4.2 Patch Notes

I think there is a thread over here for that!

1 Like

Cyrup requested my feedback. I provided it. Claiming it as a call out surely doesn’t help. I don’t blame the beta testers… They’re free Iabor. I blame QA and the development. Own that blame. Don’t just say "hey mistakes happen… Whoops :person_shrugging:. Or at the very least… If you aren’t going to own it. Apologize for it. Which you didn’t. And yeah I’m well aware that mistakes happen in life. Compared to ACTUAL life. None of this matters. But for you, and the other devs, not a single bug or mistake should be dismissed as “minor”. I get there needs to be a priority to bug fixes and some things fly and some things don’t. But before you get more reactionary and try to defend the staffs/tester mistake. Realize the context… You pushed out a QoL update… That in one “minor” way lessened the QoL. Levels are important… More important than pet names. Spend a weekend trying to recruit for players cause weekly so many quit the game. Not playing the game… recruiting. Cause players who are guildless or are dead guilds tend to enjoy the game a lot less. We already have to deal with a bugged chat. That I at least, understand that it takes a long time to fix and it’s not an easy solution. I have tolerance for that. What I don’t have tolerance for is… Something as easy as seeing a level… So many eyes… Yet none saw until it was too late. That tells me that those eyes don’t care enough. Don’t use words to tell us how much you care. Use your actions by releasing one patch that doesn’t cause bugs (visual ones are actually minor). If that’s too much to ask from a developer then I guess we live in 2 different worlds.
Maybe it really is as minor as you say. Maybe my attitude is due two years of bugs happening in every patch. Maybe as long as players keep coming in… retention isn’t a big deal to the devs. Lastly…

Maybe I didn’t “see it”… But I didn’t see any such plan.

1 Like

Took me 12 keys to get new gnome, happy with that. Not at all happy with the 4 Cedrics I got though! :rage: Thanks Devs for his super buffed droprate to artificially inflate the “gem value” of vault keys. :roll_eyes:

I’m sorry, I thought you were referring to the guild recruitment feedback covered in your original post and had specific suggestions relating to the Guilds theme of our update - as opposed to our development process. I think we misunderstood each other. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The issue with player levels not appearing on their profile has already been fixed for 4.3. :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a temporary workaround to the lack of hero level information available at recruitment time, I’ve created a site that you can use to look up a hero.

http://gowdb.com/heroes

Put the invite code in there and you’ll see the hero avatar and level of the player. I could add more interesting things in here too (as long as it’s generally-agreed upon to be public information), but for now this should help guild leaders who are left wondering about new recruits.

Hope this helps,
Lyya

Created a new topic for this: GoWDB: Public Hero Profile

22 Likes

I appreciate all of this. But basically we will have to just ask in chat what level they are. Hope that chat is working for them. And then kick them if they lied about their level.

Invite codes aren’t easy to get…I wish they were … I’ve suggested frequently that invite codes are available in profiles.
Maybe I’ll be able to see Levels and codes in 4.3 :grinning:

Okay, I have a bone to pick. Just got an alert about tribute… while I actually have GoW running. I’m in a delve.

That seems like the sort of thing I should either not get from the alerts, or get from the game.

Turn it off then under settings.
It’s helpful so that you collect the tribute as soon as you can.

Yeah, sorry :frowning: As far as I can tell there’s no name-to-invite-code search function on the GoW server, so I can’t help you there.

1 Like

No no, I mean… I turned them on, on purpose. I want them on! Lol. But I don’t think it should trigger browser alerts while the game itself is running.

1 Like

Tried this with the only invite code I have access to (my own) and it did not work. I was not found. Tried both uppercase and lowercase. Code is my original hero name (first name, space, last name, underscore, 4 digits).

Hm, do you have a linked account with GoWDB, or does it not work for you? I can’t find you at all (in my DB or in the game API).

If you could PM me a link to your profile, I can investigate further; or hop in chat channel 010 and speak and I can try to look you up from there.

Fixed. The original link was only for PC/mobile. Lyya has added links for xbox & PS4 players.

1 Like

How many times do I have to select no thanks on this stupid alert thing?

7 Likes

grafik

I like the bleeding art. Is it possible to do that for armor, life and attack too? So put the number on the heart, the shield, the swords and give those a different background colour?

1 Like

TL;DR = wouldn’t fit.

Wouldn’t work for attack since the crossed-swords isn’t a particularly solid object, and bleeding is probably designed more around being a single-digit number. Don’t know what it looks like with two-digits yet. Whereas the other stats have to be able to display two or three numbers on a regular basis.

I’m very disappointed that only explosion affixes are fixed. That’s not the only ones of bad affixes. We waited almost half a year before Devs finally looked into the issue with affixes and they fixed only part of it. Yes, the most glaring and annoying part, but it is only a part of an issue. How long we should wait before other bad affixes will be fixed? Year? Two? I’m afraid that it never be fixed. :anguished:

5 Likes

It should be easier to fix other affixes now that there is precedent. I have hopes for 4.3, but obviously we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m afraid that they just moved internal task “Fix weapon affixes” to “Done” state and do not realizes that the current fix is not enough.