5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

Not completely, but for me it’s gamebreakingly bad in all high-level battles: explore L12, tier 3 PvP (and tier 2 against skull-attack teams), high-level delves, Arena.

Until it’s fixed I suspect I’ll mostly be spamming low-level farming battles : explore L2 (or L5 with Phoenicia), tier 1 PvP, level 50 delves. Not great but at least I might get a jump on finding gnome verses.

(I tried dropping down to 1.5x speed and oooooooooh noooooooooo I caaaaaaaaaaaan’t.)

What seems weird to me is I’m not even sure why it would be advantageous to make events occur on a clock in the first place — are we to believe every skull hit, status application, etc… are all in a race against one another to apply themselves, as opposed to simply following a set sequence? Maybe that sort of simul-proc is faster, but harder to get right?

I dunno :man_shrugging: Makes me curious from a game-dev standpoint, is all.

Also here to toss my 2¢ in and say the bug, though annoying, is not so game-breaking as to overshadow for me the goods we got.

I’m loving the lycanthropy changes to a more tolerable implementation (Moonsinger finally works as it always should have — now if we could only get The Gray King et al!), and I’ve been happily hunting for the new gnomes. I’ve yet to find one, but :man_shrugging: — my guild mates have, so I know the buggers are out there, and scouring Krystara for them is giving me the thrill of having something new to chase, even if it will only be “new” for a short while.

3 Likes

x3 works for me, no doble skull damage recived, still seems absurdly slow smh :joy:

I’d assume it’s a race condition between several threads competing against each other. Something like an UI thread that prepares the event queue and an AI thread that puts the first match event into the event queue still being prepared. If the AI thread is slow enough it works out, if it’s too fast the event queue ends up with artifacts.

Not only skull damage is doubled for an AI hit, also the mana. They get TWELVE mana from 1 3x match xD (in Arena)
Always the same with these updates… Lame testing, lame results.
Links to videos…

12 mana :

Double kills with 1 skull:

All these, in 20 minutes of gameplay. You guys should really consider adjusting you “testing” definition

6 Likes

Not sure if this is true for everyone, but for me x3 speed doesn’t have the skull damage bug. It’s not as nice as x4, but so much better than x1!

1 Like

5 Likes

Had it happen to me in delve also.

I wouldn’t say the game is unplayable currently as some of us are suggesting. I’m able to explore 12 in x4 speed without hassles. I’m getting hot double damage everytime the AI matches skulls, but I won most battles before it does that damage.

Sure, no problem. If you would, the video credits goes to the Marthos Guardians GL - Jen. Mobile/PC platform.

Great, added the video credits :slight_smile: thanks

1 Like

Finally proof the “AI is cheating.” :crazy_face:

I know, it’s just a bug.

I found a fix for the skull bug that worked for me I had to Uninstall the game then re-download and use the link account option not the cloud save to get my account loaded. Now the account isn’t affected by the skull bug

These were taken before I did this and my hero with barrier sentinel class got hit and took damage

Second set is same account same device sentinel hero with barrier

Barrier worked as intended

@Kafka

3 Likes

Accendently deleted pics of before without a barrier but skulls working as intended normally as well

1 Like

C’mon devs, what is even going on over there? This double enemy skull damage / mana situation is both obvious and game-breaking. It’s not an edge case, it’s every single battle in multiple game modes and near-impossible to miss when it happens.

How you missed it in testing is absolutely beyond me. There are huge gaps in your QC process that clearly haven’t been addressed and just keep getting worse with each passing week. It’s really disappointing for what has been a great game.

2 Likes

I’ll try this right now, both PC & Mobile. Thanks.

Edit: It worked! No bug at all, playing normally now.

Im getting the 2x skull bug too in arena and explore, but playing the weekly World event it almost seemed enemy wasnt doing enough skull damage. Hitting troop that had no skull reduction, with 51 attack only did 38 damage. Like it was 3/4 damage. Anyone else have anything like that or was it a fluke. All have been on 4X speed.
Edit: Next time it seemed to do extra damage, this lastest game was doing 3/4 again 60 attack doing 45 damage

More amazing testing!

I truly cannot believe how bad these people are at their jobs.

1 Like

Now at higher levels and took down the speed to x3 as someone said earlier, and no double skull damage at world event.

2 Likes

For what its worth, its currently 6am in dev-land. Don’t expect anything for at least a few hours.
(But more likely next week or something?)

1 Like