2.2 Patch Notes

I use BD in slot 1 and let his 3rd trait slow down my opponent, especially handy when Courage misfires.

Bone Dragon, Hellcat, Giant Spider, Courage

But that is on offense, I can see how the AI wouldn’t be able to utilize him effectively on defense as well in top slot.

1 Like

The AI can’t use him at all like that, he’s too easy to short-circuit. His freeze trait is annoying but he dies so fast it doesn’t really matter.

Did I miss something? Which troop gets to star in the new login banner, or is it a surprise?

@Sirrian, shouldn’t that be level 150 for the 2nd growth pack?

3 Likes

So still no fix for bone dragon? :frowning:

I guess I’ll stay with the 1 troop defense exploit then…

2 Likes

Kraken infinite loop. They added a counter for everything other than freeze. :stuck_out_tongue:

Now they just need to add a trait like Puzzle Quest that has a percent chance to negate a spell so that infinite loop teams aren’t spammed everywhere.

6 Likes

What is the 1 troop defense exploit?

One defense troop yields more variety in PVP matches. It’s discussed in length here:

Anyone but an impervious troop up front can be entangled, frozen, or silenced. If people stop using manticore there are a lot more readily available counters!

1 Like

I’m a big Gorgotha fan, use him a lot, really pumped I just managed to get him to mythic, so I don’t want to look a gift horse in the mouth but… did he really need to be stronger? Especially in a way that counters his biggest weakness? He was already really darn good. I don’t understand where this change came from.

The prevailing wisdom on the “one troop defense exploit” is that a defense with a low score will lower the average score of your invade picks. You can do this with a single troop, but you can also accomplish it by using troops with less traits, because having full traits count for a ton of PvP score. My fully traited level 20 teams have a score of 8634, while if I make a team with everyone still fully leveled but with no traits they will have a score of 6834. By comparison, a “normal” team I’d run into in PvP having a 6800ish score but with all or most traits unlocked would then have about 50-60% of my skill points. You don’t have to use a single troop (unless you’ve already leveled and traited everything) just to lower your defense score, its simply the easiest way to get the lowest score possible. A guild mate of mine swears by the three troop arrangement to lower the score a bit and still have a worthy team configuration. Also keep in mind that the entire thing is still antecdotal and correlation does not necessarily imply causation - it may be another closely related factor messing with the matchmaking formula which changing your defense team also affects, which explains why the official word on the matter is that your defense team has no effect on PvP matchmaking.

2 Likes

Wow those shop packs are pretty damn awesome. It shows that you are definitely listening to us! And you didn’t have to change the price of stuff too much, it’s that the value in those packs for that price is undeniable! The subscription packs too? Wowza didn’t see that coming. Great stuff!

+10000000000000000 Excellent! I am sure I will be picking several of these up. All the devs can consider it as my Christmas present to you :wink:

Thank you for giving me better ways to give you my money, now was that so hard? :wink:

1 Like

So excited about Manticore getting slowed to fast. Yes, you read that correctly and I wrote it correctly! :stuck_out_tongue:

Can’t wait to try out the event system!! :clap:

$5 Weapon Packs… YES YES YES and YES!!! My weapon collection WILL be complete! :smiling_imp:

Subs… hmm… I will need to wait to see the hard numbers on these… but a $50 a month sub, despite offerin $250 worth of stuff, is really pay us $50 and in a month you get a mythic.

Yet again, I will beg… please get rid of the EXTRAS to raise price point and give me a $20 mythic draw. I would do that once a month, or maybe every other month.

And[quote=“Rasper, post:51, topic:16599”]
That said, if the “rewards a random mythic” was changed to “rewards a random mythic you don’t have”, I’d find a way to buy the 30 day sub
[/quote]

This +100000 times THIS!!

6 Likes

The only traitless cards I have are that way for a reason - they’re not useful

Glad he got some attention, but Wulfgarok’s spell is still too expensive considering it’s not worth using unless an enemy is already badly damaged. Right now he’s basically only in decks for his third trait. 18 mana cost or significantly boosted damage output would make him playable and viable beyond the trait.

Thanks to the devs for adding 5$ weapons! I can’t wait to finally collect the ones that I’d like to try. The new subscriptions are interesting. I would buy Path to Glory II if it gave a random Mythic you don’t already own.

I really hope that they never add traits to Arena. The whole point of the mode is that it is a level playing field for players of any level. The only way adding traits would be fair in that mode is if they are active on all cards whether the player obtained the trait or not.

2 Likes

Mostly excellent news.

Great stuff and hopefully great for monetising and funding even more great stuff.

Like other mini-games.

Shame a couple of obviously needed fixes weren’t made.

Cheers

1 Like

Wooo nice changes! Just wish I had the funds to actually throw at the game at the moment :frowning: … Eh screw it… I’ll find a way!

ding ding ding

1 Like

I agree the Gorgotha buff is a bit surprising. I really liked that he was susceptible to Stun as it gave a way to work around an otherwise very strong troop. I can only assume they did this as a way to banish the Manti/BD meta entirely.

2 Likes