2.0 Will Be Arriving Shortly

Some excellent little surprises in here! To wit:

3 Likes

Well, I’m at full hype now. Should have plenty of time to play tomorrow. Can’t wait to see all these changes in action.

1 Like

To be quite honest, I was expecting a litany of balance changes. The list is surprisingly short. The 2.0 preview video actually covered about 95% of what we’re getting.

I still expect an adjustment pass a few weeks down the line, but considering that so few of the troops are being changed, the pass will probably be smaller than we’ve seen before.

2 Likes

Yeah I felt the same, it was surprisingly short on stuff we didn’t already know. Ah well… still lots of new stuff :smiley:

I’m guessing the PVP stuff took most of the development time, and anything left over went into the new kingdom. And both are prime things to go on a preview video.

I’m ready to see that War troop. Gonna feel like opening Wonka Bars for the golden ticket.

5 Likes

I think it’s a good sign that we aren’t getting a huge list. It means the system is more stable. In the past, huge lists of nerfs and buffs meant that the troop system as a whole needed tweaking. Now it seems we’ve settled into an environment where only small changes are needed, and that is a good thing.

3 Likes

So Moloch’s Suppression is still keeping troops alive and Bone Dragon is still freezing attackers without being hit?

1 Like

Actually you inadvertently raised a good point… It’s possible the list of changes is low because there is a new PVP system and they didn’t want to shake everything up on top of that.

That should be fixed. Same as Thorns on Gloom Leaf and other similar effects.

I’m guessing they’re going to continue to roll out buffs/nerfs in small batches every week as it seems like they’ve started to do. That said, I too was hoping for a sea of buffs & nerfs.

1 Like

That’s my assumption. There’s no game-changing mechanic coming, troops-wise, but the new PvP system will quickly straighten out the defense meta, and the devs will probably need to react to it.

2 Likes

[quote=“Studs, post:50, topic:7348”]
That said, I too was hoping for a sea of buffs & nerfs.
[/quote]

1 Like

That’s not a point I actually brought up, but you did… And while I don’t quite agree, seeing as they’ve done major shakeups with troops at the same time they’ve added other new, major content in the past, it’s possible that you’re right, and I can see why you might see that in what I said.

2 Likes

Everyone going to crack open their keys right away?

I’ll be streaming it.

That’s going to be a long stream…
What’s the link?

Going to start with VIP chests?

1 hour-ish :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah yes, I see that now cheers Tacet.
A pity about Moloch’s trait not being addressed though, been waiting so long for that to get fixed I stopped using him, WAS my favourite troop. I was sure it would be updated at 2.0.

Keys yes, gems no. I think I am waiting for next week

Where is the game client update?!?!