6.7 Update: Krinklemas

Holiday event updates - we’ll see when we get one.

New orbs - thumbs up!

Dragonite Gnome - now (seeing average expected dragonite drop) it’s time to update my pre-release estimation of 200 daily gnome-eligible games to 100 daily gnome eligible games for crafting one dragon egg per year.
From a purely numerical view - it’s a nice and good update. Unfortunately, that’s where it ends as, from the gameplay experience perspective, I’m not looking forward to these new critters with excitement.
The elephant in the room looms as large as ever - we are still at a complete mercy of GoW RNGesus, we still don’t have guaranteed dragonite source that allows to plan for 1 egg after X days even with most rotten luck ever, solution for duplicate dragons is still a promised pipe dream for which I wouldn’t exactly hold my breath (remembering how, for example, promise of improved daily deals unfolded - proud announcement in patch notes despite the fact it never actually got released and not a word ever since, successfully swept under carpet and forgotten, it seems.)

Not a single letter of important feedback has been taken into account and acted upon again.

Now, just imagine somebody boasting several perfect runs and several dragonite gnomes while the next guy has zero perfect runs and zero dragonite gnomes with the same amount of gameplay…what’s there to be excited about?
(I will, though, count every single gnome-eligible game starting today and every single dragonite gnome just for the record.)

Oh, one more thing - how long did you think before making Dragonite Gnome’s durability in E1 just outside double Ironhawk farming range?
I can’t say I believe it to be an oversight by accident, my bet goes for deliberate act.

Troop upgrade interface - absolutely worst thing to come out this update!
Pre-6.7 I needed only two things from individual troop menu - Orbs tab if ascending with blue ball and Upgrade tab where every option I would ever need was a pop-up window from the same red rectangle - perfectly understandable and easily accessible.

Now leveling has been moved to a completely separate window that makes no sense at all and for other upgrades I would have to click through different tabs that I find so annoying. What is the purpose of this downgrade and how it is supposed to improve my experience?
The only redeeming point is “max upgrade” button that will allow to interact with this abomination as little as possible.

Overall, new upgrade interface is what I would call a prime example of wasted development resources, changing system that had functioned perfectly for years just for the sake of changing something instead of, you know, maybe fixing an existing problem or two.

18 Likes