2.1.5 Soul Farming Guide

Theoretically, the highest souls you can get per match is 525. This is at VIP 13 and Warlord IV with three Necromancers and a soul generator, but this is grossly impractical.

1 Like

@Mithran

You can check out my full breakdown here:

And, @BassDLow, if you wouldn’t mind, could you add this to my entry? It has an in-depth look at the team.

Okay, this was a setup I was testing before the update and it works pretty well! It wasn’t affected by the update, so I’ve stuck with it. I call it The Ocho (because it ended up being in my 8th team slot, at the time of testing).

It can make matches fly by if RNGesus is on your side. If you don’t get lucky and lose DS early on, it can make matches kinda drag, depending, but… I find it really evens out and even veers over to the ‘worth it’ category.

Wolf Banner (Blue/Green) – 60 soul cap

• The Dragon Soul … [L] … • ( • • )
  • Keeper of Souls … [L] … • ( • • )
  • Shadow Dragon … [L] … • • ( • )
  • Giant Spider … [L] … • • •
  • = Spider Swarm … [E] … • • •

Strategy:

As usual, you want to go for any 4+ matches you see, right off the bat.

Anyway, highest priority goes to filling Giant Spider asap, so look for blue/green matches. Always. Use Giant Spider as often as you can. Even before firing off DS’s spell, if it seems feasible to make at least one 4+ match, because this can easily help you loop DS into full mana, again!

Next priority (if blue/green is lacking), look for red/purple to fill DS as quickly as you can, because his attack helps fill everyone else, including himself.

After that, look for yellow matches to fill Shadow Dragon. Depending on what type of match you’re playing, Shadow Dragon’s AOE poison is incredibly useful at winnowing down enemy troops’ health. It’s also a tertiary method of attacking, if DS gets killed and doesn’t resurrect. Additionally, Shadow Dragon’s spell transforms yellow gems to purple, so it can easily give you yet more extra turns, if you keep your eyes open for potential 4+ matches in crucial moments.

Lastly, once Keeper of Souls is filled, keep him that way. If you’re doing an explore match, it’s easy enough to (depending on what difficulty you’re playing) keep the enemy troops alive long enough to max out your 60 soul cap. But, if you’re up against a really nasty first troop, you can easily use Keeper’s spell to bite into their hp, earn you extra turns, and potentially decimate the problematic troop without much effort. Also, Keeper is my second line of offense, in case DS is taken out and doesn’t resurrect.

NOTE:
For purely soul-farming purposes, and if you don’t care that matches will take longer to complete, you can shift the team around like so:

• Shadow Dragon
  • Keeper of Souls
  • Dragon Soul
  • Giant Spider

This takes longer, of course, because you’ve got to fill Shadow Dragon and Keeper of Souls before the purple mana starts reaching Dragon Soul. But! It keeps Dragon Soul alive for a much longer amount of time and I always max out the soul cap using this line up!

It’s not perfect, but it works really well for me! Most of the time. :blush:

1 Like

Here’s the best (and quickest) post-patch soul-farming team I’ve found so far. Works like a charm on Explore. You have to think outside the box a little:

Dragon Soul
Ragnagord w/ 2 traits (for Fast)
Acolyte x2 (with all 3 traits) - only there for the Stone Link & Necro
+2 Brown banner.

Since Gord starts at 7/14 mana, and gets 7 Brown per match (3 + 2 for the banner + 2 from the Acolytes), it only takes one brown match to charge him up.

First turn match brown if possible, then next turn fire him off to charge up (or mostly charge) Dragon Soul. DS is in the first slot so he mostly recharges himself. If not, you’ve probably charged up Ragnagord so use his spell to load up Dragon Soul. From there just rinse and repeat, juggling DS and Ragnagord’s explodes as needed until you hit the 80-soul cap. Takes like a minute tops.

Probably the entire opposing team is dead by now, but if not an attack or yet another explosion will end the battle quickly.

2 Likes

I think I have seen two maybe three teams in here Newbies can use to farm.

I’ve seen several that have troops that are extremely hard to get (Death for example)

Can we get some teams that are using up to Ultra Rare for Farming example. They may not max out but are good solid teams to switch off on…especially when you get bored with other tasks and activities.

So not to be rude about it, but…did you read the first post? It has several suggestions for earlier-game teams.

For using Ragnagord, I’d highly recommend this configuration instead:

Ragnagord
TDS
Warlock
Acolyte

Abyssal Banner

Why? Well, in the my ten test battles with your configuration, I got completely stalled by there being no brown matches available three separate times.
To get things started, you need:
1 brown match of any kind
or 3 purple/red surges, a match 4 and two surges, 4 matches and a surge, etc
or 2 blue surges (4 matches), then an acolyte cast to get your browns on the board and then a brown match if you don’t get an extra turn (which you probably wont)

You will, occasionally, gather less than half mana for both exploders and be in a worse position than when you start, needing either a brown surge or two purple/red surges to continue.

The above configuration, you can start exploding with:
1 brown surge
1 red surge
2 purple surges
any combination of 2 brown/red match 4/5s
1 blue surge and 1 blue match fills warlock, who can remove purple but possibly kickstart getting browns on the board if you get stalled

Even on a low yield explode (lots of yellows/greens/blues on the board beforehand), you can usually focus down purple, red, or brown to continue exploding after one match, since they all have bonuses. The AI will generally try to starve you, but they can’t take all the mana colors.

Target purple when exploding, unless you can get way more of the board otherwise. Both exploders should be much easier to fill given the available mana. Also, you’ll get +1 magic from having three mystics and some life or something from having . It doesn’t really matter much, but if you have a level 19 dragon soul and an even amount of magic kingdoms at 5 star/level 10, you’ll get an extra explosion out of it. It’s a pretty good variant to the giant spider/TDS/necro/necro build otherwise, having one less color able to charge with but also potentially starting one turn faster.

It is also pretty decent swapping out TDS for Banshee, which is the build I’ve been testing for those that don’t have TDS, but I prefer having a green mana “closer” in this setup (like Rowanne) rather than double necro. Which brings me to:

This one uses one epic you currently have to pull randomly, and one from a kingdom quest, but I find it a lot more fun than than stuff like Valk triple warlock or Valk triple anything with necro configurations or the ones that rely on plinking the enemy down one hit at a time.

Ragnagord**
Banshee***
Rowanne (no traits)
Acolyte***

I use Banner of Progress (yellow/red) for this configuration, which, along with the link traits, gives +1 red, yellow, brown, and purple. You can also use the Vampire banner (red/purple), which allows Banshee to fill in a purple match + a purple surge, where with Progress she will need a minimum of two surges or three matches starting from nothing, but you generally wont be filling banshee first. Ragnagord fills in one surge, Explode fills banshee or close to it, banshee fills ragnagord, Ragnagord refreshes the board to do it again. Banshee is unblocked and fills in any three matches. Two cycles, then clear with Rowanne. You don’t really need extra turns on Banshee, you just need enough blue to red alignment to get your mana up. High end players that don’t need souls can just use rowanne after the first explode and clear it.

2 Likes

Well, the team I use is up to Ultra-Rare, but it relies on Mechanist’s third trait and ascended Bombots with as many +Armor kingdoms as you can get…does that count?

Deep Borer
Bombot
Flame Cannon
Mechanist*** / Black Manacles
Brown/Brown banner

http://ashtender.com/gems/teams/6042,6251,6043,1129

2 Likes

I will have to try this one. I have all these troops.

Unfortunately I don’t have Ragnagord. I will keep it in mind.

(To @Mithran) Wow. That’s some seriously great feedback, thank you.

I tried your suggestion for a dozen-ish matches, but an still leaning towards my original team (or some variation that has yet to be discovered). Reason being that you can always bail out of an Explore battle, which I tend to do if I don’t get TDS charged up in the first 3 turns or so. You’re right that everything bogs down without that initial brown match, but the time spent bailing if the board is really terrible + restarting an Explore match is, I think, less than going with your build that needs a few initial surges each time. The whole point of putting all of my eggs in the Ragnagord basket is to get an exploder ready to go on the first turn.

I tried with an Archer hero (start at half mana) and Mountain Crusher - which only needs 6 mana and gives me an extra troop slot to work with - but having to waste a brown match to charge him tended to leave him exploding hardly anything and not doing anything productive.

So anyway. Your approach is more consistent but slower; mine is way faster when brown matches are available but much slower when they aren’t. And for me, being able to retreat if no brown matches happen in the first few turns ends up faster overall in the long run.

I totally welcome rebuttals to my possibly off-the-mark strategy. This nuts-and-bolts team building stuff is way more interesting to me than things like plot or PVP rankings. :slight_smile:

Getting really good results from this line up, so far!

Seems as if I’ll NEVER get TDS

i am still waiting for an avina build team.

1 Like

Technically, it’s even higher than that. With guild bonus for souls now, and also, you could have 4 necromancy troops (with no soul generation) and just keep killing the opponent’s summons for more souls. :grin: It would take forever, but you would get so many souls…

Super-mega-proto-technically, it will be even higher than that is a few days. With the new mythic’s trait giving +150% to souls and his spell being able to generate them, you could possibly have a match earn you 1610 souls. Sure, you’d have to use more resources than most people earn in half a year to get a chance at attaining the team capable of this feat, but that’s the cost of being the best!

1 Like

A fully traited Kerberos is also a must have for a good soul farming team. Not only does he have the Necromancy trait, but his 3rd trait, Gate Guardian, allows him to summon a warg every time the enemy dies. Since they also give 10 souls each time their magic is used, they can replace your soul generator if they die.

I only have a few folks with the necromancy trait right now, so I’m using the following team. I get 385 mana per battle with my current bonuses.

Dragon Soul (lvl 15, no traits)
Kerberos (lvl 20, fully traited)
Acolyte (lvl 11, fully traited)
Aziris (lvl 18, two traits)

The Aziris doesn’t help much besides giving the necromancy trait, but even with TDS and Acolyte not fully leveled up and TDS with no traits, they still win quickly and easily and provide the full amount of souls.

My current explore/soul farming is :
Gorgotha (for tanking, explosion to fill everything)
The Dragon Soul (soul generator, explosion)
Acolyte (help to fill Gorgotha, necromancy)
Warlock (Necromancy, pinpoint damage if needed, only first trait is needed)

This team has also some team bonus (but essentially +1 magic give bigger explosions)

My current challenge/soul farming is:

Emperor Khorvash (full traits)
Valkyrie (full traits)
Death (full traits, Necromancy)
Death (full traits, Necromancy)
With Dragon Banner(+2 Red, +1 Yellow, -1 Brown)

Soul cap is 80.

If you play the challenge mode in warlord 4 settings, you can get about 10,000 souls per hour.
If you use the valkyrie skill twice, you get 72/80 soul. When used three times, it becomes 80/80.

It is very fast because of true damage of emperor and hp drain of death.

One of the best and fastest ways I’ve found to soul farm is 2 warlocks top 2 positions, celestial armor, valk and Death. It’s hilariously fast in the first challenge of Divinion Fields.

I let the mobs pound on the warlocks till Val gets at least 3 casts off. You need at least 3 to get over 100 souls at my level. Now, I sometimes one or two shot them off (get that red mana guy first and the ranger 2nd) after val gets her 3 shots but if you let her get 3 more you’ll cap out at over 200 depending on your difficulty setting which I usually use hard or Warlord II and you also get a GUILD BONUS now. I find waiting for every 2 steps of difficulty settings to be most optimal. Hard, Warlord II etc. etc.

Death will be ready to proc after valk casts a couple of times, but, I save him for ending the match. If you cast him too early he might wipe out the whole side and you don’t want that before 3 casts by Valk.

Now Tacet can do this faster but he uses 3 warlocks cause he can one shot stuff most every time. My setup is mostly for new players that got lucky and got Death at level 39 :slight_smile: Even with my method it’s silly easy to make a few extra souls an hour than you would otherwise slow playing to get souls. If you didn’t get Death early just throw in another warlock or your favorite other necro but be sure you use 3 of em.