6.4 update crashed game and will not run again

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam, Windows 10

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Since installing 6.4 update, game was, at random times, resetting video card (RTX 3080), causing any open windows to refresh. finally game crashed after winning world event match. Have not been able to get game to load ever since.
Now when attempting to start game, the game starts off in windows mode, tries to go full screen (black screen) then crashes back to desktop (no error messages). Have tried uninstalling game, and verifying the integrity of game files, to no avail.

Other games on my computer work fine with no issues.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Began shortly after installing 6.4 update.

Steps to make it happen again
Click on Gems of War icon on desktop or Steam, game starts in window mode, attempts to go into full screen, seconds later, crashes to a window that says Not Responding.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the issues!

Can you please try all the troubleshooting in this article and let me know how you go?

Steam version kept crashing on startup until I was able to update the game on mobile. Now the game on Steam is able to load.

Seems the game didn’t like the mix of 6.3 and 6.4 over 2 platforms?

Hey @jamiejamez

The problem you experienced would have been caused by Steam being on 6.4 and your mobile being still 6.3.

I’m very glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself after update to 6.4 on your mobile device. Very sorry for delay in the update releasing on Google Play.

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

I have the same issue. However I have the app installed only on my iphone. Ever since I updated to latest version the game is not loading.

Hey @Bernos

I’m very sorry to hear that you’re experiencing this issue. Please submit a ticket with the Support Team here; https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000013356

They’ll be able to help you in a lot more detail!

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective: