The Next Update (and beyond)!

i totally agree with killerman, there are several people who have several hundred if not thousands of treasure maps that are just sitting there because the time it takes to do one is not worth the reward for those players. I myself only have 256 left, and havent used tyri in a team for quite a while… but everytime i do one i say to myself “why didnt i just do 5 pvp matches and win more than 5x the gold and 3x the souls in the same amount of time?” If there were a way to ‘cycle’ treasure maps faster, or some sort of npc barter idea, i believe it would help a ton.

Exactly. I’d be happy to get mostly anything from them - e.g. sell them back to the shop for 10% of their nominal value. Or let my guildmates use them so that they don’t waste money on the map tasks. Or whatever.

I would not care the reward if the play itself was fun – what it is not even remotely. Too little control over what happens. And most of what happens sends you backwards: we has hundreds of posts pointing out that the proper economy should assign over 4x value for every next tier and/or spawn multiple items on 4 and more matches. Also cascades kill good stuff injecting only the lowest things. No wonder it is only used for farming and in the niche the drop is wanted at all.

In the old times there was at least one sensible explanation: that money sale of packs with maps. But since Tyri gained the map-creating ability no one in right mind should buy maps anyway.

I have to say that I am cautiously optimistic. I would love to see some love given to the Arena system pretty soon, mirroring the concerns that a few others have pointed out in the thread already. I’d love to see traits introduced to the Arena, as it will both introduce new players to the merits of different traits, and freshen the game play for people that are much more experienced.

I don’t think they would bring in all traits in areana, but Maybe being able to chose one of the three traits on each card would be cool and add some additional strategy.

1 Like

Still waiting on that trademarked “soon” Trailer

4 Likes

Actually it was said to be “VERY soon”, but that seem to have somehow turned into “VERY soon™”.

5 Likes

Any release date?? :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

2.1 - ??
2.0.1 - ??
2.0 - 26 May 2016
1.0.9 - 9 Mar 2016
1.0.8 - 17 Dec 2015
1.0.7 - 29 Oct 2015

Based on your words “twice as many updates” and historical release dates, i would assume we would already be playing 2.0.1 today and 2.1 would be approx 1 month from release. Right?

9 Likes

Doesn’t mean they can pull it off yet.

1 Like

STOP getting my hope up with these resurrected Official News Threads! :rage:

7 Likes

Based on the game files, that still seems fairly probable. :wink:

Probably 2.0.1 mid July and 2.1 mid August is my guess. All of the troops coming after this next event (likely after Stormheim) are using status effects that curren’t don’t exist in the game. There would need to be some kind of update between now and 2 events from now.

I really need to gain lounge access! I’m going crazy with the limited knowledge! :smiley:

2 Likes

This thread was not long dead. It started just 11 days ago, and there wasn’t even a long enough pause for the forum to do the “X days later” thing.

1 Like

Not a bad pic though wonder if that will be the future troop lich king, spell is raise the dead, summon a troop that died this game- not a confirmed troop.

Could be a whitewalker…part of a Game of Thrones kingdom! Perfect show for a crossover

Whitewalkers should go into either stormheim or glacial peaks. Both are cold northern kingdoms and it would be nice to see what they can do as a spell.

1 Like

The only way I see it happening in the stated timeline is if we get the Preview tomorrow.