The Odd Couple (PC/Mobile)

Let’s wait until after the 50% buff week to see how these troops turn out.

I really like Drake Rider’s 100% summon. Perhaps it should be a set level of drake, and not a fully leveled and traited one, but after this week, Drake Rider goes back to being niche, but perhaps good enough to make non-endgame dragon teams.

If Gar’Nok summoning 50% bonus troops makes him feel over powered, but I’d like to see how he pans out without the 50% bonus. If he’s spawning 22 gems, then that’s a bug, right?, since he says 7 of each.

Every week where we get the 50% bonuses, something seems out of wack. Then, once the bonuses go away, most troops settle in. 50% bombot week was un-fun. 50% Scale Guard, Paladin, etc, all way more dangerous than normal.

The 50% bonuses do shake up the meta, where the 25% bonuses don’t seem to.

Gar’Nok spell doesn’t scale with Magic so the event bonus should not increase the number of gem created.

Else, I did my GW and whoa Orc Grunt is quite powerful for a Common. Enrage + Gain attack + convert gems. Does the gem conversion is not too much?

2 Likes

Yeah. I tested an Orc team today - not really something I’ll use, but one-shotting undamaged Gorgotha with Skulls is really something :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it the same way as when you called last week legendary broken?

For such a long term player, you sure do use those terms way to easy.

5 Likes

Black Beast
GarNok
Ogryn
Ogryn

is… amusing. Garnok starts half mana, fill him up, browns he makes fills Beast, Beast eats Ogryn, cast Garnok for another orc and fill Beast…

5 Likes

Before you match any skulls I’d give it a few more casts there mate, don’t want to take any risks!

1 Like

I’d wait before crying wolf.
Sure they look strong. But so far orc teams are not very hard to beat. I don’t see anything here that will break the meta.

Oh no! Drake Rider summons 100%!!
So what? He won’t get more use for it.
It’s still a bench card that you’ll rarely see.

6 Likes

You are correct! I believe the “cure” to meta is buffs to defense troops and buffs to unused troops as opposed to nerfing the world

1 Like

What have you done~~?

1 Like

I still hate Orcs. Look at the souls. That’s going to be 12 out of 4. :confused:

10 Event Stone things. So two were Drake Riders that made Drakes.

… of course the same team against the Paragon just won in about 30 seconds with no damage. Goes to show how RNG this is right now…

So post week opinion of the new troops?

Orc veteran: Just as bad as I thought when I first saw it.
Drake: never used it base in a team, but as a spawn it’s better than the veteran.
Bone daemon: Nice spawn, wouldn’t use it base in a team.

Storms still suck so much. They should just spawn a few gems of their type at the start of each turn.

Drake will be using again. I have in the past… good for doing a lot of damage.
Orc - will continue to use again great for front line with the rage.
Orc Veteran - need to play around with different troops.
Bone daemon - send back to the stone age :wink:
Drake - seems interesting - need to see what his stats are when he’s not buffed
GarNok - Still not feeling the love to use this troop.