3.2 Feedback and Suggestions

Wow. Can we please have the change to stay in explore?

I just can’t believe such a dramatic change that most players never asked for was implemented but…

One of the most requested change was totally ignored.

Good job!

7 Likes

PS4. Why does the Chests GUI Icon have a Red attention badge when the count is 0?

This screen PC

Don’t work on Pc

and Phone (Android 5.1.1)

Dont work game

I understand the idea for the color of attack and life… but a green heart…

what about ? test

5 Likes

I’ll just throw my voice into the choir as well. Give us the option of the New or the Old UI. I personally Can’t stand the new UI especially the most important screen in the game which is the “match / Battle” screen. I tried i gave it a solid 4 hours and all it gave me was a headache and the desire to play anything else. (almost every other point I was going to post about would be fixed by allowing us to use the old UI so I’ll just leave it at that - I’m sure others will go into more detail as some above already have).

Was Tribute gold subjected to a “Nerf” if it was please re-consider we are already getting hit with so many gold reductions from the last few updates since the 4x I don’t believe anyone needs tributes getting this treatment as well (and I believe it was after the 4 hours I played I received less gold in tribute than at any other time I can remember since hitting 29 kingdoms at 5 stars).

Looking forward to some changes and hopefully quickly I’ll be moving my playtime largely to something else until it does

Regards
Calvin

17 Likes

This is purely a visual bug with the tribute screen, you’re still getting credited with the correct gold amounts.

1 Like

Thanks Oz I really should have paid more attention to the known issues I guess. My bad. Thanks for the response.

Actually that is sound… Look at the guardians… Red is for attack and green is for life, etc.

1 Like

yep i know why they choose this color… but a green heart … prettier if it was red no?
I think that it is not necessary to make the link of the colors here, if one improves the visual aspect

I so far like most of what I see, I especially liked the new chest opening mechanic, I actually didn’t skip it which I usually do. Everyone else seems to dislike everything about it, but I like it.

The only thing I would change is, I agree to adding a background during match behind gems/troops

1 Like

I do not like the new UI at all. The aesthetic appeal of the game and vital information are both lost in the new ui, and these are probably the two most important visual features in a CCG.

EDIT: Actually, I just thought of a question. What is the new UI supposed to achieve? The visual update I mean, new functionality is nice, I’d love more of that, but specifically updating established visuals to a radically different style.

Thought this might be an interesting comparison.

26 Likes

I thought people were exaggerating, but the new UI truly is nasty.

• The home map screen is the worst offender of all. The black gradient boxes behind the upper and lower buttons take up a huge chunk of the screen. IT would probably be best if they simply never existed.
  • The new font is presented poorly. Screens like the troops menu, PVP pre-fight screen and the battle screen are a real eyesore with the new font. You just can’t get away with using a plain white font on multicoloured backgrounds like this. It’s afwul to look at, and reduces visibility. At a bare minimum, there needs to be a dark border added around the white text to improve readability. Ever noticed why all the internet image macros use a black border on white text? Visibility.
  • I don’t like how the magic number is now more visible than the mana number (which for some reason disappears once the troop is full). Mana drain is an important mechanic in this game, and it’s going to be difficult to target your use of it appropriately when you can’t see the total enemy mana pool at a glance.
  • The play board background is too transparent. It distracts too much when trying to search the board for moves.
  • The kingdom preview menu only works when there are 4 options. As soon as you push that 5th one off the screen and force the user to scroll (e.g. Blighted lands), it loses visibility. I’m really bothered by how much this could potentially bury important mechanics like the soulforge or treasure hunt to newer players
28 Likes

Just discovered another unreadable thing: How many kingdoms give tribute, when Stormheim is your home kingdom. Then you get yellow print on a yellow background, and it is absolutely unreadable.

6 Likes

Ok, the game’s look is not pleasing or consistent. It looks like LOTR and War Games had an ugly baby. That being said, it is now unplayable. I got a headache after 2 matches. The stats on the cards are unreadable. The border, signifying things like mythic are no longer there. The background is a mess, and causes eye strain. The game chat box is awful, the text hard to read. Please, roll back this awful update. Listen to what we have said, and fix important things like looping or META, but leave the rest alone. Thank you.

18 Likes

Okay, I’m trying to find the best words to describe this update without being… just down right mean. The UI is smashed, busy, and the graphics seem to be a huge downgrade. It isn’t enchanting anymore at all, which was a very pleasing aspect to the game. The text and troop card changes are so unreadable it is beyond ridiculous. Within 5 minutes of the update, I had a migraine because of how the interface looks. When you go into battle you can’t see any of your troops stats it is like it blends right in. Over all Most feel it needs to be rolled back to the old UI. This new one is killing our eyes, and very… busy. It looks like a game that has been cross bred between a windows 95 game and a more up to date game. The UI is very unappealing.

Edit to add. Why does the chat button move? How can you even try to get used to something when you don’t know where the button will show up next? It is really annoying.

Also why do the traits look like my 5 year old got a hold of the crayons and marked through them?

Another problem, running flux (blue light prohibit-or) makes the eye strain much worse, that is horrible because flux is designed to reduce eye strain and take the blue light waves out. Even running it turned all the way down to the lowest setting it can go, which is 1900k it still looks too bright and still too hard to read. Attempting to put my guild wars in and everything is so distracting I find it difficult to even begin to focus what is going on.

19 Likes
  • Too much white space on large TVs. People with 45-60 inch will have a bad experience
  • colors are too bright and blend into one another on HDR TVs
  • Missing filter clearing option when trying to reset the troop filter.
1 Like
  • More Troops in “Troops menu” and less useless space (PC). Where is space really needed - between troops.
  • Old kingdom stars pls, new ones small and ugly

In General. Now it’s more like mobile design. On PC - Terrible.

P.S. Can you make Old/new design switch?
P.P.S New design - mix of terrible and awesome things.

10 Likes

In the collect-screen at the end of a battle I have to scroll to the left to see how much gold I got.
Please arrange it so you can see everything without scrolling or position at least at the front not the back.

Second thing… I need to press the Skip-button for the animation. Please make a Setting about it so I can set Skip as default (simple checkbox)

12 Likes

Its hard to read the health, it blends in some places. I don’t like the new update at all. The chat’s also really hard on the eyes.

5 Likes

Please add more team slots to compensate for setting 6 GW defenses. I can’t spare 12 slots specifically for a mode that contains only 30 battles.

15 Likes