4.3 Update (Patch Notes)

Wasn’t Cedric also supposed to be fixed in latest patch? His spell is buggy the way it moves the enemy troops.

That’s still listed on known issues when I last looked. If it was supposed to be fixed they’ve at least properly moved its status back to “not fixed”.

Text box for Druid and similar troops still says 1 damage instead of light splash damage. Should probably fix those at a point :wink:

But that’s specifically what patch notes are for! Longer, more detailed patch notes are always better than briefer notes that don’t list all changes. If someone doesn’t care about every little big fix, then they’ll just skim or skip the bug fixes section of the patch notes, but anyone who wants to know should be able to see them!

One of the absolute worst things to come out of modern mobile game culture is this idea that “Bug fixes and performance improvements” or “Every two weeks we update the app” are complete patch notes, when in reality they’re the sign of a producer being really bad at their job and/or a production pipeline that needs to be overhauled to include line-items-as-you-go with each check-in. GoW is at least better than that since their patch notes actually, ya know, exist, so keep it up and make them even better!

6 Likes

I feel like these possibly should give us the realistic stats at first glance. Up to you devs, its your income getting thwacked by that misconception there.

(The question-mark button in the top-right corner of the pop-up does show the troop card itself - mine is acquired and leveled so I don’t know what it shows if you don’t have it, probably lvl1 + kingdom/etc stats?)

1 Like

Is this being addressed?

1 Like

This is also happening on iOS.

Edit: what on earth. I left the PVP menu to post this, came back, and saw the notifications that were missing. So it looks like they only disappear sometimes.

1 Like

Come to think of it, I (on PC) don’t seem to remember fighting any indicated revenge battle for the last few days but I did get awards for defending my kingdom.
Something must’ve gone wrong here or somebody has purposefully removed red revenge indicator and doesn’t care to tell us.

1 Like

Does the “Content Callout” for the new mythic need to appear before the mythic is actually in the chests? I signed on after the reset and saw it in the events section, I wasted an amount of resources a tryhard would call a lot, still got no mythic and then later on that night the “Content Callout” for the mythic appeared.

It would be pretty upsetting if the mythic wasn’t actually in the chests until that notice appeared and I just wasted an incredible amount of resources.

No. The new mythic is in chests right after reset. I got the notice after i had obtained the mythic

1 Like

There is some sort of hiccup. This is how it looks like initially:

And this is how it looks after exiting and re-entering PvP screen:

So there is some sort of bug at work here. Nobody is toying with us on purpose.

11 Likes

Sadly no, still showing 32% and 65 reward. :confused:

(From our DM) you definitely called the back to being outside of the top 100 moving forward. Who knew it would be the game that made it that way. And not real life.
30-40 PvP points while others get 70 for the exact same match. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s like a telephone company. The more time you take and the more hours you have spent the worse they treat you. Totally unfair that we have to play double to get closer to the 10k position

2 Likes

There are display bugs on tributes too. Whitehelm 14 stars showing 35% - should be 41%. Moved out, then back in and now showing 41%…

1 Like

Since we have an ‘honor’ system that will likely very rarely be used in PVP and is pretty pointless to use in general, how about on the post-fight PVP screen we had a simply :+1: / :-1:. Each player would have an invisible tally, each :+1: is +1, each :-1: is -1, and each day the current tally is cut in half (this is to facilitate a score returning to 0 over time). The chances that the player is selected in PVP for combat is affected by their current tally.

For example, Bob builds an interesting team, not something meta. People that face it like the newness so give it :+1:, so it is more likely to show up as a choice for people, Bob gets more fights and more rewards for defending, so Bob gets rewarded for building a fun team.

Jim builds an easy team that gives event stones, same thing happens.

Scott decides to build a looping rope dart team that randomly never lets you make a second move. People give it a :-1:, Scott’s tally goes real negative, and he stops showing up as available opponents.

Randy builds a team of 4 Bombs. Some give it :+1: for being easy, others :-1: for being boring, it balances out and shows up at normal frequency.

Since one of the major complaints about PVP is the diversity (and by extension seeing the same random loopers constantly), this would give the player base a slight way to curate what is seen. If it gets to be abused, have the tally make a smaller influence and/or have the tally decay more quickly.

18 Likes

I like your idea. Especially if it means more variety in matches

What Deathmarks??? Is being Stunned a Deathmark now?

Just got it again with a different opposing team. And another. Okay so the common factor might be Queen of Sin on my team …?

3 Likes

First overall impressions:
Chat update - probably good for people who use chat, but for me personally - meh, not something that impacts me;
Emojis (I hate those things and never ever use one!) - look above;
Portraits - look above…and, just for the principle, it would’ve been nicer to see them introduced correctly like, for example, X & Z related portraits being available right away instead of requiring additional fixing and delve related portraits being available at all…seems like something that wasn’t checked and done properly;
Gnome and Valraven animations at the start of the battle - for me personally…meh, it was fine without any, but some people might like it;
MVP page - what in the name of is that? What’s the logic and reasoning behind this “feature”? Right now it looks like a complete nonsense to me, especially with things like “survived x deathmarks” when there was not even a single on in play;
Honor system - not quite sure how I feel about this;
Team power calculation rework - sometimes it ends up giving me a lot more gold than I’ve seen in a long time, but, I think, too soon to be certain how it stacks and what to feel about it;
Troop balance changes are overall nice, but I agree with the sentiment above that Tina issue was handled poorly. I could buy it being harder that initially expected and requiring more work to fix, but to reduce the issue that caused so much commotion to just an insignificant footnote not even worthy of mention…that logic does not stick right with me.

8 Likes

Yeah, I think I’ve had it from Frozen(/Entangle?), instead of Death Mark:

It could just be ‘recovering from any status effect’ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :man_shrugging:.