4.3 Update (Patch Notes)

Please spend this week testing potions, at least a little.

It’d be really disappointing to try them out next week and find yet another feature that requires a very fast dev apology and fix. It’d be really great for just one thing to work. One thing. It makes you and, worse, the beta testers look very, very bad, even though I’m sure if we had the whole context it’d make sense. I at least know why the beta testers aren’t to blame, not everyone else does unless they’ve been paying really close attention to the forums.

You have a whole week to see this coming. Use your time! Make yourself and your associates look great! It feels really good to release something that works.

1 Like

Devs are looking into it. Any expense on excess glory will be compensated accordingly.

Probably one of the worst updates in a while.

Working chat is good but the emojis are dumb, portraits are too limited for now and with them all being troops or kingdom shields it’s hard to tell people apart with them, Titles are too limited and are all pretty poor. And of course I have to redo all my 100+ delves just to unlock the portrait.

Honor system could have been a great way to improve PvP but was very poorly implemented and most people just honor their guildmates making this useless.

MVP screen is a waste of time and of course bugged. I keep getting the survived a deathmark even when nothing on the enemy team can even apply a deathmark.

Tribute screen is cool I have no issues with that.

Potions aren’t usable yet so no opinion on that.

Banner filter is good.

Screenshot mode is a waste of time. I can do that with the f12 button and I still do even with the option of the screenshot button on the screen.

Balance changes won’t change anything.

Buying multiple glory packs is one of the best things from this update but of course wasn’t properly tested so is bugged and the people that only want to get the troop to mythic get screwed because we have spend 4400 glory more just to get the troop to mythic.

Rest of the general changes and bug fixes are OK.

3 Likes

@Smash—is that my screenshot? It was not revenge, but have on death knight armor and had several battles like that. (???). Thought it was just cause the opponents’ are +2100–+2400? :slight_smile:

Yeap it was.

I share your opinion about this update.

Banner filter is a good addition.
Quantity option is a good addition, but it was bugged!
Emojis, I feel that they are out of place, with very limited and basic functionality, and aren’t necessary. A poor choice! I don’t know who came up with it. I just disable the chat altogether.
Honor is pointless. That feature is a waste of time. 99% of players will just exchange Honor with their Guildmates. There’s no point to any of this. You could have used your time and resources way better.
MPV screen is indeed bugged. I am getting Death-marks when there should not be any at all.

I can only hope that the next update will fix existing older and current issues, while implementing Improved Soulforge, and most importantly, Event Weapons that I missed in the past.
Same goes for my suggestion about the Weekly Challenge.

The rest is okay.

I really wish we got full patch notes. I just wasted Support’s time with a ticket because I didn’t realise there was a change in 4.3. @Kafka please note and sorry for wasting your time!

It used to be the case that upon opening the rescue from the Games menu, it would load the number of pets you have on the far-right tab (“pet bonus” perhaps, can’t remember exact name), and these would not be displayed dynamically; i.e. when you opened the pet rescue game it would record your number of pets and then not change when you collected more. Now, it seems to update dynamically based on your current number of pets. It would be so useful if stuff like this was included in patch notes.

So before, the order would be:

• Rescue triggered;
  • Open rescue screen;
  • Pet tab shows you need 4 for the next ascension;
  • Play battles;
  • Collect rewards - receive 3 copies;
  • Pet tab still shows you need 4 for ascension even though you just got 3 copies so actually you only need 1 more.

In 4.3, that last step would be different as the tab would automatically update to show that you only need 1 for ascension. I was so used to the old way that I assumed that having collected 3 I would be able to ascend because the Pet Bonus tab displayed that I only needed 1 for ascension.

3 Likes

All the portraits for doing delve clears at lvl100 just retroactively unlocked on log-in. (Except the one I got earlier this week…)

And I hear not a word from the devs. Did you flip a switch (not that Switch) or did you even realize?

6 Likes

yup i got minethanks @Alpheon

2 Likes

@Kafka told global last night this was going to happen.
So if you were one of the 10 in chat, then you found out. :person_shrugging:

Hey everyone! We realise it was a bit frustrating having to reach Delve level 100 to unlock those Faction Portraits again, so if you have previously reached level 100 in a Delve please restart/force quit and reopen the game and the Portraits should retroactively unlock for you :heart_eyes: Thanks to @Alpheon for that :ok_hand:

Should be fixed in 4.3.5. Happy days.

5 Likes

fyi, didn’t even have to quit/reopen. I finished the battle I was in, went to main world view, and Bazinga got the little notifications :slight_smile:

FINALLY!

And just for @Slypenslyde who wonders about beta :smiley:

3 Likes

Man I don’t want to get back on that badfeels wagon but dang :frowning:

If I have a troop that reduces skull damage by 50% and I activate the potion that reduces it by 25%. Will skull damage be reduced by 75% for that troop?
If not. Why not?

The bonuses apply separately, and multiplicatively, not additively.

Thus total damage dealt is (1 - 0.50) x (1 - 0.25) = 0.5 x 0.75 = 0.375.

Troops with Stoneskin will reduce damage from Skulls by 62.5%.

5 Likes

Have people had trouble with chat in 4.3? I can’t figure out how to get guild chat to appear. I get notifications that someone posted, but nothing shows up in the window. This happens whether I am connected or not to global chat.

Request: please allow the word “scrape” and its derivatives in chat. It seems the last four letters trigger the censor.

Seriously? The old Scunthorpe problem still happens…?!

Essence of Evil removes blessed from the first troop and then can or will Transform the troop to a toad. Is that working as intended? @Cyrup or @Kafka.

1 Like