GW First week feedback

And that is one of my biggest complaints of GW.

I wanted to see this broken into divisions for newbies to get some traction with their cards as they grew. Even mid range - we’re going up against the top 50 guilds and IT is painful.

I don’t like how the set up the ranking systems. I know there is ways to determine that ‘player’s’ strength for their cards… (We used to do this in MtG)

However on a flip side, I got my behind kicked to the door by a level 152 player… I’m 747 level.

So far guild wars has been “50 Shades of Deathknight”

2 Likes

But isn’t that a part of natural progression in a game?
Should an early gamer really start into Guild Wars with the expectation to perform exactly as good as a lv1000+ player? Moreso even expect to get flawless results and points in Guild Wars?
I don’t think they should, instead they should do the best they can and there are a myriad of possibilities to craft well-rounded teams with more common troops that still perform well enough and then come back next week and the following with an improved roster of troops to perform better.

3 Likes

Oh, heavens no, new players shouldn’t expect to do flawlessly. At the same time, though, they can’t do what Taisiakat suggested and build teams for their opponent – they simply don’t have the catalog available. So GW will be a more frustrating experience for them.

3 Likes

we have one low level player, 1 week old, 90+lv acc (with just 2 legendaries and zero kingdoms lv10) with us in the bracket 4

he basically cannot do anything yet, seems like high bracket adds more requirements then the guild had before but we arent giving up!
one or few weeks and he will grow in power :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think we should start publicly shaming anyone running DK or multi-Death teams until DM gets nerfed.

1 Like

Lets rather shame the Scum Guard teams!..Though that would include me, so nevermind.

6 Likes

5 fights today. 4 of them were Deathknight/Black Manacles, Spider or Forest, Kerberos, Kraken. The 5th was Deathknight + 3 stealthy units.

Joy…

3 Likes

Okay, that’s just funny. Irritating to be sure, but it’d make me grin right before/after I groaned.

3 Likes

While we’re at it, we should also publicly shame 4x Scale Guard teams in GW. Every freakin team!

2 Likes

When is the next Maugrim Woods/Beast event? Looking forward to the week of 4x Mega Spirit Fox.

5 Likes

This is making me wonder if we really should be allowing the event bonuses in GW - one side is that you DO get a bonus to use different troops. The down side is that it ends up making even more “grief” defense teams and I guess that is what GW is turning into at high levels - trying to get the RNG to let you make it through a grief defense without losing a troop. It’s not exactly fun because it’s more like ‘I wonder if this board will give me enough mana’ or ‘I wonder if this death knight will team wipe me again’ instead of ‘how can I beat this team’ because there isn’t too much variety in the weekly griefs.

2 Likes

Yeah, shame on them! Booooo!!!
Can’t they use proper grief teams like Death Knight with Black manacles, Two Scale Guards and Famine all fully traited? :joy:

We are about to have Divinion Fields eventually i think, so it means Astral Spirit shenanigans right and left.

3 Likes

of course they shouldn’t. That’s why the devs allowed it.

Why r u always so negative?

1 Like

My new policy for Guild Wars: If I run into anyone using Scale Guards for the day then I put up Scale Guards for the day.

3 Likes

so… you just start with Scale Guards then?

1 Like

I took the day off from Guild Wars, was wonderful…think I may repeat until Devs choose the defense teams.

1 Like

Because in regular pvp all defense teams are super exciting fun generators!

2 Likes

SET F=FAFFLFUFF

First, I want to give the friendliest of F-YOUs to you because guess what? I feel like you’re trying to solve my problem by telling me that I’m stupid.

So F You.

Now, to get back to the land of civility, I am definitely noticing something that is eating me up with frustration.
I am level 1000+ and have played PVP for over 2 years in this game. In all that time I have never once had a battle where the board is so lacking any legal moves that it reshuffles more than once or twice in a battle.

This week alone I have had 3 battles where the board is so sparse that it reshuffles between 5-10 times PER GAME and almost ALL the reshuffles happen after my turn, often giving my opponent several nice 4-5 matches.

Yes, you have a point about the randomness of the guild guardians. Yes that might have been wrong to try to deploy that in GW. But I didn’t get screwed because the guardian was too weak, I got screwed because the board was only giving brown and yellow mana and I didn’t need either. Even after a gorgotha cast, it still was mostly brown and yellow but somehow never enough to constantly loop gorgotha.

So my next gripe seems to be - why all the board shuffles all of a sudden? It seems to me that they changed up the RNG for GW… and made it worse?!?

1 Like