The Odd Couple (PC/Mobile)

Trademarks be damned, this is the one true answer.

3 Likes

Kruarg 3rd trait + impervious are the only things i like about him :confused:

As a random aside since I can’t find a great alternative place to put this…

With the Orc kingdom rework, Gar’Nok and Dark Monolith make a pretty cool team!

Anybody tried pulling Bone Daemon out of event chests? I got one from glory keys, so I’m not going to waste mine, but they did say it would be there.

I did; got two from event chests.

3 Likes

‘General’ adds very little to Gar’Nok. From my testing he is better in 3rd slot due to current orc choices.
Furthermore, if someone still uses him in last spot, it’s only a bit of armor and health. Magic and attack do nothing for him in last spot. EDIT: I can get behind the concept that Gar’Nok is a General and Leader of the Orcs. Thematically it makes a lot of sense, too bad his ability isn’t very suited for it.

Wouldn’t ‘Orc Fury’ be a much better and fitting trait for this new troop? His spell has a condition that checks if his attack is higher compared to an enemy. So I would like to see Orc Armor be replaced with Orc Fury for this troop.

1 Like

Mab, we need a search by type filter. Searching ORC show all form of sORCery and such

You’re really using him in first position hoping that his 3rd trait triggers?
If you use it, did the condition for summoning difficult to attain or not?

He should be Kraken but version Red with damage to the first troops better than the last ones ;-).

In fact, I don’t like this troop, never found the relationship between this Maw-like troop and orcs…

On PC the type filter exists in the new UI, for Mobile try searching for Orc$ and it should work.

1 Like

I got one Bone Daemon in 105 event chests. I was actually going for Gar’Nok on my secondary account, I wouldn’t recommend fishing out Bone Daemon like that. Unless you actually plan on using him (unascended, unless you want to open a ton) or summoner, I’d just get him as an incidental when the next kingdom (or next mythic) releases.

2 Likes

im not, but still hoping some day i will, idk maybe im waiting for a new troop to show up that could heal him easier or his tankability increased or some kind of another synergy :sweat_smile:
im slowly thinking of using him at red day but still not enough of synergy i could figure out, not yet

but i just know that the devour aspect is what i could possibly have most fun with, regardign kruarg, and not his summoning part

i wouldnt mind if they moved that trait out of this poor summoner but i want that trait somewhere! :stuck_out_tongue:

Agree Drake Rider’s third trait is too much, 50% would be strong.

GarNok creating 22 gems is broken.

4 Likes

It’s a little too unique too.
This should be reserved for a new Legendary instead…

3 Likes

i feel like - for the rarity drake raider has - he should have only 25% to summon a drake, it would feel much more balanced but wouldnt fit the card design…

also i struggle to comprehend why on earth the drake has aflame touch? is it on fire? not really? does it breathe fire like dragons? in the art it doesnt look like it? does it have a torch sticked to it? no? do regular orcs or orc riders play with fire? not really?

How about instead of making it a % chance to summon, why not just summon a lower lvl drake?

It’s just as unique as rock trolls indigestible.

garnok creates much more mana then regular “decent creators” did in past since he now can surge at all his 4gem matches

you would have to scrap all your memories of the creators you used in past and play them again to see - they all now loop much better since that mana filling is much esier with the 4-surges

1 Like

Drake Rider or Drake must have some fire ignition equipment or capability as Drake Riders spell image shows a burning building.

1 Like

This. Completely this.

It doesn’t feel broken though, since he basically does nothing offensive. Yeah you can potentially loop like crazy but Orcs are all low manacost troops, after one or at most two casts there are no more troops to fill, and that is mostly all he is there for.

5 Likes

This. Also, because he does create a lot of gems I’ve found to have very rarely gotten skull matches coming in. Just get sea of red and brown.

Also, haven’t done this or seen but it would be funny watching the AI loop over and over again until he killed/suicided the team. Bahaha. Silly Gar’Nok :rofl:

3 Likes