6.2 Update: The Secret Hoard

As rare as these encounters are, I can’t ever see running away when you finally get a mimic battle to pop regardless of GAP, etc.

1 Like

Eventually they fixed Zuul now new players can get it pretty easily thanks to GAP and vault weekends.

What exactly is wrong with an achievement new players have just as much chance at as older players?

Does everything need a way for us to unlock it in the first month guaranteed?
I get that it is heavily RNG based but we should all eventually get it just some will be luckier than others in how fast we get it. It doesn’t have to be attained today or tomorrow it is ok to wait for it it isn’t like if we do or don’t have the achievement anything happens.
Like Zuul it may be possible the rates are adjusted in the future but the update is not that old yet.
If we are lucky we get it and with enough explores done we should eventually get it, true I would rather they add more skill based achievements instead of throwaway ones but hard to do in this game.

3 Likes

Dev1: “So, you know how some troops do a range of damage?”
Dev2: “Yeah, like Magic - Magic x2?”
Dev1: “Precisely. I have an idea for a new troop. An Ultra-Rare troop. It’s going to do a maximum of Magic+2 damage…”
Dev2: “Okay. That’s not very unique though. Lots of troops do Magic+some base amount.”
Dev1: “Wait! There’s more!”
Dev2: “Oh god I’m excited.”
Dev1: “It’s going to do less than that also.”
Dev2: “Oh… uh like Half of it’s max damage?”
Dev1: “No, it’s going to do a minimum of 3 damage.”
Dev2: “That doesn’t… seem like a lot. Berserker is an Ultra-Rare that deals (half) - [Magic + 8] damage and the damage is even boosted by his missing life.”
Dev1: “Okay, okay, but not all troops can be identical, right? So, we need to have some balance? Plus, it’s a new troop!”
Dev2: “Yeah, but… shouldn’t new troops be troops that players actually want to use? Dealing 3 - [Magic+2] seems pretty bad. Is the damage at least boosted? Maybe it does something else, like explode gems?”
Dev1: “No, nothing else. Don’t want to make it too complicated for players.”
Dev2: “Okay… uh, does it have any interesting traits?”
Dev1: “Sure, we’ll give it the worst skull trait – Agility, 20% chance to dodge! 80% of the time, you’ll take full skull damage, 20% of the time, you’ll take none. It’s perfect.”
Dev2: “Okay, but why would players tank with that?”
Dev1: “They wouldn’t.”
Dev2: “So what’s the point of the troop?”
Dev1: “Leveling up kingdoms.”
Dev2: “Why didn’t you just lead with that?”

16 Likes

Added some thoughts.

5 Likes

Is it possible to buy the hero pass when you’re lv 100+?

1 Like

Yeah, although I haven’t tried it, but I’m 100% sure it is.

Currently impossible on EU Playstation.

Are Mimics just… disabled on Steam or something? Playing on Android last night I was getting mimic battles left and right. Playing all day today on Steam and I’ve yet to get one.

A minor thing, but there are lights in the vault although I have no keys, please shut them out, It’s bothersome to first go see if forge can be upgraded and after that trying to play vaults without keys for the disappointment…

4 Likes

Did anyone allready get the mimic myth?

Guildmate of mine did.

15 Likes

So yesterday right after the update I got 3 mimics in like 4 runs. Then ever since they fixed the game crash issue (after collecting rewards from hero screen) I haven’t had one mimic. Could be just bad luck.

Same here. Last night I had 3 mimics and mimic hoard. Today: nothing.

Same here, 3 last night (about 1 in 10), but 0 today. Coincidence?

You forgot to post an update announcement on Steam.

1 Like

There is absolutely something bugged. There’s no way I did 10 or less boss chests last night and got 3+ mimic battles out of it, then today I do upwards of 20-30 bosses and get ZERO.

On another note…

Over 10k Glory chests opened.

• A whole bunch of legendary troops
  • Another copy of Ahries mythic
  • 1 copy of new Epic Ascendance
  • 1 copy of new Epic Moon Mage

Seriously… these two new Epics are more rare than the mythics and legendaries I’m getting from the same chests. Oh look, a thousand more glory chests opened:

No Ascendance or Moon Mage, but a third Ahries? Sure, why not!

Have a bunch of legendary troops!

Woohoo, a second Ascendance! That’s now 2 Ascendance, 1 Moon Mage, and 2 Ahries.

Didn’t get enough Legendary troops? Have some more!

(I’m not even bothering posting the screenshots of all the chests with just epics or 1-2 legendaries, but none of them have the new troops either…)

Is this because the pool of Epics is so diluted that finding a specific one is THAT hard? I mean, is getting a specific Epic actually more rare than getting a single Mythic?

2 Likes

Looks like it.

I didn’t open that much but I can’t seem to get moon mage.

Oh well, I’ll have to save for the next mythic now or I’ll miss out on that over a troop I will probably never use. :sweat_smile:

I think there are now ~283 epic troops in the glory & gem chest pools now. So pulling a copy of a specific epic troop comes down to:

Glory keys: ~1 in 7641 (~1 in 27 for an epic pull * 1 in 283 epic troops)
Gem keys: ~1 in 2646 (~1 in 9.35 for an epic pull * 1 in 283 epic troops)

Keeping in mind mythic week, it’s actually much easier to pull that specific mythic from gem keys than a specific epic troop. Spending gem keys for a missing epic is a very expensive thing to do (for each epic you’re basically throwing away ~2.6 guaranteed mythics).

Good luck!

9 Likes

The low-res chests on high-res background are awful.

1 Like

Has anyone seen a mimic today (Wednesday)? I’m up to 0 for 50 so far.