6.6 Update: Lost Souls of Carmina

I was doing a couple of challenges while I had a few minutes to kill after my game finished updating and I thought the same thing. I could swear that the Spider Queen I met in one of those battles had a different-looking background, enough so that I paused and took a closer look to make sure exactly what troop I was facing as it didn’t seem like anything I was used to seeing.

You are right.
On Switch it’s still an older artwork with way less blue but grey and no door inside the tree. Also slightly different artwork at all.
I’m too lazy to upload a pic from switch atm :wink:

The artwork is similar as the 5th pic in the guild menu for the background.

1 Like

Hi @Jeto, are we still getting the Broken Spire Kingdom Rework Update?

1 Like

This is huge (if true). Thank you for finally fixing this issue.

3 Likes

Speak for yourself, whippersnapper :wink: I only got one or two of those white orbs floatin around.

For anyone else who has peeped at the new Zhul Kingdom art - it isn’t a bug

1 Like

No, it just means the animation of the first door opening must finish before the player can open the second door.

What we really need is to be able to target a specific dragon Boss in this update.
Unfortunately no solution in this update and the suffering continues with duplicates.

1 Like

i have 4 dragons and 1 repeat.
i have since joined the long list of ppl who refuse to buy any dragonite until the dragon egg situation is resolved.

1 Like

You really expect this to ever happen?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The game was howering between 1700 and 1800 average player during Dec 19 till Dec 21. Since the release of elemage it’s continously falling down to an all time low of ~1500 player since almost 3 years.

4 Likes

How does this compare to other similar games over the same time period? All I see here is a bump during the pandemic, where we have now returned to basically the same levels as before everyone was working from home /remote from school for 2-3 years. Oct 2022 and Oct 2019 shows no net change at all.

5 Likes

Go on and compare it with other games similar to GoW. Or to any other game. It doesnt matter which one you pick. In most cases the player count increases for other games. Not for GoW.
It has nothing to do with the pandemic.

And now ask yourself why this happens…

I don’t know what the source of the data is. You’re making a claim, I’m trying to see if the claim is justified. Can you give an example of a mobile game running since at least 2015 to today where the number of players is higher now than it was in 2019? if “it doesn’t matter which one you pick,” as you claim, it should be easy to provide?

Have a look for yourself. I don’t play many games especially none that are compareable to GoW. Maybe you know some of them.

here’s a comparison pic before this gets lost in time:

7 Likes

so… you can’t actually back up your claim that something special is happening to Gems of War that isn’t also happening to any other 8+ year old mobile game.

Here is a similar game I used to play, Marvel Puzzle Quest. Seems basically identical to the GoW chart you posted above. Huge boost in early 2020, then ups and downs with overall steady decline since then, and returned now to basically the same place (within 10%) of where it was 3 years ago

As you can see in your example the player count used to be pretty much the same over the whole time and has not grown significantly like GoW did during the pandemic.
Usually if the player base has increased by 20% it only decreases if there is a newer version/similar (but better) game on the market or the devs keep ignoring the community like it is happening for too long here.
Your game hasn’t got the benefits due to the pandemic obviously and that shows pretty much that my claim is correct.

So actually you gave yourself the back up for my claim…

This is so far off topic at this point, I won’t reply further, but you’ve cut off the “% change” column from your screen shot. The monthly changes in our charts are basically identical. We’re looking at Steam users for a mobile game, which is already dubious. I can tell I’m not going to convince you using data or logic. If you’re unhappy with Gems of War, stop playing, stop posting on the forums, get a new hobby. You’ll be happier in the long run, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Honestly, you’ve done pretty well – that’s probably not the kind of example indicating an issue (yet – when the repeats start to stack up as your odds of getting a unique Dragon decrease, I’m sure it will get bad).

The people who already have e.g. 6 Dragons, 5 of them repeats, are the ones really suffering at the moment. I agree about being unsatisfied with the current situation, though.

2 Likes

Yes, I can wait but for how long? that is the question.