I posted on the 2.1.5 Soul Farming Guide thread, but I didn't really do much to explain how it works. There's some other great teams in there, check it out here:
Okay. I want to get a couple of things out of the way:
- I have ALL of my Kingdoms at 5+ stars.
- I have ALL guild bonuses maxed out.
- I have NOT tested this outside of one mission: Divinion Fields, first challenge (Scouting Party).
- I am playing at Warlord 2 Difficulty.
- I was hasty in specifying a match time, as I had only run it a couple times when I posted.
ALL of my troops are fully traited.
ALL of my troops are Mythic and at level 20.
- Match time is usually 90 seconds, sometimes faster, but was never longer than 2 minutes.
TWO Valkyrie casts will hit the souls cap.
- I do NOT have any VIP bonuses.
- I gain an extra 50% souls bonus from guild.
- I ran this team for ONE HOUR straight, and obtained 9,929 souls, roughly 165 souls per minute.
- If/when Necromancy is patched, souls per hour WILL DECREASE roughly 25% (down to circa 7,473).
- It should be noted that, in its current state, Necromancy is allowing for MORE soul gains per minute than ever before.
- Yes, I have too much time on my hands and am ambivalent towards the 2.1.5 update, as a whole.
Now that that is out of the way, here is the team composition.
Dragon Banner : +2 Red Mana, +1 Yellow Mana, -1 Brown Mana.
The purpose of having Sacrificial Priest is strictly for Karakoth and Human/Mystic stat bonus. To some degree, Acolyte is also there for the same reason. You do not want to use Acolyte unless there is no mana available for Warlock on the board. Here's the full bonuses:
Your number one priority is to get off two Valkyrie casts before you end the match. It is acceptable to even pass up skulls if there is available Valkyrie mana on the board. Since two casts are enough to max out souls, it is advised to achieve this as soon as possible.
You are going to want to use Warlock on Ranger when there are 8+ Purple orbs on the board. A plus to this team is Acolyte's Cursed trait, which gives a 50% chance to reduce the enemy's effective HP (Armor+Heatlh) by 2 per troop. Your next target for Warlock is Boar Rider and this time you only need 4+ Purple orbs present. If Cursed does proc on the enemy Health or Armor, you will only need 4+ Purple orbs the one-shot Ranger and Boar Rider is open season once you have enough mana.
When Valkyrie has been casted twice, you can go for skulls if you wish, but there is the potential of being trolled by Centaur Scout, as he does have Agile (20% chance to dodge skull damage).
It's advised to never cast Sacrificial Priest, because although he can clean up stragglers, his death will revoke the third Necromancy trait (even with 100 souls before bonuses, your post-game total will be reduced to 260 souls).
The idea with this team is to have both of the last two enemy troops within one-shot range of Warlock, and the first two troops within one-shot range of a skull attack. If you are having trouble with this, you can alter the difficulty to make this a reality. You will lose 25 souls per run for each rung you climb down the difficulty ladder, but finishing matches quicker is more important than a 25 soul loss per game.
If you are still having trouble with one-shotting the first two troops with skulls, you can make Acolyte or Warlock the team front-runner without mana starving Valkyrie.
You can use either of the following teams, but you will not be able to hit the souls cap in two casts, because you are losing the full bonuses from kingdom/species. Essentially, you can have these troops in any order, but it's advised to have the mana chain of command go: Valkyrie, Warlock, Acolyte.
Anyways, if you have all the kingdoms maxed out, you probably aren't in a hurry to get more souls. Nonetheless, I figured I'd leave this here still, considering that kingdoms' stars have been raised to seven, with plans to go up to 10.
As with anything, this is a work in progress. I am still going over different team compositions and difficulties that will maximize the Returns on Investment (RoI). Feel free to list improvement suggestions, questions or concerns.