(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Waiting on @Nimhain to change her profile picture again…

You make a good argument. For some reason, my mind instantly combines ‘Mana Drain’ with ‘Damage’, (I blame recent Mana Drain troops) so he appeared more threatening than he actually was. Still, I think either the total immunity or the 1/4 chance of destruction need to go. (I’m okay with the Magic decrease because it’s a random troop, not all. Like a more reliable stat, yet unreliable targeting, Plague.)

Seriously, all he needs is Entangle and he can turn any troop into a puppet. (So pair with Sylvanimora, yes?)

Hard to say whether this is one of those “wait and see” kind of troops. Mana Drain’s proven to be a little too powerful as of late so I’m reasonably concerned. :weary:

1 Like

I’m not really clear on why Stun is so closely tied to Mana Drain. I kind of get it, thematically, but this is the third troop we will have that does both as part of its spell effect.

Possibly because, except for a few key traits like Granite Skin, stun is very lacklustre…

:thinking:

At a guess–as a counter to all the legendaries with cool traits that trigger fairly often and high-cost spells that you’ll only fire a few times in a game?

In all fairness, you folks are just seeing a work in progress there… he’s definitely not final yet.

9 Likes

Whew we can breathe a sigh of relief.

Have you been using him much? Does he feel way overpowered or is the above all a bit dramatic?

We’ve been testing him this weekend actually.

The 25% chance to destroy feels pretty weak… it’s equivalent to Kerberos’ devour chance, and that hardly ever seems to go off (and DRACOS doesn’t get the devour buff that Kerberos receives either)

Apart from that he’s annoying, but not devastating, because inherently he’s got not much damage. Currently considering the removal of Impervious for another good trait, and possibly a small increase to his mana cost.

9 Likes

Sounds interesting. Probably be used mainly on defence to be a thorn in everyone’s side?

1 Like

This is sort of where I thought it would be actually. A super expensive ability that totally cripples a single troop for a while … y’know, or use TSO and hit them all. Or use MAW. Etc. (And definitely saw the Kerberos parallel also.)

That was my expectation as well. The troop doesn’t seem particularly powerful, it’s just that its toolset is full of what you see in the most annoying defense troops. I don’t think it’s particularly stronger than many other Legendaries on paper, it’s just that the game hardly needs more mana drainers on defense.

4 Likes

In all fairness to others though, how many times has a troop not seemed such on paper and turn out to totally change the meta? I think the meta has already changed now from not so “deadly” troops. We’ll just have to see though. I know the devs work hard to try to balance and test this stuff.

@sirrian an irritating mana drainer is a waste of a good legendary concept… Aha the giant mecha dragon, an armoured monstrosity, bristling with spikes and guns… Its super disintegrate laser will… annoy you to death…

I think it should deal damage. A lot. Or conditionally a super mega lot. Use mana burn again.

Not another mana drain please. Especially on the giant mecha dragon where it least fits thematically.

Third trait idea was also annoying and also makes no thematic sense to me. Pls consider the comparison to Moloch. This one always hits Magic, which is better than a random stat choice, and it also does 2 points not 1? Yeah it’s one enemy, not all of them, but still feels just better. And irrelevant for a giant mecha dragon.

Famine, Plague, Moloch, Death, already have us facing loads of stat losses. This would be dull, to just have another, and annoying to be left with spells doing very little. More stalling.

As @lyya says that draft takes many things we hate and puts them in one big metal box. Waste of a concept, and no doubt its great art, if anyone asks me.

Please can we have awesome troops that are fun to use, rather than more troops that are no fun to face

8 Likes

I am sure they are making those types of troops too… they just cant be all like that. And if they gave it ‘super mega’ damage then there will be another thread asking them to nerf that too.

Basically they seem to be in an impossible position - can’t please everyone.

3 Likes

This x1000 + 10char.

1 Like

Wonder what we get tomorrow

References to Duran Duran and an impossibility.

1 Like

Correction: the only possible position.

You can never please everyone.

1 Like

Several of the newer troops are a blast to use.

1 Like