4.0 Patch Notes

Salty’s explanation from above.

3 Likes

So Hall of Guardians has the same shield than Guardians but it’s linked to Whitehelm? :thinking:
But why?

1 Like

Are mythic ingots the best loot one can get from delve chests? Just got 8 from level 7 chest. Luckboxed chest upgrades on almost every match. Or are there orbs, gems or something better in delve chest levels 8-12?

Mythic ingots as the top level price for playing delves every day for months now on seems a bit meh. Well, better than nothing.

Hopeful optimism, especially how a few lesser troops got buffed so perhaps more changes may come by 4.1 or 4.2

Waiting for buffs for over 300 underperforming troops for almost 2 years now, hopeful optimism is something i don’t have anymore when it comes to troops that have fallen behind, especially considering that of the handful of troops that got buffed this patch 2 troops got net nerfed if you take the explode nerf in account with Worldbreaker being hit the hardest.

2 Likes

The way I look at it, some troops fit niches and some are just generally good. While exploders like obsidian golem or corrupted urska are slightly worse for mana, I don’t think that was their point as they do a team buff, high damage to specific troops, etc. Not every troop will be good, but most have some use to an extent if used at the right time in the right way.

This may be the mtg player in me, but I’ve seen cards worth nothing based on supply and demand to the community, but in some game modes like commander be game winners. It’s more how you use it compared to what it does.

1 Like

Are you playing single exploders a lot and talk from experience?
'Cause i enjoy some single exploder troop games every now and then and my favorite hero weapons tend to be of that kind too(or those with gem explode perks on them that work well with the weapons spell or team) and i very much think mana efficiency is absolutely one of the very important aspects of those troops since their spells tend to be of little overall power.

As for specific spells being suited for specific game modes, i’d agree if in GoW we didn’t miss game modes with certain really different objectives to actually make use of these theoretical advantages of the vast majority of those troops and where they simply get outperformed in spectecular ways by the raw powerful troops the game has.

1 Like

I didn’t see it in the patch notes explicitly-- will factions pets count as kingdom pets the same way troops do (thus fulfilling requirements for 9 stars, for example).

2 Likes

For a little off-topic: I simply HATE when a good card have poor art and a bad card have great art.
image Bad card with great art.
(Some details are hard to spot due the low resolution, and the art is quite old without better versions available on-line. But it’s Ron Spencer, that’s all anyone needs to know.)

4 Likes

As far as single exploders, I’ve used them for daily tasks and some game modes when they are needed. I never use them for mana generation though. Coral golem to me is a team submerger and tanky troop to use against aoe teams. Obsidian is a good construct destroyer. Lava elemental can do decent damage and pyromania makes him useful for skull matches while having stoneskin. Compared to gorg, ragna, or herdmaster, I don’t believe they were meant to make mana, but to tank or deal with troublesome frontline troops.

2 Likes

Well, you are using the term “decent” quite loosely. Yes they are good starter troops (as many UR with their traitsets tend to be) sure but compared to troops that are universally considered really good right now their spells fall off drastically in terms of damage/mana or utility. And that is why they need that generated mana to increase their efficiency. It’s not about making mana it is about offsetting their bad damage/mana ratio enough to make them manaefficient.
Anyways this goes in circles, fact is single exploders were already objectively weak in endgame terms, and that nerf hits them hard.
And honestly i don’t think this nerf will have the desired effect on the actual offenders everone seems to be crying about like Gobbos Infernus and co. people are probably going to be dissapointed still seeing these troops overperform against them, so there’s that…

60% would be fine with explosion, also we must remember that there is lowbee troops that got affected in this update, even weapons, that explode one or a few gems only. All of them got a much not needed nerf. At 60% it would’t look so bad.

2 Likes

Congrats, that must have been pure luck, I have not seen any Ingots today. Got 4 mythic yesterday tho.

They can. They can also be very underwhelming. But great when we get lucky! :wink:

1 Like

I agree as why use coral when I have undine? Why use corrupted urska when I have doomclaw? The devs do try to balance at all lifecycles of players from newer to endgame. We could make them explode 5 gems and everyone would still use infernus or dragon soul. I don’t think any of them as bad ultra rares, I just don’t need them as I have way more options. Decent may be loosely discussing them, but devs are probably better at balancing early game compared to late game.

If they are mana efficient like herdmaster, then fine, but if they do potentially good damage or apply buffs then it gets tricky. Given how high some ultra rares are on the power curve, I’d worry more about naking more mythics or legendaries mana efficient first.

1 Like

i found 1st soul gnome in pvp and rewards is 5000 souls.

1 Like

Got one that gave 2500 souls. Great gnomes for newer players. Endgame players too, mostly because of the vault key chance.

2 Likes

Is the Legendary Fraction troops in the Legendary Task drop pool?

If the team has even one Faction troop, Renown Bonuses appear:

Y9g8k406

Does it give something? If not, what’s the point of it at all?

You get troops from portals after delves, and if you use those troops in delves you get renown bonuses.