6.5 Update: Dragon's Path

This is me too.

We haven’t lost anything in this update – and there was a worry that the daily gems offer, the F2P player’s main source of diamonds, might get nerfed. We get the same rewards from the 3 dungeon fights, plus potentially more from the boon room and more by descending to deeper dungeon levels. We get the chance of deeper dungeon battles being actually challenging rather than just trivial daily farming. This all seem good to me!

The Dragonite, yes. Clearly crafting those are going to be long-haul projects. But Zuul used to be too, until gnome-a-paloozas made orbs plentiful; and was arguably better that way as the moment of finally getting there held more weight. I’m… kinda OK with these taking a long time to work towards? And at least progress towards them is visible: you earn enough Dragonite, eventually you craft. That’s much better than the Hoard Mimic progression of “you don’t get it until suddenly you do”.

The random hatch of the dragon egg though: this is terribly random and evil and is going to cause a lot of player frustration. This would be much better as 6 different colored eggs.

20 Likes