4 and 5 matches not giving extra turns

I’ve noticed today that 4 and 5 matches aren’t giving extra turns to the player. I’m doing explore battles on PS4. I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks but they’re not it truly isn’t giving the extra turn. It misses like 3-4 times per battle. Not sure if this is a known issue on console or not. Thanks!!

1 Like

“Play Station record that” Or whatever the command is.

1 Like

Definitely post video. I know it is a pain to edit it down, move it from the console to a computer and then upload it here, but it is really valuable to the devs if you can. If you don’t post video, people will always wonder if your troops were just frozen or something.

1 Like

@Stan ok I’ll do my best to get a video! Not sure how to do it but I’ll figure it out lol

Are you sure none of the troops gaining the mana from the 4/5 matches are frozen? If a frozen troop gains the mana you won’t get the extra turn. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ogunther Hmm I’ll make sure next time I play. The few times it’s happened it happens at the start of the battle and I haven’t been frozen that I know however I didn’t know that rule about being frozen and not gaining the extra turn. I’ll update when I play again. I guess there are many things I have no idea about in this game and I hate to make new threads about stupid things.

1 Like

No worries @Linkpast95 (if that is indeed what is going on); as much as I love GoW and the developers, the game does a piss poor job of explaining it’s mechanics. You almost have to read through the forums to learn the basics of the game. Frozen took me a long, long time to figure out.

2 Likes

I have seen this also, but not so many times. I’ve had these problems also a while ago, but it was solved when the previous patch/update came out.

I noticed I have quite a lot of times that 1 of my troops get frozen while i am the one who’s making the 4/5 match?! It even happened once on my first turn with mercy.

Maybe Valk skull matched and hit bone dragon? That would freeze her.

If a green/blue troop is frozen, you don’t get extra turns on 4 or 5 matches of green or blue. All other colors give extra turns. If the front troop is frozen, you also don’t get extra turns on skull matches.

1 Like

Yep I’m a dunce :confused: My troop was frozen pizza and the 4 or 5 match didn’t count so it wasn’t a glitch. I apologize for making the thread. Next time I’ll look at other threads and read up on the “rules” of GoW.

1 Like

Glad you figured it out! Dont worry there are probably a half dozen or more threads about frozen troops not giving extra turns. Keep posting your questions/concerns if you learn you can teach others. (this will come up again)

PS: my tip still applies, make a quick video when in doubt.

1 Like

Yeah as @Strat said, don’t worry about it. Frozen is the least intuitive of the abilities so you’re in good company. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d like to know what people who don’t grok frozen think it actually does, since they clearly don’t expect that. I was part of the initial pitchfork-bearing mob when the status was first announced, so I can’t answer my own question.

You will only miss extra turn if you match a color of a frozen troop.

Ex: gorghota in first postion is frozen, so any brown, yellow or skull match won’t give you extra turn. But if you match brown or yellow and then match another color 4x during cascade, you will get your extra turn

It’s little bit confusing when you start playing cause many people think any 4x gems won’t get extra turn but it’s not the case , only the color of the frozen troop are affected

2 Likes