6.5 Update: Dragon's Path

I suppose it depends on your definition of “keeping/catching up”.

Remember, there is no live multiplayer in this game (PVP teams are cached and played by cpu) and the majority of content is straight PVE, you don’t exactly need a “meta” or “top tier” team to compete and many powerful troops/weapons seen in the meta (Mang, Queen Beetrix, The Great Wyrm) have fixed/easy methods of acquisition.

1 Like

i love this update! i just got it on kindle and its awesome, i love opening the doors and seeing whats behind them. definitely gonna be grind to get gem dragons but thats okay
edit: something i forgot to add is that it makes dungeons much more interesting, safe to say i will always do daily dungeons now lol. old dungeons were boring, new dungeons are fun!

4 Likes

For end gamers quality of life who doesn’t need diamonds, we can just skip doing dungeon battles the moment we triggered the trap. I am planning to do this at a higher level. There is no need to get annoyed, just skip the battles.

Happy days!

I am planning to complete this in a year so I am relax.

9 Likes

Only this is much worse since Dungeons aren’t farmable.

What a detestable decision it is to make dragonite only earnable through “perfect” dungeon runs, i.e. almost never, and to tie achievements to it. It’s clearly bait to drain your gems.

The only positives out of this update are the new ways to facilitate aquiring forge scrolls (buying cursed runes in dungeon offers and, presumably, forge scroll daily deals.)

For what it’s worth, I have access to 4 accounts. I play 1, 2 came out of mothballs from years back to help fill at bottom of the alliance and were re-retired recently.

In the interests of science, 8 dungeon runs - not avoided a trap… Most is 2 battles, 3rd a trap, usually it has been the first selection being a trap. I’ve had silence all and death mark all today before my first battle.

1 Like

This new dungeons are crap. got the same - silence and deathmark. tried the battle and that is how it was:

1. Turn - 2 troops killed trough death mark, others remain silenced.
    enemy turn - can cast 1-3 spells - i lost my third troop
    my 3. turn - last troop killed via death mark.

that is stupid and sucks the fun out of the game.

if this will be the future of gow, i have to think hard if i will go on playing this.
Till now i enjoyed a few dailys and some guild tasks a day to come down from daily shit. but a game that frustrates me this hard is not enjoyable.

1 Like

Have you ever considered to adjust your team depending on which traps you already encountered?
I.e. using “impervious” troops?
This mode has been boring for… well… ever. (Rowanne/Phoenicia-Team yarn)
Now we have some new kinda esciting stuff going on and can even go further downstairs

10 Likes

Vanja Soulmourn (Bless a troop at 4-match) would work too. Maybe combined with Sister Superior or Apothecary.

And being lucky as usual, I have gotten my first perfect run on second try. It is not impossible, just a bit unlikely.

1 Like

Welcome to the bottom 0.1% of RNG! (Why couldn’t that be a Hoard Mimic drop?) Yeah, nobody likes losing via Death Mark, but like the previous post says, there are ways to work around it, like swapping to a Dwarf (Fortitude) or Silverglade (High Ancestry) based team. This is not like a Delve where some runs can get completely ruined by traits like Tangling, Insulated, or Tidal Affix. (And even then, you can still find these listed on the map before you assemble your team for room 1, so plan ahead.)

I am curious about the stairs. (I am playing on Switch so we have a few more weeks before 6.5 drops) I assume that traps take effect immediately upon opening the door (otherwise what would be the point?) but is this true of the stairs too? Because if both stairs have an equal chance of appearing, then statistically speaking your Dungeon level will always average out at Lv.2.

You have a choice when finding stairs. So far I found one downward (that I used) and one upward (that I didn’t).

1 Like

From my experience:
The stairs are optional (if it’s not bugged or you click to quick through the pop-up) and you can choose, if you wanna go further whatever direction it shows. Just if you are at the max end (level 1 or 20) and you would go further in that direction, you get no pop-up.

And btw the average level would be at 10.5 at some point, if we wouldn’t have the option :wink:

1 Like

Nice to know!

Not exactly, if both stairs have an equal probability (and you always take them) then the expected value over time is +/-0 from your current level.

Maybe the expected value would be slightly higher, as floor 1 only offers the downward option, while being on 3, you can still move in both directions.

Now I’m confused… school days and stochastics are so long ago…

that’s my complaint. i don’t make teams any more, too many troops for me to wade thru. i let my more obssessed guildmates figure things out.
every mobile game i’ve seen suffers, this, they have to keep introducing content, that means extra heroes/troops added all the time, and usually a power creep. in gow case, it’s the opposite. because they are introducing new troops, their mythics are suffering a power drain.
when i started, there were about 46 mythics.
now it’s easily twice that.

same w pets. i’m someone that likes to complete things. not sure any new player ever had a chance again to do THAT.

what’s more, their content seems to be increasing in rate.
do they realize they’re at the end of the easy monetization curve and are trying to milk the lat bits out before the game settles into some sort of downward income curve?
idk enough abut the economics of these games to guess.

No, that depends on the fact, that you can’t go upstairs if you are at level 1 (and not further downstairs if you reach level 20).
Take i.e. coinflips. If you give Heads an advantage of 20 on the scoreboard and you flip the coin 1.000.000 times, the average outcome will be 50% which is compareable to the average level which will be exactly in the middle (10.5). Ofc it might take some time, but if it would always be random and if we wouldn’t have the option, we would end up at 10 or 11 in average.

seems to me that what this will do is set the average end value at level 2-3.
since you can’t go down at level1, you can only go up, you’d hit level 2, and from THAT point, all things being equal, you’d hover around there.

…thinking about it a bit more, there will be some movement, because of runs. if you’re at level 2, and you hit a run of five ups, only one will be counted, but if you hit a run of 5 downs, all five will be.

i expect this will see SOME movement from the baseline of level 2.
but then end result would depend on the odds of getting runs longer than the current level you are hovering around.
since runs of 10 would be highly unlikely, and we can assume any run in one direction is likely to be balanced by a run in the other direction, your final level will likely depend on the frequency of runs with x in a row.

i dont’ have the math skills to figure that out, but i’d still guess it’d be closer to 3 or 4 than 10.5.

1 Like

From every stage (except 1 and 20) you have the probability of 50% (if you encounter any kind of stairs) to go either up or down. This would lead you at one point to level 20 no matter what. It also would go back to level 1 at one point with the same probability and average amount of time, but you would be able to get to all stages even if it takes years to achieve that. Some players might be able to get it in 19 days already. It doesn’t matter where you start at.
Ofc most people would hower around 1-5 in the first few month maybe even first year, but at one point they would reach level 10 and 11 and from that point the average level (10.5) would never change.

But this discussion is very pointless since we get the option to go in any direction or not (except for level 1 and 20).

1 Like

Just wondering if the devs ever considered the wisdom of creating a mode that means that for 9 our of 10 days, every player starts the day with disappointment?

21 Likes

I think they didn’t understand the odds. Two traps, so that’s 33%, right?

1 Like

To those, who are unhappy with the dragonite concept, please let me throw in a scary thought I just had:

How long will the devs resist the temptation to add more possible troop drops to the gem dragon egg?
A year? Two maybe?

“More content” is a good thing, right?

/me throws an angry stare at the gnome vault

2 Likes