GW First week feedback

I skip the gimmick teams in PVP a lot, don’t have that option in GW…

3 Likes

I haven’t heard anyone else complain about odd numbers of board shuffles. I know I haven’t had an unusual amount in GW. So, I doubt the devs changed the drop rate in GW.

3 Likes

I can confirm that we haven’t changed the RNG for Guild Wars. It is the same old RNG as the rest of the game, whether you love it, hate it, or love to hate it.

5 Likes

I’m totally L2H.

I wouldn’t have booked 2 years in this game if I didn’t love hating the things that frustrate me.

Thanks for the confirmation. However, I wanted to ask one more thing of you, @Saltypatra - is there something regarding the troops colors taken into account when the RNG is working?

The reason I’m asking is that over the past year, specifically since the release of Bombots, I noticed that color-heavy teams tended to get a lot more boards where they are mana starved.

Am I just not noticing it because I normally play a team with all colors so I’m never starved?

The reason I thought the RNG had to have been changed was that now when I’m running single color teams I not only find myself in mana starvation situations where the only three colors available are the three you don’t have on your team… where the board reshuffles a strangely high amount of times. Its only happening in GW games and not in PVP, but I’m running all-color teams in PVP. Could I be encountering a different thing where there is a algorithm that controls the gem drops and it looks at team colors?

Logically, when you’re removing more of one colour than others more regularly from the board, you are bound to be left with more of the colours you are not using.

5 Likes

if you’re just gonna spew undeniable logic and stone-cold facts, then what’s the point of a discussion?

:smile:

3 Likes

Troop colours, whether on the players side or the AI side, play no role in the RNG for the board. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I did that today and it worked like a charm :slight_smile: AND it was red :slight_smile:

1 Like

The prices are wrong. Actually it has no effect whether you rank first or last in your current bracket if you are, say in the “Rank 400-999”. You get the same price, no matter what you do.
Prices should be based on the rank in your bracket and not that “whoow rank 1 gets 1000 diamonds” or whatever. That’s out of interest.
Prices per bracket would actually make sense and motivate guilds to win their bracket. Currently it is a waste of time.

1 Like

Sorry, but I like to win my arguments. Stone-cold facts and undeniable logic are best for this purpose :wink:

Do you mean “rewards” by saying “prices”? If so - there was rather lengthy discussion on that topic in one of the sneak peeks. Long story short:

1. The devs divided guilds into brackets so that the very weak one doesn’t directly fight against a very strong one.
  2. Rewards must be easy to scale as more guilds appear in the GW - that’s why the global rewards table.

I personally agree that it’s disheartening to fight for almost nothing (only going up next week - lower in the table it can easily be not enough to increase the rewards in one week). Maybe the rewards should be as they are per whole bracket, but scaled according to how well you played, e.g. 150% of current rewards for 1st place in a bracket and only 50% for the last, somehow scaled in-between.

3 Likes

The problem with this is that the rewards at the top of bracket X might be higher than they would be at the bottom of bracket X-1. This encourages guilds to try and do worse on some weeks, and make it to the top of the worse bracket next week for higher rewards.

2 Likes

Yes, I know - and it was another reason to make the rewards table as it is (I forgot about it in my previous post). However if it’s only for brackets where in current system rewards would be the same for all 10 players I don’t see it as a problem - do you really think someone would try to get from bracket 11th to 12th to get easier fights? And my scaling was just an example - maybe 120% for first place and 80% for last is better? Or just a flat additional reward for winning a bracket (like 3 or 5 gems). I’m more concerned about clear and easily-readable presentation of such reward system - but hey, we’re just tossing ideas here for now.

2 Likes

after 2 weeks of gw:

im surprised myself to discover that im simply very tired
these 2 weeks were feeling like a constant marathon of team building struggle finalised by relatively stressing fight and i simply do not wish to have another week like that (not to mention this becoming a ‘norm’ of lifestyle!)

i would never suspect that 5 fights a day is too much, but here i am completely admitting these fights should all be given out at tuesday (or at least half of them) in a way that ppl could finish off their gw in 2-3 days and have a solid 4-5 days break-off the gw if they wished to.

to clarify im quite active player and most of the weeks i donate 700+k gold so playign for hours is nothing horrible to me, but playing hours in a non-stressful low-brain-requiring way is totally different then what gw requires, if it tires a player like me, how about more casual players?

i hope this ^ and below thread will be solutions to at least part of gw problems

4 Likes

I just lost my last match, because the AI kept getting turn after turn after turn.

I know the devs will jump on that with the usual “we tested it, it’s 100% fair” reply.
But it’s not about being fair… it’s about being fun.

And it’s just not fun… You should put code in there that blocks this crap, for AI as well as for player…
That way it’s still fair.

Might as well toss a coin after clicking battle, and give me a loss or victory, if it’s all up to RNG luck anyways.
This has nothing to do with skill anymore.

1 Like

Which team?

1 Like

If you have a guildleader that stresses people about GW success rates and forces members to perform at a certain level, i can understand your feeling of exhaustion and if it takes a toll on you and is no fun, you stand before the difficult situation to either stay and fight through it or look for another guild that is much more easygoing when it comes to guild wars.

But if you are in a relaxed guild that doesn’t tryhard GW, then it is just 5 games, push the damn button and see what happens in the battle, do the 5 battles as part of your pvp grind and you are not even doing any extra work other than to push the GW button once.

As for the first two weeks marathon of teambuilding, i get that too, i did that myself, not because my guild pushed me to perform great in GW but because i actually enjoyed that part of the game.
But now this is over, regardless of whether you did enjoy that or not, now the team cores are built, you now have a clear understanding of what approaches to take to counter specific threats.
I just pick my daily coloured team, scout and make a couple of adjustments if needed, the teambuilding part doesn’t cost me more than maybe a handfull extra minutes a day.

5 Likes

no i dont, the stress part is just tiny (like a cherry on top of the cake, or the drop of water that manages to crush the rock)

what tires me is my own eagerness of making a team that will work, every time having to prepare over again coz different meta different color and different enemy troop setup

sorry i cannot do that, i care about my result as i care about my gw rewards, its not healthy nor cool not even fun to tell ppl to stop caring about their game progress simply coz it costs too much stress/game time, thats not how game suppose to work

i still enjoy it, im that kind of a gamer, but i can see it affecting my life /health so i know i cant go on like that forever

i was thinking that the first week, but then the second week i had to make all the teams from scratch to counter scale guards

i know ill have to do that again to counter spirit foxes when they come up, and so on

1 Like

when i think more about it:

• the stress of loosing points is bearable
  • daily victory is tasty but acceptable to loose
  • the amount of fights needed to do is allright

what is not acceptable:

• inability to do the job in few days and have few days off!

in theory we can wait first few days of week and then make it up at weekend but there is one significant fact why its not a good enough option: if we move everything to the weekend we end up with a risk we will not make it in time if something comes up, it would bring additional stress and generally a bad habbit of leaving everything to the “last minute”
responsible ppl want to do the job first and then rest, not in the opposite order
and the last 5 battles are only available to do in 1 day, its not really so cool

so please devs, in some way, make it possible to finish the gw within first few days of the gw week, even if it means - for those who decide to do it that way - to loose the daily win

2 Likes

What you’re describing would require significant recoding, I think. I like the idea you’re proposing – you can do battles any time, but only those fights on the correct day count towards the daily wars. Let’s hope that I am wrong, and that this is an easy modification that can be pushed out with 3.0.1!

2 Likes

I don’t think it would take that much coding at all.
Everything is already determined at the beginning of the week, so you could do all fights at the beginning of the week.
If you keep Monday a rest day, then you could do all battles at the start of the battles now, so Tuesday morning.

All the points for all the fights can accumulate for each day, just like they do now. They are already stored separately, otherwise you would not be able to do fights at the end of the week, and raise the score of Tuesday’s battle.

At the daily reset, the victor for the battle of that day is determined, just like it is now.

Shouldn’t cost much coding work at all… everything is pretty much in place.

1 Like