2.1 guild update speculation

From what the devs have told us about new features, mostly about guild specific stuff and new collectables for guild members. Let us speculate on what could be added to make the update a resounding success or an epic failure.

Any time the opinions of the few outweigh the opinions of the many, we all lose.

We know that guild tasks will receive a rework. There will be less gems to gain from there, but there will be some new stuff obtainable.

2 Likes

Considering most players by default are in lower level/rank guilds, whatever happens to guilds will affect the many in lower guilds than it would those in higher guilds.

And yet most people are morons. Why should their opinions be weighed more heavily?

4 Likes

Fewer gems makes me sad, but I’m hoping that it will introduce a traitstone task!

1 Like

No matter the change it won’t have a big effect on my guild. It’s pretty obvious why, so I’m cutting it short there.

1 Like

My main guess on the Guild Rework for mobile will be the integration of Tasks like those on the Consoles. There needs to be a way for casual players to see the benefits of contributing to guild tasks.

So far they’ve been very good about not punishing the most active top players for playing, and giving them reasons to stay playing and spend money from time to time. Sirrian has said multiple times that they work to try to stay true to a real Free2Play option. In my opinion, the economy got a bit out of wack with the battle gold costs going to 0. Much better for us playing the game, but infusing a lot more gold into the system.

I’m hoping for some “Mythic” tasks the top guilds can aim for. Something like 30million gold and everyone in the guild gets a Death. Guild Tasks where there is a trade off of lots of smaller random stuff, vs known but expensive stuff.

I am hoping they don’t punish the “VIP” extra gold levels just because players at the top have learned to work together and leverage their play for maximizing returns from the gold earned.

Yeah, I think the battle gold costs going to 0 should’ve been accompanied by a nerf to guild tasks and then the game would be in a really good place. Based on what Sirrian’s said, it sounds like we’ll get less Gems and Glory Keys in exchange for other stuff. My assumption is Guild-exclusive buffs and troops (b/c what else would it be).

1 Like

I for one would like to see the ability to leave messages to other guild members. Nobody is on the same time for guild chat but I know that I would like to send a message to the guild owner.

Secondly, after being in three guilds now, I would very much like to see some kind of aging system. If you don’t contribute - you move DOWN ranks… I see 4 people who are up 2 ranks have contributed zero to the guild.

2 Likes

A GM can demote people if they think they don’t deserve a rank. I’d rather that stay a manual process. For example, a person could go on vacation and have a valid excuse for not contributing one week. No need for that person to get demoted by an automatic demotion process.

4 Likes

I’m talking like months - or since they’ve joined which was months ago… zip… I also believe that since you can see when they have logged in last - that’s a difference that could be a dial to control. If they are logging in daily and still nothing, it makes sense to demote them down automatically. Ranks have specific number of slots. Without a way to message the owner, and nobody is on the same timezone for chat, it sorta means those of us contributing have two choices, contribute and patiently wait until someone manually moves us up in rank and the other person down, or leave again and find a more responsive owner.

Can’t see them login unless they also battle which is both a blessing and a curse.
Blessing, it shows they are playing the game
Curse, they could just be getting login rewards and you would never know.

Sounds like a good idea, just a bit too pricy.

There are only two certainties in Gems of War: Nerfs, and more nerfs.

1 Like

Actually it is nerfs and a weekly release of troops.

1 Like

I would contribute a lot to a minor red task!

1 Like

I would like them to let me type a number in at guild task contributions.

1 Like

A complete button would be better for me…

2 Likes

Any ETA on when we will get the guild nerf update?

1 Like