The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread Part 1 (Closed)

Sounds brill. Eases a lot of pressure from needing so many glory packs just for the arcanes.

Those kingdoms wont know what hit them

1 Like

I know, and since I spend a bit of time outside of PvP working on tasks every week anyway, this will increase fun, increase variety and increase arcanes/runics. Being able to scale the difficulty according to your team and preferences makes it sound pretty-much perfect!

[quote=ā€œStan, post:484, topic:10582, full:trueā€]
I know, and since I spend a bit of time outside of PvP working on tasks every week anyway[/quote]

I usually do my Tasks on Challenges as well. Fast, easy and farm Traitstones all at once. Iā€™ll be switching to Explore as soon as it is released.

1 Like

If you have the trait stones and souls for it, you should have all the troops on console to build the ā€œQuick Exploreā€ team Iā€™m using right now.

Green Seer with first 2 traits (2nd trait is Blessed which can boost armor)
Rowan with no traits
Siren with all 3 traits (1st trait is also Blessed. 3rd trait is Empowered.
Dryad with first 2 traits (2nd trait is again Blessed

If you can use the Siren to feed Green Seer, youā€™ve got a good chance of finishing in less than a minute on Normal/Hard.

and what about the same pvp team

maw
IK
mercy
sheegra

Iā€™m missing two of those troops, despite being almost to level 700. :flushed:

Alchemist / Valkyrie / Rowanne / Green Seer

That should be ridiculously fast to charge Rowanne and clear Explore on Normal/Hard in under a minute every time.

The Empowered Siren gives a chance at a 1st-turn win, though.

Actually it appears that replacing the Dryad with a Goblin or Satyr makes it even faster, since they do damage and get an extra turn.

Valkyrie is a must if just farming

Jarlā€™s better, trust me :wink:

As fast as Iā€™m doing Explores, Iā€™m not getting much of any souls even WITH Valkyrie.

What about explore makes valkyrie less useful?

Itā€™s all about timing.

I can often beat Normal explore with my Rowanne team without casting Valkyrie, which means Iā€™m not benefitting from her more than a handful of souls.

1 Like

Once you get daily tasks, youā€™ll have a whole new set of equations to solve: how to maximize speed, while also working off one or more tasks, while also trying to squeeze in Valk (or Tyri for some people) when possible. Except for the few times where you get a nasty task (like using constructs or a kingdom you donā€™t like), itā€™s a lot of fun.

Only takes 2 casts for full souls. Can surely squeeze that in occasionally? I would be planning to anyhow

I completely ignore the tasks, except for task 1, unless I feel like doing unfinished quests/challenges

I pick and choose a bit. If I can make an effective PvP team that completes a task, I do it, and the further my troops progress, the more often this works. Otherwise, if Iā€™m doing quests/challenges for their own sake or to farm stones, I always try to combine with a task to get a little bonus. I picked up 40 extra glory twice in the last week by getting the ā€œ8 battles with 3 Whitehelm troopsā€. Thatā€™s 5 extra glory per battle with a team thatā€™s only slightly slower than my usual.

I always feel like I need to clear the ugly ones to get the chance of getting a good one the next day. When everything lines up, I can clear all 4 tasks in less than 30 minutes while playing PvP.

Can you talk me through how you get quick wins with that? The only damage dealers youā€™ve got are Siren and Rowanne, and I donā€™t see any way to buff Rowanneā€™s armor to increase her damage to lethal levels. Everyone else is healing, creating barrier or entangling, which is good for preserving your own life, but not great for quick kills. What am I missing here?

Also, when farming, I like to have my first troop do enough damage to one-shot enemy troops when on normal or hard difficulty. Green Seer doesnā€™t seem like the troop to take advantage of a good skull spawn on the opening board.

If I get blue or green lined up, Siren kills one troop and fills Rowanne. Since Rowanneā€™s damage is split between 3 troops instead of 4, they all die.

Bear in mind, Iā€™m level 700 and have 2 magic kingdoms at Level 10.

I have Green Seer in there to to take on Purple or Yellow in the event that I donā€™t get the right layout to fill Rowanne right away.