The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

So after the daily reset tonight I presume that Winter Imp will be replaced with Imp of Love (which will be making an appearance in chests for the first time, although previously handed out directly by the devs), correct?

I was thinking the same thing last night. Do they usually announce imp changes? I honestly canā€™t rememberā€¦

The first time they ever introduced an imp available in chests was winter imp, so we have no ā€œusualā€ to go byā€¦this will be our first ā€œimp switchoverā€ since making imps available in chests at all.

1 Like

Now that I think of it, I remember questions from the PC/Mobile players about which imp is in chests for them, so I think they tend not to announce these things. Iā€™d say its a good bet, though. Looking forward to having the full cycle complete in 4 months, and hopefully theyā€™ll release spring and summer as bonus glory troops so we can get fully caught up without having to wait until June.

Updated original post for release of Jotnar Stormshield on PC/Mobile.

What is next event tomow?

Iā€™m so hoping for Sir Snothelm.

1 Like

Sirrian usually post next event around 8pm EST

Imp of love and dragonette, look like im gonna bank glory this week

Funny fact ā€œImpā€ is censored in global chat

Does anyone understand why glory event troops (those available for purchase with glory) are given so much priority over non-glory event troops when it comes to chest pulls? For example, Mimic and Bonnie are available for purchase this week, but there are two other Blackhawk troops with the same rarity level, Sharkey and Lilā€™ Johnny Bronze. Iā€™ve opened up 70 event chests this week, and about 40 of them were Mimics, compared to only about 12 Sharkeys. Same thing for the Epics, as I got Bonnie Rose 5 times but just one Johnny Bronze.

The same thing happened with the Glacial Peaks event. The purchasable Ultra Rare, Yeti, outnumbered the other Ultra Rare, by about a 4:1 ratio. I also remember getting way more Couatl pulls than Visk pulls during the Dragonā€™s Claw event.

Anyone else notice this? I suppose itā€™s possible that Iā€™ve just had some streaky luck, but it seems way too one-sided and repetitive to be that way.

If this is intentional, it seems nonsensical (and petty). Most people would want the non-purchasable troop to show up more frequently, because making a purchase on the others, if only for the stones, only adds to the number disparity. If itā€™s a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon. IMO, all troops of the same rarity should be given the same weight.

3 Likes

I think it is intentional, it always been like this

@einsteinle
I have always wondered this exact same thing with event chests. You are not alone as it happens to me every time I open event chests.
I could of had Mimic at mythic level twice before Sharkey got there.
I donā€™t understand this either.

1 Like

Original post is updated for this weekā€™s event. No new troops for us, but Werewolf and Villager should be in chests after rollover. Iā€™m not sure what the event Kingdom is yet, but Iā€™ll update the thread title once someone can confirm what it is. I guessed Dragonā€™s Claw, but weā€™ll have to wait and see.

Anyone know what happen when you buy expired chest?

Thatā€™s would be correct.

2 Likes

So, based on the post, Iā€™m going to consider all of the imps to be on the available list. While the only way we can currently get out-of-season imps is through Legendary tasks, it appears to be a possibility at any time, so we might as well reflect that in the list. Probably doesnā€™t affect anything for anyone, but there it is.

Spring is confirmed? I am only missing her

Not that I know of, but I have seen Summer, Autumn and Spooky all mentioned as received in legendary tasks out of season, so Iā€™m going to assume that all 6 are possible. They all show in the in-game troop list, so for my purposes, thatā€™s good enough.

2 Likes

i know kraken third trait is 50% chance to devour but anyone else noticed it look like kraken got preference and famine and kraken are one of his favorite meal?