5.6 Patch Notes (Gnome-a-Palooza)

My friend is looping the GAP’s with simply rowanne/leprechaun/maraji queen. Not exactly an endgame build. 50 battles per GAP sometimes as low as 40 if server lagging.

2 Likes

Yep, this. Totally don’t need the showy 3x Ironhawk team for this: lots of cheap teams can do fast clears at L1.

1 Like

For each person getting tons of rewards, many more aren’t. I would bet most of us here on the forum play more than most, so we are constantly seeing people earn crazy amounts.

Personally, I have only done one GAP today, and can’t make another. I doubt I will get a second today. Yet, I play more than the average player. 78 gems today. That isn’t game breaking.

For once there is a way to farm things that previously had time gates or were so ridiculously time consuming they weren’t worth it (gems, diamonds, pets). This is a huge win. I will likely play more because grinding is a thing.

7 Likes

Definitely this. GoW RNG can be very fickle.
I played for 1-2 hours earlier today, managed to get a set to craft & run → bashed a lot of gnomes, had a lot of fun, then checked to see if I could make another set.
Nope. Had 3 2 0 2.
Now 8 hours later, not with solid hardcore mindless playing but still, quite a lot of battles, I’m still waiting for that 3rd verse to drop…

At 19/30 gnomes now on the GV tracker, had 2/30 after I finished that gnome-o-cide earlier in the day. So I’ve clearly run into a lot of gnomes, just not had luck with the verses.

Some people get lucky, some don’t.

1 Like

I’m just so very very glad for this event as a 1000+ player who couldn’t get what they needed for so many things.

Likely had many lucky drops early in the day, now have 18 craftable GaP to work with and supremely happy. Feels like I can get closer to end game goodies much easier now.

Crazy to have watched this thread go from super unhappy to super grateful. Props to the devs for Christmas in July.

Bummer for our guild leader who started later in the day and has had one Palooza.

For others in our guild… kid in candy store = engaged.

3 Likes

Considering they’ve hid those new tarot cards behind the Vault, this Gnome-a-Palooza shifted things back towards neutral.

Play this weekend or miss out. Woo FOMO.

7 Likes

Good job to you1 Glad there are those who are finding it fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know someone that spent 3 hours and finally got enough to craft their 1st one so not everyone is as lucky as some are

1 Like

Honestly, everything from the Gnome-a-Palooza doesn’t even hurt their bottom line.

They’ve got people on a subscription model now (Campaign) and have other resources not part of the GaP (tokens/medals, deeds, War Coins) to throttle everyone.

Everything given away is basically materials that people werent paying for anyways. Gold, Glory, Souls, Ingots, Shards etc.

What’s the worst harm? Diamonds? In a game with 50+ mythics on a timer rotation? Orbs? There’s still going to be people paying $15 for the Campaign Elite Power Orb over spending time farming verses/keys/gambling Vault Keys. Chances are the people grinding this heavy weren’t going to pay for that stuff.

People finding hundreds of Vault Keys are likely going to just hoard them anyways. That’s what the monthly mythic conditioned people to do; hoard keys for some future boogeyman. Vault Keys never used may as well be 0 found.

None of GaP needs to be reduced. In the end, they’re getting their player engagement/player retention metric from this.

All of the numbers on paper look silly, but it really hasn’t changed the game in the slightest.

22 Likes

Could not have said it better myself. They have a constant revenue stream via campaign which allows them to do fun things like this for the player base. Instead of folks running around like there is a fire how about just saying great job and relax and enjoy 5.6…

2 Likes

I feel called out, but that’s true. :rofl: I used what I needed to get the troop I was missing, and I’ll be hoarding the rest again.

1 Like

dont worry, lots of people are like that lol. (myself included)

I need to proofread my typing more though.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining buy I’m not buying this lol. This is completely out of character for the devs.

Now that I think about it, what is the percentage of players that regularly visit these forums?

Is there something inside the game itself, that I overlooked, that tells a player the purpose of the “verses” dropped by the new gnomes? Is it obvious that one needs to visit the “other” tab of the soul forge, click on the Gnome-a-Palooza item, then click the question mark to find out what it is?

How many players are thinking, just another vault key weekend but a day longer than usual?

3 Likes

Honestly this is the most fun I’ve had with an update since the introduction of the Underworld.

Thank you devs for this gift (despite the AI skull bug which did not affect me on Android)!

Disclaimer: I can’t play hours straight and the only reward I am hunting are Vault Keys to hopefully obtain the new troops.

I don’t understand any complaints about the “economy” due to GaP. This is a boon for everyone new to seasoned vet, casual to hardcore!

8 Likes

Theoretically if one comes out of the weekend with only a single set of verses, they can have their own “Vault Weekend” every day - as long as nothing in GaP mode gets nerfed.

1 Like

@Saltypatra …. This is the best event ever. I’m feeling a balance patch impending and still don’t care. It feels good. Right now, today. The feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels! :heart:

6 Likes

I was expecting Luther to pop up and say something on finding the fourth verse but nope. Huh.

The game does give some free verses in the mail, but it isn’t really explained.

1 Like

I agree this is the most fun and excited I’ve been to grind this game in over a year.

A lot of people seem concerned about it breaking the economy. I however think it’s completely fine and here’s why.

This game has no catch-up mechanics whatsoever. More content is being released and no way of obtaining resources at a faster rate. This event is a good way to bring some sort of a catch up mechanic to early/mid game players.

Maybe not everyone realizes the absurd amount of resources this game requires for you to actually make progress. It’s nuts. It takes 1-2 years of constantly playing to obtain some things in this game.

For end game players: People who are pulling these incredibly high gains probably don’t really need it anyway. Myself for example, I already had 100 vault keys and tons of other resources like gems and diamonds just chilling.

For beginning/mid: This is the perfect mechanic for you to attain resources at a rapid rate to be able to catch up a little bit. Getting a surge of resources for a weekend even doesn’t break the economy, and gives you a nice boost to help get caught up.

Does this “break” the economy? I don’t think so. I think it’s fun and actually helps players. This event isn’t going to take someone from 0 to everything in one weekend. Even grinding a ridiculous amount of hours at the fastest possible rate won’t do that. People doing that anyway are in the vast minority.

Now I will admit I am a little ignorant on the topic. My opinions are based completely on the assumption that this event only occurs on vault weekends.

9 Likes

@Saltypatra can correct me if I’m misquoting her.

But a while ago, I asked if the devs had a plan in case a mass exodus of players happened after Epic Tasks were introduced. She said they would look at the numbers and head in a different direction if necessary.

Well here we are. :person_shrugging:

So yes Gnomeapoolaza is very rewarding, after over a year of update after update doing the opposite.

3 Likes