6.3 Beta Program [closed]

Hey everyone!

It’s that time again for our Beta to return!

To register your interest, please answer the following questions in your email application. As we typically receive a lot of applications, please keep your answers brief and to the point.

• Your invite code ! Please make sure to include this in your email.
  • How long have you been playing the game?
  • What are your favourite game modes?
  • Do you speak any additional languages?
  • What device/s do you play on?
  • What do you think makes you a good fit for the beta?

All beta testing discussion is carried out over Discord, so if you are interested, please make sure you have Discord downloaded on your PC or mobile.

Accepting applications over the weekend and then we’ll choose our testers during the following week.

We want to make sure there are some fresh testers with each update, and some old testers may be invited to participate again. We always endeavour to reply to everyone, whether accepted or not, but if you don’t hear back we apologise and you haven’t been chosen for this round of the beta program.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Please be aware that at this time the beta is only open to Steam players .

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

7 Likes

Am I right in deducing that the window for applying was less than a day?

It’s 1:30pm on Wednesday in London as I write this, and the OP says it’s 1 day old.

With such a minute window, you’re only ever going to get applications from people who live on the forums. Or have I missed something?

They probably mean next Tuesday (otherwise it would be really weird).
Deadline with a date instead of just Tuesday, Wednesday etc would clear up potential misunderstandings in the future.

“Accepting applications over the weekend and then we’ll choose our testers during the following week.”

A bit more attention to clarity from the Communications Manager would be appreciated.

Personally, I always express all times relative to Reset in online games (in addition to any other times given). That’s because everyone knows what time reset is for them.

While I can’t guarantee my time conversion, 3am UTC sounds like Reset -5.

As for the beta, I’d love to help, but I have zero trust that anything I said would make the slightest impact.

1 Like

I consider beta feedback as advance notice of how the larger community will react to the new features/changes. You have to keep in mind the beta happens when most of the work has already been done and the update is close. It’s too late in the process to get much more than minor tweaks through.

I’d recommend trying it out, once. It’s an interesting peek into the kitchen :sweat_smile:

But what’s the point? If it’s just for knowing a few weeks ahead what feature has already been set in stone to hit the fan next, why bother? I’d rather let myself get surprised than participate in some marketing show.

3 Likes

I know a few people who have been part of it, and based on their reports, I’d be hugely frustrated.

I hope Inf+2 gets some value from the beta programme, but what I’ve heard doesn’t inspire much confidence in the process they’re using.

3 Likes

From my experience (keep in mind I wasn’t a huge contributor), small stuff like typos or missing graphics and such are fairly likely to be fixed, while major disagreements on key features (such as GAP being completely OP upon release) will not be changed.

@gary_dils was the biggest contributor for the beta I was part of and may have more to say about the experience. To be fair though, I think the same things get said every time a beta thread comes up.

1 Like

I did it once and felt the only people I actually talked to were other beta testers. Dev feedback was minimal.

After having done betas for other games I probably had too many expectations.

It’s cool if you want a glimpse into what is coming, and maybe help to correct a few minor issues but it’s not like you’re going to have a big impact.

1 Like