5.4 didn't break Guild Announcements... But hopefully 5.8 (not 5.5) fixes it (because it's not a priority issue.)

Platform, device version and operating system:
Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, Android 11
Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Couldn’t replace the first word of the already existing guild announcement.
How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
First time I tried to change it since 5.4 was released.

Steps to make it happen again
Try to edit a preexisting guild announcement. Was never an issue before.

When I scroll left the text box jumps right a bit. Weird. I think that’s new. Scrolling right doesnt cause this. But, Ultimately I can still change the first word. Also Android.

1 Like

I don’t think this is new :thinking:

What I usually did was put the cursor at the start of the visible announcement and then drag it to the left.

Would you like a video where I can’t drag it to the left?

(That’s what I was trying to show where I can’t scroll.)

It’s definitely a new issue since it wasn’t an issue when I last edited the guild announcement on 5.3 version of Gems of War.

(As mentioned in the OP.)

If it’s not an issue, or not a “new” issue to others. Great. But please make that more clear in your posts and detail exactly what kind of devices you’re using to actually help with the bug.
Just saying Android is helpful… But not helpful enough.

So many voices wanted to be heard on bug reports. But so very few voices want to actually give helpful information on bug reports.

But then tell the devs to just fix it! :person_shrugging:

I’ll rephrase. This is not new to me, I haven’t been able to do what you’re trying to do, ever. But maybe I just don’t know how to use the android keyboard or tablets or phones in general.
This is what I’ve been doing when trying to get to the text on the left:

Taken on Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 7. I get the same on Pixel 4 running Android 11, but I use a different keyboard there, so don’t know if it counts.

To get around this, I just have the announcement typed up somewhere else to copy paste into here because I have found the keyboard with GoW always a PITA to use.

2 Likes

Using Android 8.1.0 here. The only thing new for me is the weird cursor bar that shows up in regular chat too. I think the jumping right as I scroll left is also new but honestly I am not sure.

2021_04_14_20_03_09_3

Since us three have different results, could this be a keyboard issue? I am using Gboard 10.3

1 Like

Man, ain’t that the truth.

3 Likes

I guess there aren’t so many good and helpful people that aren’t afraid of the forum. It does have a reputation outside of it as being toxic, especially on Discord. That said, it’s a necessary evil.

Hey, unfortunately this is the way the Android keyboard works and we have no control over how the keyboard itself works. The functionality shouldn’t have changed between game versions as we can’t do anything with that.

1 Like

I just did some further testing and yeah it was just a coincidence that I noticed it after 5.4

The functionality is 100% dependent on the character amount utilized in the announcement. If a small number of characters are used then I’m able to move the cursor around with ease. But if the Max advertised amount of characters is used then my cursor is stuck to basically the same functionality as the video already made.

So anytime I changed the number prior to the OP. The announcement must of been within functionality range of characters.

1 Like