The Odd Couple (PC/Mobile)

Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/the-odd-couple/

They’ll never Orc alone.
(Actually it’s more like the Odd Triple! Orc Veteran, Drake AND Bone Daemon, all in one event!)

New Troop: Orc Veteran

A veteran of a lifetime filled with battles, any Orc who lives long enough to turn gray is truly a force to be reckoned with!
Generally, Orc Veterans have pilfered better armor and weapons than their less experienced brethren, and they also paint special symbols on their faces and bodies to denote their status.

New Troops in Chests: Drake and Bone Daemon

These new troops (part of the Grosh-Nak Kingdom Rework see below) can now be found in chests.

Drake: Gold & Glory Chests, and also as an event troop.
Bone Daemon: Glory & Gem Chests (and in limited numbers in Event Chests)

Kingdom Rework: Grosh'Nak

Although it released last week, now is as good a time as any to highlight the recent changes to Orcs!

In summary, most Orcs now gain the ability to buff their Skills when taking LIFE damage.
In addition, when grouped with Gar’Nok, they can proc this ability from his spell, which deals a small amount of Life Damage to his allies.

New Orc Exclusive Traits:

• Orc Fury — Gain 3 Attack when I take Life damage.
  • Orc Armor — Gain 5 Armor when I take Life damage.
  • Orc Cunning — Gain 2 Magic when I take Life damage.

Armored Boar

• Increase boost ratio from x3 to x5

Cyclops

• Spell now targets Enemy
  • Troop Type changed to Orc/ Giant
  • Changed Frenzy Trait to Orc Fury
  • Base spell damage increased from 1 to 4

Dark Song

• Spell Rework, now deals damage + random debuff to the enemy. If enemy is Orc or Daemon, she will steal Mana from them.
  • Mana Cost reduced from 13 to 12
  • Now gain Magic at levels 8 and 12
  • Changed Nature Spirit to Orc Cunning
  • Changed Jinx to Cursed
  • Changed trait order from Magic Link > Jinx > Nature Spirit to Cursed > Orc Cunning > Magic Link

Drake Rider

• Spell Damage change to so damage on adjacent enemies now scales
  • Pyromania changed to Loyal Mount (100% chance to summon a drake on death.)
  • Changed Dragon Bond to Orc Armor

Fel’Dras

• Boost ratio increased from 3:1 to 2:1
  • Changed Orc Bond to Orc Cunning

Gar’Nok

• Spell Rework, now Summons a Random Orc, deal 2 True damage to all allies and create Red + Brown gems, boosted by Orc Allies.
  • Legendary Trait reworked to all allied Orcs start with 50% Mana.
  • Changed Armored to General
  • Changed Avenger to Orc Armor

Kruag the Dread

• Summon condition changed from 13+ Purple Gems to 13+ Red Gems
  • Base spell damage increased from 1 to 4
  • Mana cost reduced from 16 to 15
  • Changed Regeneration to Impervious

Orc

• Spell Rework, now Gains attack, boosted by converting Green to Brown. Enrages himself.
  • Mana cost increased from 7 to 10
  • Changed Doom to Armored
  • Changed Grudge to Orc Armor
  • Traits reordered from Doom > Fire Link > Grudge to Orc Armor> Armored > Fire Link

Summoner

• Spell now summons a Bone Daemon
  • Spell Life buff increased from 4 to 6
  • Changed Magic Heart to Orc Armor

Wyvern

• Spell now damages first 2 enemies and poisons the last 2 enemies
  • Mana cost increased from 10 to 11
  • Base spell damage increased from 4 to 5
  • Now gain Magic at level 12

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

11 Likes

Event parity soon :slight_smile:

Hi @Sirrian is there any chance you tease us with the crafting system? Any screenshot or whatever i would be happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed would be awesome to get a sneak peek on the crafting update.

Ah shucks I was hoping that Drake and Bone Daemon would be available in Glory Packs! Was really wanting to get Drake ascended a few levels for GW.

1 Like

Drake: Gold & Glory Chests, and also as an event troop.

Drake is an event troop!

1 Like

Gizmo would like to see tease of crafting system

1 Like

Yo don’t complain, i would be happy to get them direct in the chests on console :slight_smile:

1 Like

If I read that correctly:

Orc Veteran - Glory Pack and Event Chests
Drake - Glory Pack and added to all chests that normally contain Rare level cards (ie Gold, Glory, and low level guild?)
Bone Daemon - Not a glory pack, in Event Chests but very rarely as it isn’t Grosh-nak, and added to all chests that normally contain Ultra Rare level cards (Glory, Gem, and appropriate guild?)

That sound right @Sirrian ?

2 Likes

I understood only Orc Veteran will be in glory packs, but I hope I’m wrong.

Strange that the summoned troop is just stronger then the event’s troop. That veteran is weak, even for an ultra-rare.

Drake isnt available for glory? Well i guess i will never get my gards avatar traited…

Both Orc Veteran and Drake is event troops, so both should be able for glory.

2 Likes

So, there will be 2 Glory Pack Troops with Arcane Stones next week @Sirrian @Saltypatra ? Yellow / Brown and Red / Green?

The wording for the troop being in Glory Packs and in regular chest is confusing quite a few of us. :smiley:

NowayJoe2Go

Minor wording question: Bone Demon and the guild guardians create their storms. Garuda summons one (edit: so do Owleth, Heronath, Prince Azquila, and Necrezza). Is there a reason for using a different verb?

2 Likes

By what i read there will be no mountain traitstones in glory pacz

These new troops (part of the Grosh-Nak Kingdom Rework see below) can now be found in chests.

And therein lies the confusion because it says

So calling it an “event troop” says to me it is in glory packs, but we’ve never had a troop be both in glory AND instantly in chests.

4 Likes

Yay kingdom rework… and 50% boosted Orcs all week, hmm?

I read that as such also.

Orc Veteran - Glory pack
Drake - Glory pack (plus Gold + Glory chests. Uncommon troop so not in Event chests).
Bone Daemon - Glory, Gem and Event chests

1 Like

The veteran is indeed quite bad. It should at the very least get an Orc trait.

3 Likes