4.7 Update (Patch Notes)

I’m with @Mithran if there is a problem with PvP matchmaking fix that so we are playing teams we are intended to play, don’t nerf PvP gold instead and still have us facing low level teams.

1 Like

First first time posting here I’ve never found it important before to have an account but clearly I need to use this for any feedback to be listened to. You nerfed PVP ranked and casual I understand why you would reduce the gold in casual I don’t understand how grinding 20 hours a week in ranked PVP is game exploit. in my mind you’ve pretty much ruined any reason to purchase anything in this game or even play at at this point I thoroughly enjoy playing ranked PVP and farming gold now I’m forced to play explorer mode how much grind using scorpion can I possibly do before I just find it dull.

12 Likes

At the beginning of the game, Gow was an energy-based game. To play PvP you had to pay gold, and in the early stages you had to wait to collect tribute to be able to play.

2 Likes

that’s #workingasintended for you

the previous gold amount was perhaps a bug that’s not according to their image of casual pvp

Writs seem like a nice addition (although they will dilute daily tasks a bit), but I’m already short on jewels :S
Will there be additional ways to earn jewels?

Also, between delves, kingdom levels 11-15 and epic tasks I think we have plenty of gold sinks now. People who still have excess gold will have so even if make every move cost 1B.

1 Like

Anyone getting a validation error on Steam?

An error occurred while updating Gems of War (corrupt content files):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Gems of War\GemsOfWar.exe

I came on here today with the intent to do a post about the things I like about this update. God knows I’ve ranted about not liking the epic task implementation’s negative impact on mid-tier guilds long enough. However, I try my best not the dwell on the negative especially if it can’t be changed.

However, I awake to find this ludicrous situation with yet another ninja nerf to resource gain. That is quite the early morning slap in the face. Quite, quite shocking. I’m not even sure why I’m shocked since this happened before with the ninja nerf to gems in LTs.

For me, I’m not upset about the actual payout change even though you guys just nerfed gold while simultaneously tripling the cost of reaching LTs. (And, please don’t come at me with the perceived increased value of ETs. We all know that the random chance of getting a mythic drop is the true power of LTs from a psychological standpoint. )

I’m extremely disappointed by how this PVP nerf to gold was handled. I know the devs know this community by now. A change like this should have had its own thread with a well written and thought out explanation of why such a major change needed to be made.

Above all else, they should not have insulted the playerbase by calling it an exploit. It surely shouldn’t have been added to the game without a single mention.

TLDR: The way this has been rolled out feels like a manipulation. It doesn’t feel good from a psychological point of view. I can’t kumbaya this :poop:.

:roll_eyes:

52 Likes

I find it hard to believe it’s called an exploit when it’s due to your matchmaking system. And why change it now when it’s been this way for years?

32 Likes

Will the Devs acknowledge that their data of gold earnings is based on the “exploitable” matchmaking system? Can they at least tell us whether they accounted for this earnings drop when designing the cost of the new tasks?

14 Likes

I can…
Or better yet this little girl can…
giphy (60)

4 Likes

From the patch notes of 3.1

I asked this question a few weeks ago, and I’ll ask it again:
When can we expect to have those “reduced” resources reinstated again now that gold has been nerfed every which way but sideways?

32 Likes

The pvp change is either ninja nerf or bad communication. Own it!

And since its not the 1st time or even 2nd time something has been “forgotten” from the patch notes, maybe it would be time to look for new people to do the job.

Funny thing is, its never the good changes that are “forgotten” from the patch notes.

8 Likes

Where are the new tasks to be seen? Do you have to do the guild tasks and the epic ones?

If your guild already reached LTs this week, the ETs were auto completed for you. So, you have those bonus stats for this week.

But we have not in the 2 guild yet why I ask yes.

Hmm… did you try scrolling to the side past the basic ones? They just added the scroll feature.

Make sure you’re updated to 4.7
You’ll see the version type under settings.

It was done this way (and force update by reset) so they can prove to 505 that the new nerf patch was a huge success as most guild will be looking to finish all ETs next week due to GWs. Thus most gold reserves will get depleted and with the new nerf pvp fix will be even more difficult getting gold without playing the new explore (so that will probably see some increased activity).
That way they will hit the KPI targets and earn their xmas bonuses from their devilish overlord.

What i’m sad about though is the direction of the game is taking.It respects less and less the time I invest in it. And for me, time (and what i do with it) is the most precious currency in life (given we are all in good health)

12 Likes

Im going to assume its wishful thinking and more likely to get a mythic from a gold key, than getting an increase in gold for beating a team thats +2000 points more than u…

1 Like

We’re up to 1 public edit, people who entered the pool. I don’t think this was an “edit” so much as it was filed under, “We did this, but don’t tell the players. If they notice, pretend it was supposed to be announced but we forgot.”

We’ll see if LT reward adjustments make it in. Keep going, there’s probably 3 or 4 other subtle nerfs you just haven’t found yet.

2 Likes