4.3 Update (Patch Notes)

Lol (10 characters (damn that’s still a thing)

This is exactly my theory too. It’d go over much better if they’d be honest, because if true it means we might not even see 4.3 come Friday. It’d be a lot better to set player expectations ahead of time instead of letting players get more and more disillusioned.

This is a game fueled by FOMO. An entire platform’s missing out.

1 Like

can we please reduce the text size beyond “small” for the new chat UI?
for me personally the new chat UI is not usable because you can only see 6 lines of chat at once, this makes things incredibly hard to follow if several people are talking. compared to the lite version where you can see ~3x(~21) lines of chat at once.

now i realize this may be different per platform/screen. i am playing on PC at 1920x1080

1 Like

To be fair…

I had a wait almost a month longer to get the patch so that it could be released on all platforms (except the Switch :thinking:) at the same time.
So if iOS and only iOS gets actually delayed that will truly be some new emoji :poop:

Honestly Imo this update serves no purpose.I am not here to make friends and could care less if you like me or not. Also the time between pvp now is a joke. I wanna play not keep hitting buttons to get past useless screens. Thanks

4 Likes

Make the level 100 delve portraits retroactive, or add a damn level select which should have been available from day 1, you’re punishing everyone who is stuck at 500.

3 Likes

Also, since Tina wasn’t fixed, can I get an option to un- update? Because 4.3 does nothing for me then. (I’ll update when I need to recruit and a working chat to do it with.)

It sucks. Yes.
But if you clear it at 500 you still unlock it.
Luckily, I was at 90 yesterday when 4.3 dropped for HoG.
Otherwise, I grinded (truly) through 4 Factions last night before I said F it for now. Lol

Done :smiley:
Make new ones now

6 Likes

I’d like to voice a complaint. When I cast my peasant now, he just drops his pitchfork and goes running away, screaming, “Those are DRAGONS you idiots! HIDE!!!”
No, really. It’s a thing.
I came here to say I like the update. Lagatha’s death is a blessing to recruiters. We need to be able to talk to each other. After all, this is a social game that we play as a guild. Just my two cents.

5 Likes

Why was Tribute Chance and Tribute Rewards nerfed in 4.3?
I couldn’t see any patch note about this.
Pre 4.3 Whitehelm gave me 38% and 71 Reward.
Post 4.3 Whitehelm gives me 32% and 65 Reward.
Kingdom level is the same as before, so what happened?

1 Like

@Hitomiml any chance you’ve recently changed guilds, cause your tribute chance/rewards drop is consistent with losing the statues bonuses

6% chance and 10% bonus to tributes from the statues

Whitehelm for me, at power level 14, gives 77 iirc.

He has power level 12 (I have the same pre numbers ladybug at Level 12 and am on iOS so haven’t updated yet)

I was looking at the reporting feature and I was wondering, how does one hack a single player game? Is there some sort of bug you can put in that makes your AI defenses cheat, or is that option just for all the hacks that use the generic thief class skeleton key combo?

Also wondering when those achievements are supposed to take place. My tracker’s still at 57 or 59, since I’m missing the 2500 rank one and the super luck based treasure search one.

It’s not a single player game. There are leaderboards and prizes based on your performance within the game. Communication happens between the client and the server. Generally stuff is done on the server, but the game is played on your end, “the client”.

So if, while playing the game, you run a program that sets your troops’ HP and Armor to 1000, you’re cheating. It’s easier for you to win. And the server might not notice, it’s possible at the end the game just sends “I won” or “I lost” to the server.

A more sophisticated player might note that and just write a program that tells the server it’s playing a game, waits a little while, then sends “I won.”

(That actually won’t work. The “I won” or “I lost” message in GoW sends a little bit more information, probably including the moves made and your final stats. So if you are trying to cheat this way, odds are you’ll get caught.)

Here’s a more relevant example.

There’s a bug with factions in 4.2.5 that let you face a faction team instead of the correct team in PvP. Why would you do this? Well, it lets you face a really easy level 20 faction event team instead of the 3-trophy team. You get the trophies and PvP points as if you fought the PvP team, but you get a much easier win.

So some people were doing that. And they had incredibly good win streaks in PvP. That put them at the top of the leaderboard, with way more points than anyone else could have. But it turns out the people who play the PvP leaderboard have a really good idea of what a “normal” record looks like. So they cried foul. It took a few days, but the devs agreed there was an exploit going on and “took care of it”.

They never tell us what they do, but apparently in this case it meant “take away their PvP record and ask them not to do it again.” They did it again, and were on top of the leaderboard again within 24 hours. Then the devs “took care of it” again.

That’s what this button is for. Sometimes it’s really obvious someone’s doing something wrong.

If i’m wrong or gave arena before 4.3 more than 40-60g per fight?

Check your rewards properly guys. I didn’t receive my 2 orbs from raid rewards only 1. Devs will probably claim it’s just visual issue as always. :roll_eyes:

1 Like