2.1.5 Arrives!

Because the changes mean you now need a soul generator and 2 necromancy troops. That is 3 positions locked. And all the troops newly added to the soul pool are junk. It cannot be any easier to see that it further restricts players :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

Now 3/4 of the deck’s troops have to be soul farming related (selected from a very short list).
I can only choose freely the last troop, but its mana has to be compatible with the other 3.

Before, I had to use Valkyrie, but I was free to choose any other 3 troops. There was only one constrain: at least one of the remaining 3 had to use blue mana.

I don’t say that before it was an ideal situation, but I would have preferred dropping both the Necromancy trait and the soul bonus, from every troop of the game, giving some souls bonus in compensation to every game, regardless of what troop was used.

Fun fact about necromancy troops: they cover only 4 colors.And if we exclude death and KoS since they are not so available to early players (and even if a lower level player is lucky enough to obtain them there’s the part of needing to collect masiv amount of arcanes to actually unlock the traits) we got a bunch of useless troops that are more of a dead weight just put there for necromancy trait. Soul generators are quite nice no argue about that, but necromancy troops are mostly horrible.

7 Likes

Nice update, there.

I like the visual upgrades, it’s cool to be able to customize our main character a little bit, and the art is significantly improved in the process. I also love that you now see a close-up of the hero’s face in game, it’s refreshing and showcases the update.

Also, it’s not listed in the OP, but I think it’s worth mentioning that you’ve added neat little real-time counters for gold, souls and maps you gain during a match. That’s a nice touch! =)

Apart from that, it seems like I’ll be receiving a significant boost to my Souls intake, with the various buffs on sweet Arena staples like Soul Blade, Banshee, Warlock, Alchemist, and more! That’s super sweet, thanks a lot for that! :+1:

Of course, the PVP grinders are going to cry endless rivers and make a thousand duplicate threads about the Valkyrie nerf, but I for one am very happy with this change. It almost looks like it was done for Arena players, or with Arena players in mind, at least, which is something to cherish! Farming souls for the sake of farming souls is tedious and boring, and no one should have to do that. Getting souls in passing from actually playing the game sounds much healthier.

However, I could not possibly care less for the extra tasks added for guilds that are so packed and so active that they were not only able to shell out the “basic” 2 million something gold weekly, but to do it so quickly that they had time to get bored before the weekly reset. It’s cool if it makes the 1% happy and they stop complaining about that, but this is not the game I know and love.

How about scaling down the “basic” fortune needed to advance tasks for guilds that are NOT in the vocal 1%? My guild has exactly three members, only two of which are fairly active and at a high level, so on a good week, we barely make it to the 65K tasks, and we can never ever upgrade our Guild Chests more than twice… And it’s not about to change. I’ll never join a top guild and play this game like it was a job, even if it means a billion less rewards at the end of the week. It would be nice to also have something in place in that whole guild system for small guilds who aren’t in it for the PVP leaderboard competition, and never will, you know?..

In any case, nice update overall. This makes me want to play a bit more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lmao. Im better off so screw everyone else!
The reality is that the majority of people play PvP and not Arena.

1 Like

We answered this in another thread, but the short answer is mythic exclusive week applies to Legendary Tasks as well.

EDIT: Incorrect - The Mythic from Legendary Tasks will be randomly pulled from ALL Mythics, but will include the new Mythic troop too. Clarification here: Mythic Troops & Legendary Tasks

We may review some hero classes in the future. For now we’d like to review and buff heroes as a whole.

Yeah, I mixed up the Gaster-isms. My 12-year old daughter pointed it out immediately. ROFL

There, it’s fixed. makes you and my daughter happy! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think I would like the armor mix/match options much more if you were able to change the armor colors to match. Trying to wear any of the other sets together just looks like a mismatch of scrounged armor pieces to me. I think I’ll just stick to my deathknight armor. I do like that you can opt out of wearing a helmet now if you want though.

OK, here’s the deal: After this patch, with all my kingdom and guild stat bonuses applied, my Banshee can generate 24 souls per spell, whereas my Valkyrie can “only” generate 16 souls/spell. I’m scratching my head at this.

What I would like to see is for Banshee to generate something else besides souls. Lore does not make her a soul stealer really. She should be stealing something else, like say, a random chance to get an extra traitstone, with a % that scales with Magic skill, so mine would be a 24% chance. Just don’t make her another map generator either.

The day they make a rune generator is the day everyone switches to the new meta

3 Likes

How would this be any more “lore-appropriate” for Banshee?

3 Likes

I guess I’m not seeing how soul generation is inappropriate for an undead but appropriate for what amounts to an angel or holy warrior from Valhalla?

Hello everyone!

I don’t know if This is the Correct place To ask, but Lets go…

After the last update on the Xbox one console, the game doesn’t enter into the quests ( on kingdoms) and the guild. Just the loading screen is showed and nothing more can be done, even go back to the main screen.

I already restarted the game and the console. And reinstalled the game, also.

Does anyone know what’s happening?

Tks!!!

This may have been mentioned already, but I’m not reading all of what’s been said here, so apologies in advance. But, after playing a little bit, I’m thinking this was not actually a nerf to Valkyrie at all. I still get the same amount of souls with my Valkyrie team as I did before the update. But, now if I use a team with Valkyrie and a troop that has necromancy as well, I can get even more souls. It was a buff to the necromancy trait. And in a sense, a buff to Valkyrie as well. You get the same souls with Valkyrie as before the update, and now you also have mana shield. I think some of the reactions here were a bit knee jerk. I was upset too when I read about the changes. But, we couldn’t play while the servers were down. Unless Valkyrie is still giving more souls than intended? Maybe @Sirrian or @Nimhain can answer that? This was actually a good update for soul farming if it stands as is.

4 Likes

Probably best to post under the Support category, or in the console update thread.

That way the version is seen and your post isn’t buried in the middle of a thread.

Tks!!!

Just to know… Are the servers down?

A quick buff I thought up would be for every hero’s class perks to be active instead of selecting 1 of the 3. Even then I think heroes would be underpowered, but it would help.

Kinda wish I still needed souls…

Gorgotha
Wight
Aziris
Aziris
Purple/Red banner

Gorgotha is a wall. Wight (for me) is a 21 true damage nuke, and 2 casts will max out souls. With +1 banner and +2 from magic link a single match 3 purple fills an Aziris which can make skull matches to plink off enemy. On Warlord 1 I can get 200 souls from an explore pretty quickly with no risk.

Can replace first troop with Famine, Orion, or Great Maw as well. Any green, brown, and/or yellow troop.

1 Like

Well then, just ADD it back into the game along with the new music. What?, you’re not making enough money to do that?!! You’re not privy to that information? Well, I did send this to Steve F., didn’t I?
Please…