3.4 Feedback and suggestions

I FOUND A MOST HORRIBLE ISSUE!
My enemy now has a bunny on her shoulder! I CANNOT POSSIBLY ATTACK A BUNNY! :scream:
The game is unplayable now, please fix immediately. (:wink:)

20 Likes

We should find a solution for international guilds.

We are Europeans and Americans in our guild, how to participate at the same time to save the pet ?!? Impossible…

EDIT : 2 suggestions :

1. Have a notification when a guild member catches a pet gnomes.

2. Have a notification when our tribe is ready to be picked up (optional).

3 Likes

Thank you devs for improving on consoles the navigation in inventory so now I can go directly to the last item of a list by just pressing “up”. That was much needed with some inventory that are very long like the hero inventory. :+1: Now could you offer same option for our team slots too? with over 30 team slots, beeing able to go directly to the last team slot with just “up” button would be nice too.
Thank you also for adding in troop filter the “x” button to just reinitialize one filter and not all like before.

5 Likes

Gargantaur is pretty nasty now. +8 magic and attack on any damage? Not only is he viable now, he will have to be watched.

One of my go to troop has been buffed (King Michael). Thanks!

Doomskull:
They just make already « cheating » explosing Loop team like Goblins even worst. Lower to 5% spawn please.

So my guild got a second pet event. “Oh, it’s Stryx enemies!” I thought. “That will be easier!”
Ha. Ha. Ha.
Battle 8:

Yeah, that’s two Heronath, a Peryton and Garuda (who hits for 55 on all with his first cast). I needed a LOT of tries and only very narrowly won when I finally did.
90% of the battles I lost, I lost to doomskulls. Given the attack these guys have, the fact that the exploding skulls give them Mana and that the Heronaths give so much armor than even Infernus barely makes a dent, it’s really nothing but horrible. :confused: I won when Highforge summoned Lord Ironbeard, by the way, and Ironbeard took Garuda down with three shots, which made things more bearable. I still only had Infernus and Ironbeard left over at the end, both more dead than alive.

Yup, I fought a 2x Heronath team last night after the patch went live. That was insane. Once I got the first Heronath down the rest of the team fell relatively fast but the AI’s luck mixed with dual buffers was ludicrous.

On the positive side, at least it appears that spending piles of Gems is not going to be necessary for pet rescues unless you want to power level your pet.

Kraken
Alchemist
Hellcat
Kraken

Not only useful against NyxBringer teams. Also handy when pets need rescuing!

I woke up really bitter and angry because:

• I played 50+ PvP matches and didn’t encounter a pet gnome last night.
  • I lost a raid sigil while the beta test-- players were still diagnosing the loading issue.
  • So I went to bed a little grouchy.
  • While I was asleep, lots of friends got pets.
  • Even though I’d done all the steps, I lost a raid sigil this morning, too.

Now I have to:

• Confirm, “Do you want to delete Gems of War?”
  • Decide to reinstall it.
  • Spend 20 minutes manually fiddling with the Troops menu and hope that’s good enough.

You. Have. Beta. Testers. Unless it’s just supposed to be a public Good Old Boys club, maybe you should use them.

1 Like

Also feedback:

Players don’t routinely full restore their devices or clear their asset caches.

Keep at least one test device around that is dirty and doesn’t get treated well. That test device more adequately represents what we’re using.

If you’re short on test devices, there’s a group of people with a fancy logo on their name that might be able to help.

Also: I’ve played other games that had a handy “delete cache” button. In a game that relies on gambling fallacies, it’s very dangerous to encourage a player to push “delete”.

1 Like

Giving a countdown when game isn’t perfect was a bad idea, I wasted my time while reinstalling and searching for my password and missed pet event. And now it says I have to wait for 18 hours to try again??!

I actually just had another pet event trigger - different pet, same enemies, so I had to do that battle again. I won on the first try; got some lucky doomskulls falling from the sky and Infernus aimed at the first Heronath twice. Once she went down, it indeed went smoother. It does need luck (for an endgame player. For even a midgame player, it takes a miracle).
I feel like the doomskulls really made everything even more RNG-based and less skill-needed.

1 Like

Nice touch I appreciate:

When I have to restart the game due to being out of sync (because I’m trying to get all my devices updated), there’s an actual “restart game” button now instead of the game just sitting there waiting for me to force quit it.

1 Like

Pets? I had no idea there were pet rescues at all. After reading these posts, yeah, console users like myself get the shaft as usual. Big duh there. Then again, it’s another event/ mode meant for the end gamers to enjoy. So like who cares about players like us. Another duh; big duh. Hey, how about using that flavor for the next troop! lmao

1 Like

I thought we will get more resources with calendar and pet bonus. But reality is that we get less:

• Daily income bonus replaced by seals. So far less gold for lower and mid players. And their guilds.
  • Daily seal income reduced. This will reduce the bonus above.
  • Pets are impossible and so rare that they are for top 0.0001% only.

At least we got some other resources like gems and souls from calendar. But you make the game more difficult for new players again. It is already impossible to begin playing without a guild. Now you removed a lot of gold that beginner need very much.

<irony< Developers wants us to play only with people from same area. Damn nazis !!!111</irony< The 1 hour limit is just bullshit from the point of a player who plays only once per week (with daily login). Even if I can not win the fight…

1 Like

On this same theme, I would like to see a few more things added to the game:

1. Let us re-order our Teams. It’s annoying that if I want to “move” a team, I have to delete another team slot of a previous team and remake that first team in that slot. It’s clunky and way more complicated than it should be. Just let me “Drag and Drop” my Team slots in the order I want them.

2. Now, that you added the Spell filter back that you took away when you gave us the new UI, I would like to see the Trait filter make a proper return. If I want to search for, say, all troops with Magic Link, I would much rather select it from a list than type it in. As a Console player, who doesn’t use a chat pad or keyboard, typing is a much less convenient method. Especially, for something like a quick troop search.

3. I want a way to search for a single color troop. For example, if I click “Purple” and “All Colors” I want to only see troops like Skeleton and Sacrifice (that are one solid color), not every Purple troop in the game. If you can’t do that with the current options, and you have to add something like “This Color Only” that I need to click on, in order to achieve this, Thats fine. But it should be a feature.

2 Likes

As to 3. You select from ANY COLOR which is all green and green/x. Or ALL COLOR… which should be just green…
Piss poor wording. Should be something like ALL and then EXCLUSIVELY. Or ONLY.

2 Likes

Let us get our rewards after the event has ended!!! Nothing like racing to try and finish the last battle and getting the Event Over button only to realize that you have lost out on all of the rewards from the earlier fights.

4 Likes

Exactly, man.

I only know this because I created a suggestion thread a few days ago on it. Neither of what’s listed makes you think ONLY X COLOR.

1 Like

The silly Manticub got itself captured again so that for the third time today I had to fight that horrid eigth battle against the Stryx. Not that the battles before that are much kinder.

You know something in the game changed drastically when you sit in front of the game for over one third of your battles, glance at Highforge and chant “Please summon Stonehammer”.
If there is anything I learned in GoW it’s that Stonehammer sucks.
Now he is all I need.
What.
buuun

3 Likes