2.1.5 Arrives!

A quick buff I thought up would be for every hero’s class perks to be active instead of selecting 1 of the 3. Even then I think heroes would be underpowered, but it would help.

Kinda wish I still needed souls…

Gorgotha
Wight
Aziris
Aziris
Purple/Red banner

Gorgotha is a wall. Wight (for me) is a 21 true damage nuke, and 2 casts will max out souls. With +1 banner and +2 from magic link a single match 3 purple fills an Aziris which can make skull matches to plink off enemy. On Warlord 1 I can get 200 souls from an explore pretty quickly with no risk.

Can replace first troop with Famine, Orion, or Great Maw as well. Any green, brown, and/or yellow troop.

1 Like

Well then, just ADD it back into the game along with the new music. What?, you’re not making enough money to do that?!! You’re not privy to that information? Well, I did send this to Steve F., didn’t I?
Please…

This entire update seems to be totally focussed on making cosmetic changes and making another series of balancing changes… :frowning:

I guess in this day and age the game looks is more important than how the game plays… :frowning:

Regarding the changes in the update:
I don’t care how my hero looks. I don’t use him much anyway
I don’t need souls, so I don’t play with Valkyrie anymore
I’m not in a guild that is going to complete many Legendary tasks, so that does nothing for me either.
I don’t play with sound (never have actually)…
I have no reason to disenchant any troops (I have over 100K souls laying around collecting dust)…

So really, besides the balance changes (which are mostly to troops people in the high level meta don’t use on defense anyway) this patch has no effect on me whatsoever…

I was hoping for at least some addition or change to gameplay (new kingdom? Anything really), but I guess maybe next update? :sob: :wink:

It sounds like they have a Pirate themed kingdom almost ready.

With the new patch system, I look to the major patches 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, to have significant content, and the minor patches, 2.1.5, to have fixes and minor content. I do prefer these intermediate updates verses the waiting 3-5 months for a major update.

4 Likes

With big game features- like the new PVP or the new Guild system- we prefer to release them with every 2nd patch update (like 2.0 or 2.1), while patches like 2.0.5 or 2.1.5 we use for smaller features or focusing on bug fixes, it allows us to release patches more often than we used to, which was about every 3 months.

Valkyries in Norse mythology, would gather the souls of dead warrior to take them to Valhalla.

4 Likes

Can you explain the undead and how they make/gather souls? I am looking at those in ghulvania that have necromancy or generate souls. It seems thematic, but is it thematically correct?

Ah that makes sense

I didn’t get any Tattoo options other than on the Elf race. Is that correct? If so, will they be available for purchase at a latter date?

Wow, I could play with the Hero facial combination all day.

Need MOAR skin mesh selections per Race. Moar! Moar!

Also would be great if there’s a feature for adjustiing Height and Bulkiness of the character model as well :wink:

1 Like

Hi,

Could you try flushing the console cache? Cache can persist through the the uninstall/update/reinstall cycle if you have Instant-On enabled.

1. Turn your XBox One console off.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console and let it sit for a few minutes.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the console and power it on.

This will rule out any console caching issue. If the problem persists then contact support.

Best Wishes,
-Dave

We’ve tried to keep facial features unique for the most part for each race.

We’re going to see how popular the Avatar stuff is before we make any decisions on further avatar options.

Hello Darkness, my old friend (from Aes Sedai and Royal Fire) - it’s not all so bad, and if you’re interested I know of a guild that has already completed 28 legendary tasks…

I really liked the crafting and researching mini-games in Puzzle Quest. Perhaps we could have a mini-game that costs gems and lets you try to craft traitstones by matching a certain amount of that color before you run out of turns. That would be more fun for me than a slot machine.

2 Likes

Or souls!!

2 Likes

I second this. Puzzle Quest and PQ2 both had really fun minigames that would be a refreshing change of pace here. As usual, the trick is balancing the rewards to make them optional and not essential.

2 Likes

Fun Fact… they almost never made it into PQ.
They were originally games that looked a lot like poker machines, with a very random outcome.

I was very unhappy with them, and with about 1 month to go on the project we rewrote them into their current form. Our poor producer on the publisher side almost had a heart attack, but it turned out the new games were a lot of fun, so they stayed!

19 Likes

Hi Namour :smiley:

I’m actually very happy with my current guild (Black Pearl).
Black Pearl is competitive enough that we complete all the regular guild tasks each week, but casual enough that the minimum requirements are reachable by just playing when I want to, and not feeling I have to play to reach the standards set by the guild. :smiley:

@Nimhain: I understand. I think my previous post was just fuelled by the fact that I got very excited that the game had an update (I was hoping for something new to re-kindle my slightly fading interest in the game) and then being disappointed that there was nothing in the update that would affect me.

But the current “big update - small update” sequence does make a lot of sense…

We are currently working on the next kingdom which we hope will be released soon (no exta eta yet), as well as some adding some more hero classes.

5 Likes

@Sirrian The initial post never mentioned what the soul cap was raised to. I believe it was previously (unofficially) stated to be 60 with 2 necromancy traits.

Is 60 the max?