Keep keys before patch 1.0.8 ...?

Id trade my carnex for a staff of madness and a hobgoblin…

How about for my 273 Dire Wolves?

I miss using cheat engine on Diablo 2, and summoning that many Dire Wolves. Crashed single player so many times.

As for this game, my newest team is:

Hero(Winter’s Woe)
Dire Wolf
Carnex
Gorgotha

Since hunter’s mark doubles damage from destroyed skulls, the exploders do some decent damage. Also, having two status effects active on the first enemy looks awesome:

1 Like

About troops only (without considering runes):
Maybe using the magic keys is the best option.
1 magic key → 1 gems key + 2 gold key
<=> 1 ultrarare or better + 2 common or better → 1 ultrarare or better + 2 common or rare
For example, you cannot obtain 1 epic + 1 ultrare with 1 gems key + 2 gold key…
In fact, I think that the 2 gold keys are pretty bad because you can gain common or rare troops only and so no legendary… 1 gem key + 2 glory keys will be more fair. Or 3 gem keys… The same for 1 steel key → 3 glory keys.
But my wife opened 16 magic keys yesterday and she always have 1 ultrare+2common… Maybe the magic keys have been nerfed.
Did someone opened many magic keys and can confirm this point? Machiknight maybe?

50 (ie 50 troops) gem keys compared to 40 magic keys (120 troops) is I think too bad…

Once again I didn’t take care about runes and I focus mainly on troop farming which may be useful for the fusion feature. Or not ;-).

No keys have be nerfed.

Hmmm I didn’t really party too close of attention when opening them, I should have. It does seem like I got mid commons than usual but that might have been recall boss. Also, I don’t open magic keys very often.

Why?

Why would you keep one type of keys but use the other before the patch? Am I missing someting here?

Like @Tacet I use magic key to increase the number of epic and legendarie troop in stock for the sacrifice (show the preview parts 2 : 1.0.8 Preview Part 2 – Upgrading Troops – Gems of War)

But i keep my iron key because i’ve enough common and rare for the sacrifice and i prefer to convert them into glory key (show the preview parts 1 : 1.0.8 Preview Part 1 – Chests and Keys – Gems of War)

The sacrifice can help you to decide if you need to use key or keep them
If you have enough troop, keep it, otherwise use it :wink:

As I’ve said before, we really need to see some detailed patch notes, including drop rates, before we can make an informed decision. If someone happens to have 100 Magic keys on their hands, knowing the ratios of epics, legendaries, and various traitstones WILL make a huge difference. And we need a couple days to work with it all, especially if we also need to make similar decisions for Iron vs Gold keys (admittedly, not likely). @Sirrian can you chime in on this soon?

I mean, I keep saying ‘new is better’, but if it’s not for some reason … I don’t know. I personally hate feeling stupid like that when I make assumptions that go wrong. Like mass disenchanting legendaries. If those traitstones have the same chances as their respective troop tiers and are substituted for them, then things get, at the very least, hard to figure out. Maybe more legendaries to burn IS better.

I personally feel like dropping some more money on the game myself, since its kept me happy all year - but I’d want to know whether to do it now or after the patch.

I highly doubt we will have drop rates released to us, OR “detailed patch notes” before the activation. That just hasn’t been the case before with other patches. I hope I’m wrong thigh and they release all this info and say “it’s been submitted, make your decisions soon!”

I highly doubt that too. I guess they are lacking the necessary manpower to do so.

Perhaps @sirrian @crowdedworlds @nimhain could comment and let us know which way they are leaning so we can be better informed with our resources?

Of course, whatever that VIP thing is will probably lead to a statistically better investment afterwards, so we ought to only be spending after. Probably. I guess the question is what to do with the ones we already have.

you know, that’s a very valid point I hadn’t considered; will using resources get better returns with higher VIP levels? I definitely plan on getting my vip level up, maybe not to 10 but as high as I can reasonably afford. If having that higher changes what I’ll get for spending my keys, I’ll want to factor that into my decision.

1 Like

VIP will provide a larger number of resources when buying gems or bundles. (Which is also what increases it.)
Otherwise it’ll mainly effect Gold/Souls/Exp gain, (same as armors/difficulties) depending on your VIP level.

There are other cool minor perks (like free scouting), but nothing that’ll alter chest rewards or whatever.

Another thing apparently planned is a “Subscription” option, though that can probably wait 'til patch release for further details.

:: watches @nimhain dropping around eagerly anticipating her landing on this thread also::

Someone rang? :sunglasses:

We will be releasing Patch Notes when the patch goes live. Unfortunately we won’t be releasing the drop rates for each chest.

It’s been submitted but we’re waiting on approvals.

1 Like

You’ve all got anytime between a week to tomorrow to cash in your keys now, no time to wait. :key:

Looks like we’ll have to be keeping records of our statistics again…
But with bunch opening of chests it should be a lot less painful than it is now ^^

No worries, I’m recording my 1,000s of gold and glory keys for statistics. I’ll also do around 50-300 gem keys and possibly 50 of the other 2. Maybe more depending on the VIP system and however that works, for I will likely wait until level 10 VIP before buying gems. It will be ridiculously easy to keep track of now that it could all be recorded in minutes instead of several hours. Luckily my footage won’t get corrupted this time since I won’t have to open 5,000 keys one by one all at once. O_O

3 Likes