2.1 Arrives!

I think the real problem is that the threads have been massive so the info is hard to find, but it’s all there. I also think they really need to put a tutorial for the new system in the game.

Answer 1: Any unclaimed Seals will be mailed out to you at the end of the week. Doesn’t matter how many you have, they all get mailed.

Answer 2: If you don’t spend those Seals, they carry over week to week, just like any other currency.

2 Likes

Should be clear, based on what people have told me here, the seals don’t stack. So as far as if you had 1500 seals carried over to the next week, then you are already at max seals for the week is my understanding. You can’t save for 2 weeks and end up with 3,000 seals.

See confusion lol
They dont stack no, if you do 300 seals this week and 300 next week you wont have 600/1500 .
But
They do stack as an other resource like glory , gem keys, ect. So you could save as many as you want.
Thats what needed clarification

@Studs i understand left over unclaimed souls get mailed out
But
We have a player with 1300/1500 souls collected. He has over 300 waiting to be claimed. If they mail him 300 seals thats over the cap

1 Like

This is to the best of my understanding from dev posts on the matter.

Start condition: I’ve earned and claimed 1450 seals

I then do 6 PVP fights. That would be 9 each, however, that would be 54 putting me over the cap so I only earn 50 and not 54. At this point no game activity will earn more seals for the week, only direct purchases will go over. I still have 1450 claimed seals that I could use to buy keys, and 50 on the seal screen waiting to be claimed. When the weekly reset happens if I have not claimed those seals they get mailed to me and I’m at 0/1500 earned with 1500 ready to be used to buy keys.

1 Like

But where do those mailed seals go? There’s no UI for total vs. this week. Does that mean they’re mailed to you as keys?

1 Like

There’s UI for currency-type seals (as opposed to unclaimed seals and quota-credit seals). Upper left if you’re in the Guild/Seal menu or Chests/Guild Chests tab.

2 Likes

I’ll be damned, for some reason I looked right past that. Thanks for the correction!

It’s worth noting that there does not appear to be a row in the Hero/Collection tab for seals. Maybe an oversight? All other currency is here.

So in this case I have 46 unclaimed seals. If I instead had 1463/1500, then I’d only get 37 when I claimed them. And at the end of the week, if unclaimed, I’d get 37 in the mail.

2 Likes

We need to get a better understanding on this all together I feel. I basically asked this very same question last night, and everyone & their mommas had an answer for me. My understanding is they do not stack in any way. They just carry over. So if you get sent 100 seals in the mail, you will be at 100/1500 at the start of the week.

I don’t think that’s true - I think your currency seals will go up by 100 when you claim the mail, and your quota-credit seals will still be 0/1500. But I guess we’ll find out Monday morning.

3 Likes

Man, if I didn’t know about the forums I’d be so damn lost every update. I agree with @Studs, the game needs to do a much better job of explaining its own systems changes in-game, or else direct people toward knowledgeable resources.

4 Likes

The whole point of the mail thing is so that none are lost but you get no head start on the next week.

Ideally seals would be ‘claimed’ the moment they are ‘earned’, as such there would never be any to mail/carry over and people wouldn’t be so confused.

4 Likes

According to Sirrian:

I understand this to mean that you’ll be at 0/1500 after getting the mail on Monday.

5 Likes

I understand it as follows:

• Your seals do not count towards the guild total till you claim them, so once you hit 1500 make sure to claim them to help your guild out.

• If for any reason you do not claim your seals before the next week, whatever is unclaimed will be sent to you in your mail and will NOT count towards your guild total. These unclaimed seals will NOT count towards next week’s limit of 1500 OR your guild chest. They will simply be extra currency that hasn’t been used yet.

• At any point you can turn 20 seals into 1 guild key.

4 Likes

That’s the way that I understood it which is why I asked if in the future there’s going to be a seal counter at the top of the screen like all other materials. Instead I was told this was the opposite. (not by a dev) Which is why this really needs to be cleared up lol. Because I was told the opposite I’ve already spent all my seals. Now I’m realizing I’ve probably made a huge mistake by listening.

I cant seem to login on ps4 version. Getting the error code cant contact server it has ben 4 days now… please help

That should probably go in Console Support.

1 Like

People are getting confused b/c Seals are both (a) points you earn to upgrade the guild chest each week and (b) a currency you earn to spend on the guild chest. Here’s the breakdown:

• You can earn a maximum of 1500 seals per week without spending money.
  • When you earn 1500 seals, the currency can either be claimed, in which case it goes into your inventory, or it can be unclaimed, in which case it will be mailed to you at the end of the week. This currency works like any other currency in the game. It does not expire, and there is no limit to how much of it you can accumulate over time. It can be spent on the Guild Chest in the chests menu.
  • Additionally, for every seal you earn each week up to that 1500 cap, it also counts toward the chest upgrade (which is tracked in the “Guild Seals” section of the Guild tab). This number resets each week.
  • You can buy a limited amount of additional seals every week with real money. These do not count against your cap and otherwise function as above.

I think where people are getting confused is that you cannot not claim your Seals currency, get it mailed to you, and then have that count for or against next week’s guild chest upgrades. The chest upgrade resets every week and you have to earn seals all over again starting from 0.

11 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, makes perfect sense and also what I originally thought. Since it is a currency that can accumulate over time, it should eventually get it’s own currency counter at the top of the page in the future. Yes/no? Assuming they could come up with more uses other than chests.

Good explanation.

If I understand correctly, this means you could save up all your guild seals (as a currency) until you hit a week where your guild reaches the highest tier, and then spend them all. This would ensure you maximize the value of your spent guild seals. Is that correct? Aren’t players incentiveized to save seals until such time that their odds of what they pull in chests are at their best possible odds?

2 Likes