The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament - First Round

#The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament

LINKS of the progress:
The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: Announcement/Registration
The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Draft (and apparently Discussion as well)

So everyone we have finally reach the final stage of the first Series, the Matchups and the PUBLIC VOTE

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, links are at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Are the Troops ascended? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? Is it a best-of-whatever? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • The re-balances of April 18 DO NOT APPLY. The Draft was conducted long before and the Troops were chosen according to how they worked before
  • Each Round of voting will be open for 48 hours, then the votes will be counted by the Commissioner. The Commissioner’s totals are the official results.
  • There will be in-game rewards for the top-3 winners (Thank you, @Nimhain & Development Team)
    • First: 8 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice
      • Second: 5 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice
    * Third: 3 Arcane Traitstones of a single type, of their choice

##The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series

• I will be taking applications through Private Message with the goal of a 16-Team Series next.
  • With a 16-Team Series, there will be a Round Robin in a “Group Stage” followed by a playoff
  • There will be in-game rewards for the top-3 winners (Thank you, @Nimhain & Development Team)
  • There are plenty of spots open, so please feel free to join.
  • You are also welcome to ask the competitors of this Series for their personal experience in participating.

3 Likes

Guidelines:

• Vote according to your own rules. Are the Troops ascended? Is it a best-of-whatever? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • The re-balances of April 18 DO NOT APPLY. The Draft was conducted long before and the Troops were chosen according to how they worked before

##FIRST ROUND: #1 ROYAL BLESSINGS vs. #8 KARASU

Royal Blessings

User: @Royalty

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Celestasia
Valkyrie
Mercy
Sacred Guardian

Team Bonus:
Duke of Devas
All troops gain +2 Armor, +2 Life and +1 Attack for having 3 unique Whitehelm troops

Divine Captain
All troops gain +2 Armor and +2 Life for having 3 unique Divine troops

VS.

Karasu

User: @Shiratori

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Gorgotha
Terraxis
Watcher
Soothsayer

Team Bonus:
Daemon Captain
All troops gain +2 Attack for having 3 unique Daemon troops

• #1 Royal Blessings

• #8 Karasu

0 voters

Poll will close at 8:00p.m. Central, Friday April. 22

Guidelines:

• Vote according to your own rules. Are the Troops ascended? Is it a best-of-whatever? You choose, however always assume a fair fight

##FIRST ROUND: #2 ENDURANCE TEST vs. #7 WTF?

Endurance Test

User: @PowerPlay

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Herdmaster
Templar
Alastair
Goblin King

Team Bonus:
None

VS.

Team WTF?

User: @Grimmorith*

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Kerberos
Chimera
Cockatrice
Dimetraxia

Team Bonus:
None

• #2 Endurance Test

• #7 Team WTF?

0 voters

Guidelines:

##FIRST ROUND: #3 THE STUDS vs. #6 ACTREALITY

The Studs

User: @Studs

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Druid
Sunweaver
Keeper of Souls
Wight

Team Bonus:
Lord of Bones
All troops gain +2 Armor for having 2 unique Khetar troops

Undead Captain
All troops gain +1 Magic for having 3 unique Undead troops

VS.

Actreality

User: @actreal

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Bone Dragon
Skeleton
Green Slime
Goblin Rocket

Team Bonus:
None

• #3 The Studs

• #6 Actreality

0 voters

1 Like

Guidelines:

##FIRST ROUND: #4 ELDER WORSHIP vs. #5 WONDER PETS

Elder Worship

User: @Zelfore*

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Abhorath
Aziris
Giant Spider
Star Gazer

Team Bonus:
Lord of Magic
All troops gain +2 Life for having 2 unique Karakoth troops

VS.

User: @yonizaf

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Knight Coronet
Anoited One
Sheggra
Siren

Team Bonus:
None

• #4 Elder Worship

• #5 Wonder Pets

0 voters

1 Like

Just an FYI, you can make polls on this forum by using:

[code][poll name=NameGoesHereIfPostingMultiplePolls]

• Choice 1
  • Choice 2
  • Add more if needed.
    [/poll]
    [/code]

It creates a poll like this:

• Was this helpful?
  • Was this not helpful?
  • This poll is pointless and am simply making it to show how it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

0 voters

4 Likes

Thanks @Tacet

I might use Strawpoll in the future still, that way Mods can participate and nobody can claim tampering.

1 Like

It is easier to tamper with strawpolls. Strawpolls can vote once per IP address. This forum can only vote once per account. Every account on this forum needs a valid in game name and would easily be limited to one vote per person.

2 Likes

I guess I will use the Forum’s markup for polls for the Semi-Finals and Finals, plus future Series

EDIT: The voting has already started, so to avoid making people revote, I’ll keep the Strawpolls for the First Round ONLY

1 Like

I voted for my own team.

I’m not apologizing, nor am I sorry. The other competitors would probably do the selfsame.

3 Likes

I would be disappointed if you didn’t.

3 Likes

Competitors are allowed to vote, and for themselves even (if they want… ;))

Just like in real life elections.

2 Likes

Does that mean we get to buy our votes? :wink:

1 Like

No, you as the voter get to have your vote bought :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll give a small loan of a million gems for everyone that votes for my team. I don’t even have a team in the race, so it should be interesting. xD

2 Likes

There are spots open for the next Series if you are interested :wink:

2 Likes

Just to be clear, here’s how The Studs would defeat Actreality:

Actreality’s team is heavily dependent on feeding the Bone Dragon so it can fire off its skill, make skull matches, and win. The Skeleton is actually pretty worthless for this since the Bone Dragon consumes all of the Purple matches. That leaves the Green Slime and Goblin Rocket (which is very imprecise for a feeder) to try to feed the Bone Dragon. Once the BD is gone, the team is pretty ineffectual. And it’s in the first slot…

My team will handle this nicely since Druid is in the first slot to absorb early blows and dish out damage. If it dies and gets off a few shots in the process, great! (And it surely will since it has Fast, giving it 50% mana to start). The true power, however, lies in the nasty Sunweaver/KoS/Wight combo. The Sunweaver is amazing at buffing and feeding mana. We’re talking +12 to Attack, Armor, & Life, plus 9 Mana, with each cast. This will fill super fast thanks to 2 Water Links and the +2 Blue banner. Cast her skill on herself and make one blue match and she’s filled again! She could easily get +36 to Atk/Arm/HP before Druid dies. Or she could help sustain the Druid, or fill the KoS faster, depending on how the match plays out. Either way, once the Druid dies you’ve got a beastly, fast-filling Sunweaver ready to crush the opposition thanks to KoS making tons of skull matches (and converting those precious Purple matches of the Bone Dragon/Skeleton so they don’t fill up). One-shotting is a real possibility when we’re talking 50+ Atk after several Druid bursts. And bear in mind that the KoS matches come easy b/c the Wight is there to create Purple matches for it (not to mention the Green Slime). No way you can fill all those troops as Druid dies, you say? Did I mention that the team covers all 6 colors?

See… this is someone who knows how to sell the team for the win. :wink:

2 Likes

Do we assume max level + max traited? I have been voting accordingly assuming the two.

2 Likes

Similarly, I’m up against the most defensive team out there that has only 1 attacking unit, the Sacred Guardian. Get rid of him, and the only way they can win from that point is through skulls. Problem is Gorgotha is going to soak up a lot of skull damage and Watcher can pretty much ignore Sacred Guardian’s biggest defense since he bypasses armor for true damage. Terraxis can chip away at everyone while refueling everyone else. Soothsayer meanwhile helps refil everyone and boosts them in the process. Watcher’s trait also boosts himself whenever someone else casts a spell so Soothsayer’s ability effectively lets Watcher do 2 more damage with each use, let’s Gorgotha explode 1 more gem each time (which bulk refills everyone), and Terraxis can get rid of barriers and armor. The team is an avalanche that starts strong and gets stronger still.

Now, while I also only use 5 colors, Terraxis changes the one I don’t use (blue) to brown. So overall, everything is usable and the firepower will exceed any healing the other guys may get.

1 Like