2.1 Preview - Guilds

UNCOLLECTED GUILD SEALS
If you earned Guild Seals on a given week, and the week ends before you have collected them, they’ll be mailed out to you (so you can’t stack guild seals for collection from week to week, but you never lose any that you’ve earned)

20000 guild seal chest looks good enough. 45000 just means no rares. No idea if it alters chance for legendary to mythic though.

For that week they don’t. But as long as the guild gets the top upgrade every other week, everyone has the chance to spend their seals often enough, and no real harm done. It’s not as if any resources are lost because of it.

Also, if they care so much, just make the guild rules so everyone has to get to 1500 or get kicked. I believe Dragon’s Peak is already aiming there.

Or they’ll just wait for next week. As nothing is really lost, and this method is a lot of work, I don’t think people will go to such lengths just to satisfy their impatience.

Also, as I said, I’m pretty sure it won’t work anyway, so…

2 Likes

You maybe forget that the more needed troops are common ones. So in fact it’s better to farm rank 1 chests (if you already have the mythics)…

Not really. You only get 72 guild keys a week, it’s not a very good idea to treat them as just gold keys, not when you get way more actual gold keys by other methods.

Or to put it another way, if you could open gold chests with gems (for the same price as gem chests), would you do it?

1 Like

You need so much Common troops to make them mythic… And apparently, you cannot gain gold/soul/glory with guild keys so these keys should be better than gold keys to farm Common troops.
Moreover, we will have glory/gem/event keys (which cannot provide Common troops) through the new guild tasks.

What I don’t understand is why they set top tier chest at EXACTLY MAX PARTICIPATION. Why not make max seals per person 1700 instead of 1500 (while maintaining the 45000 cap) so that someone can go on vacation and not get kicked from a guild. The pressure in top guilds will be too much.

12 Likes

They made it painfully clear they don’t care about top-tier Guilds and they are to be “sacrificed” for the better good.

My GL is already talking about quitting. That would be the GLs of the top 2 PS4 Guilds quitting due to an update twice in a row.

2 Likes

No they didn’t. They made it clear that something like 5 guilds will be earning a bit less than the current absurd amounts they’re earning and will be getting other stuff in return. Basically everyone in the top 5 guilds has more resources than they know what to do with. A little less isn’t going to hurt.

I think there’s a very good argument that the top guilds are actually getting too much benefit over everyone else. Bonuses to basic stats are far more valuable than a couple hundred gems/glory keys and create a wider gap between the elite and everyone else.

10 Likes

I’m hoping none of these individual categories have an actual limit on how many seals can be earned, then it might not be so bad. I don’t expect anyone but the top guilds to actually get to the 45000 weekly mark, though. I would like to point out that 100 ranked PvP matches added to gold from tributes, glory packs, daily income, login income, and any smattering from gold/glory keys would already be over 500k gold from me, which is roughly the average amount that would need to be donated by every member of a top guild to hit the task cap in the new system. Those that are actually top players are going to hit the gold donation limit and still have to grind grind grind for those guild seals, since it is sure to be a requirement. I’m not sure how well that will play out for them, long term, asking the people that play the most to play even more while simultaneously cutting their relevant rewards to the point where being RNG’d off a crucial new troop is an actual possibility.

Fair point, but not having something to ascended mythic and not having something at all are two very different things. Not having it at all locks you out from traiting it, or leveling it, and missing a single unascended legendary potentially worth 315 points is near a full star level, rather than the last ten points to your final star. However, you also have the option of just piling on the gold keys until you get it. Sure, if you have none in reserve, you’ll need to drop maybe about 3 million gold to get your given common to mythic, but by comparison, if I dropped 3 mil toward guild tasks under the current system, I’d end up with an average of 34 gems and keys tasks completed. Given the amount of legendaries in the pool even now, and ever increasing, thats not even 10% of what I would need on average to pull one copy of the legendary I’d need. I have no agency to move forward and earn any significant amount of gems or keys on my own, so I’m basically just stuck waiting. I don’t ever want to experience this stage of the game again.

I also really feel for those players trying to get progress early on that are unable to pull the “meta” troops. Don’t get me wrong, I like to use different teams, and I build a new team to PvP with each week, but I also mawed my way through a fair share of opponents when I was still farming the gold to level my kingdoms. I can build a ton of effective teams now, but when you are working your way up, its a huge block to be forced to use a less-than-effective or slower team just because you don’t have the option of using a certain troop. With the effective glory key “soft” cap, it is going to be harder than ever for a new account to get up to speed, regardless of how much time they are willing to put in. In the current system, anybody in the bottom 90% is only there for longer than a few weeks because the choose to be and can rapidly progress in terms of filling out their collection by putting in the time and joining the right guild. Under the new system, it simply wont be possible. Even spending significant sums of money wouldn’t even go too far to closing this, as you can still only target certain legendaries via events on maybe two weeks out of the year. I really don’t see how this is going to close the gap.

All of this would be a lot easier to swallow if there were simply some better way to focus in on drops - excluding select troops, focusing in on certain kingdoms regardless of week at a slightly higher cost, anything. Anything reasonably priced, anyway. I’d also feel much better spending 15 bucks a month on a subscription service that earned me rewards scaled to what I actually earn from guild tasks, etc., which I would continue paying for as long as I played the game, rather than trying to milk $50 from me because I failed to get a drop, which would make me seriously reconsider playing at all. But that much I’ve already said.

1 Like

@TaliaParks
Surely not?

I think that’s a little harsh… if we really only cared about new players & making money, we’d have implemented an entirely different system more in-line with other F2P games. I’m still very confident that Gems of War will be one of the most generous F2P games around after the update.

But the fact is that a system which was never designed to handle the way the economy evolved needs some correction for the health of the game… what is being taken from the 0.17% of top players still leaves them with an incredible amount of free stuff to be earned.

13 Likes

Also, 1500 seals/week equates to roughly 135 Ranked PvP battles. That will get basically all the gold needed every week as well. Not too bad.

I agree it’s a little unfortunate that there’s no wiggle room for the guild seals, but you can always wait to spend next week, or spend them anyway since the guardians are the big chase item and will drop regardless. Unless the drop rates on guardians are better with rarer chests (which wasn’t my impression)?

The only real question is whether you’re spending this new, free, grind currency on something akin to a Gold, Glory, or Gem Chest for the rewards other than the Guardians. And you’re still getting Glory Keys and Gems so it’s not like you’re forced to either have a guild earn 45k or else all access is cut off to guardians and Legendaries/Mythics.

2 Likes

It certainly came off harsh and I’m basically just echoing what I’m hearing from others in my position.

Me personally, I don’t care as long as I get my Arcane Traitstones. I was thinking of starting a mentor Guild, so do I really care about resources?

You know what they say @Sirrian mo’ money mo’ problems.

1 Like

I know they aren’t money-hungry because they would have sold Glory for the Console catch-up if they were.

PM me dude

Whoa that’s a lot of thread…

A few thoughts / questions for @Sirrian

• will there be a guild gold sink if the max across the six colours was hit? Maybe switch back to the current tasks as an outlet for the rest of the week?

• can treasure maps scale with player level better, especially the gold reward? I get 3-4K gold from PvP, maps can’t compete…

• still need something to do with souls…

2 Likes

That would be much better. I doubt they even think about the fact that people in the top guilds are not robots lol.

2 Likes