3.2.5 Feedback and suggestions

Just tested things for a bit:

Good stuff:

• The new button color is MUCH nicer, as is the effect when pressing it.
  • Glad the sidescrolling when opening chests is gone!
  • I’m okay with the rest of the layout. The text seems a bit smaller, but still readable. I’m doing sorta okay with this while being heavily visually disabled, so it should be fine for most people. Not sure about mobile devices, though.
  • Very happy about stars being back! I can actually see them - not very well, but way better than before! Some more color would be nice.
  • Glad the shop images show more of what’s in each pack without having to click on it.

Not-so-good stuff:

• Gold Key chests not being the first/one of the big buttons is weirdly unintuitive. The chests opened the most should be first or/and the big buttons.
  • 50% increase for 28 days for 20 bucks is a joke. It was okay for 100% increase, but not for that price.
  • I don’t understand how the second bundle (Dragon Soul) is selected, as it has little to do with the current events. It’s not a Stryx, it’s not a knight. How is it being selected? It’s unclear and with that unpredictable right now.
  • The banner selection is really bad with the sidescrolling.
  • I’m glad I know what gets unlocked with what seal level in guild tabs because I sure can’t say, being colorblind and all, with simple little boxes.
  • In the legendary tasks menu, the “all tasks completed” in the upper right window is…unreadable. The grey is WAY too faint.
  • The worldmap kingdom names are the only place where the text is hard to read (it’s very thin).
  • As I had expected, traits are basically invisible for me in battle now. I won’t go into detail here, I posted a BIG post on colorblindness in the appropriate thread about it.
  • The mini VIP pack is one per player now? Odd…
  • As expected, everything got way more goth than before. I miss troop images being displayed in the chest menu the most, I liked looking at them. Glad they’re still there in the kingdom menu!
  • Explore is missing the explanatory question mark what stones can be found there. Bad for newbies.
  • I can’t see the status effects anymore. Especially frozen. I know a troop is frozen but can’t see it. Which is, together with the already poorly-readable numbers, not very nice.
  • Board is still semi-transparent…
  • The level sometimes being displayed with a crown is weird. I don’t mind it being changed from a star to a crown, but be consistent? I was super-confused in the PVP menu, trying to figure out what the number under the crown meant until I checked my own.
  • After-battle rewards still sidescroll.

But, the very most important thing:
PLEASE make the flashing STOP! I cannot take the damn fireworks in battle!
I don’t understand! You guys listened to us when we said the neon green button was too flashy when pressed and flashed yellow. (Again, thanks for listening!) But instead, you added fireworks galore in extreme brightness?! I’m pretty sure this is getting close to epilepsy-inducing - I just get a major headache. I definitely cannot play like this; I tried already turning the brightness down, but it doesn’t help. It’s abysmal!
The fact that the gem movement also seems much slower is not helping, either.
But yeah, battles are unplayable right now. I already see very, very, very little and it’s burning my eyes. I don’t even want to know what it does to a player being fully able to see.

I really thought we would, at this point, see improvements. The UI screenshots shared indicated that and it is mostly an improvement over the former version. (Though still worse than the old UI).
However, the status effects show that you really don’t care about people with visual impairments and the fireworks show that you… basically don’t care about anyones eyesight. You should have learned with the flashing button that bright flashing lights are BAD. Having them every few second is improssible to bear. They appear with every single gem matching. Not even mentioning the big spell flash.

It’s unplayable for me. (Steam-user, sitting close to the laptop because, yeah, I’m almost blind and need to be.)

Hotfix the flashing.

Only way this is playable.

The rest is okay. But not this. This is a nightmare.

(Adding: In the patch menu, this is described as “Particle Effects”. Okay then. I didn’t know what it was called in English and I know @Cyrup asked in the other thread what exactly was too bright, so my answer is “all particle effects”)

22 Likes