1 torch reward

Unlike Tower of Doom where a player can be reimbursed a sigil in hopes of getting a valraven. Underspire has no Valeravens. So chest rewards containing 1 torch makes zero sense. This may be a feature request, but based on last week. I believe the kinks are still trying to be worked out. And 1 for 1 torch reimbursement is definitely a kink.

8 Likes

you got a pleasant feeling that you received something as a gift. what kind of gift is not so important :face_holding_back_tears:

Kinda like haste scrolls in ToD

1 Like

Not really, that haste scrolls gets you a battle further towards the next Valraven.

2 Likes

Sorry, incomplete thought. My dog is staring me down trying to get dinner early and distracting me lol

Right, and the extra torch enables you to explore an extra room - unless you happen to pull it in your very last room. I’m fine with getting torches - would prefer them to trinkets, but that might just be me.

You have the same number of torches before and after the fight. So a different way to look at this is saying you’ve just wasted your time on a battle and received nothing in return (expect the default battle reward, but nobody plays for those).

1 Like

Yes but you’ve explored a room

Which doesn’t serve a purpose. It’s a dead end, you don’t get any additional map information or unlock any additional rooms.

OK. Let’s say you have two treasure rooms left to unlock. You have one torch left. Getting the extea torch allows you to open the last treasure room. That actually happened to me last week. I was very happy not to have to spend more gems. Maybe that colors my point of view. Would two torches be preferable? Absolutely.

1 Like

You could instead just directly have opened that last treasure room. One fight less, same rewards. Or received a real reward from the first treasure room. Also one fight less, same rewards.

Your situation is a bit like mowing a lawn, then as payment getting shown a second lawn to mow to receive the payment you should have received for mowing the first lawn.

Even entirely removing that torch from the loot table is an improvement, because then you can get a real reward from both chests instead of having one chest go to waste.

1 Like

No, I couldn’t have, because I only had one torch left and I didn’t pick that room out of the two rooms. Otherwise my choice would have been spend another 50 gems, or leave one treasure room unexplored. I get that you’re saying room #1 is a total waste of time. I’m probably giving you the one use case where it actually was valuable.

Hello :slight_smile:

Just a quick heads up that I’ve shifted this thread to feedback.

2 Likes

That’s just the point, your “otherwise” would be a huge improvement. Because in that situation there still is a treasure room with a real treasure left to explore, after having picked up a real treasure from the first treasure room. I’d rather have the option to pay a torch (or 50 gems) for a real treasure than call it a day.

Doesn’t Tower of Doom also occasionally drop “Scrolls of Haste” (+1 event sigil) in addition to Valravens (+2 sigils) ?

I disagree but I can see why you would feel tbat way. i’m thankful that we can have a conversation about it. Much respect to you.