempted.
These merchants not popping up.
During a gnomeapalooza in explore.

Cos if you havnt it will end the game for everyone.
Especially after the last 3 months.

Just a warning to fix.
Before it happens.

It’s right there in the news item:

6 Likes

Yes we have been told stuff before that wasnt true
Or beta tested.

So il check 3rd march.

5 Likes

It was beta tested.

Source: I was one of the testers

2 Likes

Il screenshot your name.

Incase the merchant appeers during a gap.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Remember weve been lied to before.

Vault event january cough cough.

So once a person lies, can never be trusted.

Sorry wasnt you.

Well, I’ll bring a bit of positive feedback, overall it feels like a good update to me. We’re getting more ways of getting dragonite, cursed runes and imperial deeds (and colored deeds), at reasonable prices as well (or free from the Angel). Cheap pet food and event keys. Hoping for a book offer!

Boosts from the Daemon or the Genie can also be pretty useful during PF runs if you’re lucky enough to get one at the right moment.

4 Likes

10 Cursed Runes for 80 Gems just showed up for a guildmate

2 Likes